chapter 7
-------------

Superman waited for Lois, Jimmy, and Perry at his home he had bought with Lois. He wanted to spend the afternoon with the people the closed to his heart in the little town he grew up in, Smallville. It was probably the last time he would see his parents and his friends in a very long time. The afternoon had been filled with food and laughter. Clark’s parents had been organizing a sort of farewell party for Lois and Clark. They had spent the afternoon digging up memories, glad to finally share some of what they had gone through in bringing up an alien. Glad that they could share the secret with people that could be trusted. Clark wasn’t someone to easily trust this part of his life so they knew that nobody in this room would bring out anything.

The afternoon went by fast, to fast for Clark’s liking but he knew that the time had arrived to go to the field behind the barn. They all walked side by side. Clark staring in front of him, he didn’t want to see the sadness on there faces until it would be time to finally say goodbye to them. The ship was already there, he knew because Ching was already waiting for them with the bracelets he had asked for. He may be Zara’s partner but he was still under Clark’s command.

Ching bowed to him the moment stood in front of him, “My lord.” was the only thing he said.

He heard gasps from both Jimmy and Perry. They knew he was the ruler on the planet but knowing and seeing it with their own eyes were two different things.

“Stand up, Ching,” Clark said a little uncomfortable. He just couldn’t get used to the whole bowing tradition.

“The bracelets you asked for, my lord,” Ching said the moment he stood up.

“Thank you, Ching,” Clark said with the nod of his head.

Clark turned towards the people he cared about and was about to leave for God knows how long.

“Mom, Perry, Jimmy, take these bracelets. They will make it possible to communicate with each other. The only thing you have to do is to hold it in front of you and say, Let me speak to Clark or Lois, whoever you want to talk to. I will be able to send your call to Lois if I will be able to take the call, I don’t know what I am going to find there. The bracelet itself was small and silver with a little globe in the middle. The globe looked like the one Clark possessed.

“Thank you, Kent. Take good care of Lois up there, you hear.” Perry said trying to stop the tremble in his voice. Clark hugged him tightly and swallowed away his own emotions. After Clark, it was Lois her turn to say goodbye to the chief who had given her a chance to become the reporter she was now, “Keep the Daily Planet alive in my absence, chief!” Lois laughed, tears in her eyes.
“I will and take good care of him, Lois,” Perry answered. He couldn’t help it anymore and took a step aside to give Jimmy the same chance.

“Clark, I am going to miss you man,” Jimmy said wiping the tears from his eyes before embracing him.
“You have been my best friend, Jimmy. I am going to miss you too!” Clark swallowed his emotions away. Making room for Lois to do the same.
“Be careful up there, Lois. Don’t get yourself into trouble.” Jimmy laughed sadly.

“I will do my best Jimmy,” Lois said with a little laugh before embracing him. Lois was going to miss him the most of all but nothing could change her mind of leaving with her husband.

“Clark, honey be careful, alright.” His mom said trying to keep herself strong. His father wasn’t a man of much words. He couldn't bring out more than, “Good luck, son!” even those words had been hard to say.

Martha walked towards Lois, “Take good care of our son, Lois.”

“I will Martha and I will make sure he comes back someday,” Lois said embracing her mother-in-law from the earth and the only one in her heart.

“Lord Kal-el, Lois it’s time to leave,” Ching said with a bowed head. Clark nodded. It was going to take time to get used to his birth name again.

Ching took the nod as a sign to make the ship visible.

Clark sighed deeply, this was it. He swallowed one more time before he took Lois her hand and walked on the ramp with his wife next to him. Looking one more time before they disappeared completely.

“Here is the special bracelet you requested, my lord,” Ching said while giving him a beautiful golden bracelet, engraved with a special heart design, with a blue globe in the middle. “Here this is for you, my love. You will be able to reach me at all times.” Clark placed the bracelet around her arm before he placed his hand on her cheek, “Thank you for coming with me, Lois!” He smiled before he closed the gap between them until their lips touched each other. This time it would be different with Lois by his side, the only one he called his wife in his heart no matter what traditions were waiting for him.

“We are ready to leave, Ching!” Clark being Kal-el again, commanded.

“Alright, my lord, I will bring you to the main room we will be at the floating palace in exactly one hour,” Ching said with the most respect although he felt a ping of jealousy. He knew that the supreme ruler's arrival would mean that he needed to take place again, even in Zara her heart or so that is what he feared. He didn’t understand that there was only one woman in his heart, Lois.

“The proper clothing waits for you in this room,” Ching said. He had brought clothing for both of them. Kal-el sighed and walked in the room with Lois behind him.

“Goodbye Clark and hello Kal-el.” Kal-el sighed deeply.

TBC

comments

Last edited by LadyTpower; 07/04/19 12:28 PM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *