Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284926 06/19/19 08:48 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 19. This one is second or third in my list of favorite chapters. Deep down, Clark is a genuinely good person who is determined to help even if it causes him pain. And another piece of the puzzle appears for Jimmy. The song, Miss Otis Regrets, is an interesting choice for the role it takes. Recall that Scott told Lois about Hightower’s ‘keys’. Naturally he’d need to choose one that was obscure enough that those it was used on wouldn’t be likely to accidentally hear it. In addition, it’s not a particularly happy song. Is this one used on just the test subjects or was it additionally used on the general public?

Thanks for reading!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
No-no-no! You're supposed to let us ask the speculative questions! If you ask them, what are we going to write?

spider Lex is in town, huh? Made the trip to Missouri pretty quickly after all. And despite being a human being (physically, anyway), he's still essentially a single-celled organism, determined to have his own way and kill anyone who stands in his path. He still doesn't know that Lois isn't pregnant - or - evil is she?

Surely you wouldn't do that to her, would you? How would Lana react if she heard that Lois was pregnant? Would she assume that Clark was the baby daddy and that's why Lois has been stalking him? If she's not, how will Lex react when he learns that he's NOT gonna be a daddy?

I'm glad you presented Lana as a self-aware, self-controlled young woman instead of a hysterical harpy. I still wonder how badly she'll be hurt when she recovers her real memories? How will Clark react to her when he gets his mind back?

Horror of horrors - will Clark take actual vengeance on Luthor? Could he? How will he handle the anger that's certain to bubble up inside him? Will Scott be able to talk him down from the ledge, or will Clark go after Luthor with all guns blazing?

I'm not certain I would blame him if he did.

Okay, I'm ready for the next post! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
No-no-no! You're supposed to let us ask the speculative questions! If you ask them, what are we going to write?
Whoops! My bad. Though you seem to have many more still smile.

spider Lex is in town, huh? Made the trip to Missouri pretty quickly after all. And despite being a human being (physically, anyway), he's still essentially a single-celled organism, determined to have his own way and kill anyone who stands in his path. He still doesn't know that Lois isn't pregnant - or - evil is she?
What kind of response could I give to this that you wouldn't read into and think you know how its going to end?? wink
(same thing on some your other ones)
(And did you read into that and think you know how its going to end??)

I'm glad you presented Lana as a self-aware, self-controlled young woman instead of a hysterical harpy. I still wonder how badly she'll be hurt when she recovers her real memories? How will Clark react to her when he gets his mind back?
We were presented with a bit of a control freak in the only episode she appeared in. As a control freak, she's not going to allow herself to be completely unreasonable. She can't control everything else in her life if she can't control herself. Questions I personally still have unanswered on this topic: Since Lana wasn't nearly as close to Clark as she would have liked when they were in high school, would Lex have needed to change much of her memories? She didn't play any role during those two years before this all went downhill. Clark's parents needed monumental changes of course, but Lana?

Okay, I'm ready for the next post! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Lets see. Its approximately 60 hours until the next chapter. Sunday morning smile

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard