Chapter 9:

Tommy walked inside with his arm around Kimberly and Rocky behind them still wearing a smile from ear to ear.
Kat huffed silently at the sight of the happy couple.

“Talk to me, Billy! You have some information for us?" Tommy said in his commander's voice, not leaving any doubt who was in charge here.

“I found little CJ because of his special origins. The bad news is he is at the moon palace of Lord Zedd and Rita." Billy pushed a few buttons but was stopped by a voice coming from the viewing globe, "Congratulations, rangers, and Superman."

Everybody looked around not shocked anymore to see Zedd’s face there.

“I still want to know how he gets in there!” Adam whispered towards Billy who nodded in agreement.

Tommy took a step forward leaving his place next to Kim, "What do you want this time, Zedd."

“I still want what I wanted before, Kal-el giving me the throne off New-Krypton!” Zedd laughed before he continued, “You may have saved your wives but I have something here that you want,” He showed baby CJ in the arms of Rita Repulsa, “Give me the throne and your power coins in change for your precious baby!”

“You will not get away with this, Zedd!” Zordon almost yelled. Zedd only laughed in response.

“We can’t let him get away with this. Isn’t there a way so that we can trap him?” Lois said trying to control her trembling voice. Her baby was important to her but so were her new friends, she couldn’t give the control in Zedd’s hands.

Kimberly knew how hard this was for Lois so she walked over and embraced her with every friendship she felt for Metropolis’ finest reporter. She tried not to cry herself. Her hormones making it very difficult for her.

“They will save him, Lois.” Kimberly smiled, “they always do.”

Lois just nodded in against Kim’s shoulder. She was going to cherish this new found friendship. She felt a deep friendship for all of them but her friendship with Kim was special.to her. She had been in Zedd’s prison together.

“Alright, ranger we are going to trap Zedd," Tommy announced full of confidence.

“Clark and I are going to the park and make a deal with Zedd and Rita under the pretense that we will give him what they want. Clark will use his Superspeed to take CJ from Rita. The young boy's origin makes it possible to survive such speed." Tommy said to the group.

“But how are you going to convince them?” Adam asked.

“Zordon you don’t have some copies of the coins?” Tommy asked his mentor.

“I knew this day would come and I made a metal version of the real one even Clark’s. that way we don’t endanger the real ones.” Zordon said while he made them appear in Tommy’s hands, “I left yours out of it, Tommy.”

Zedd chose that minute to appear again, “I am here to listen to your answer.”

Tommy sighed looked at the floor and back up, “We will give you what you want.”

“What about Kal-El?” Zedd asked.

“New-Krypton is yours.” Kal-el sighed.

“Meet us at the park but you have to bring the child with you," Tommy said with the voice of a leader.

“You are in no place to make orders White ranger." Zedd said with anger, "You will come to the palace alone and you will bring the coins and a letter from Kal-el that he will give me his planet."

Tommy sighed, “alright!”

“Good, I am expecting you, Tommy!” Zedd laughed before he flashed out of the globe again.

“Alright, Are you ready to save your son," Tommy asked. Clark nodded.

“Zordon, teleport us to the moon palace." Zordon nodded and without another word, he flashed Tommy and Clark near the throne room.

They landed just outside the throne room. The white ranger pointed at a place in the shadows. He could allow himself to become one with the shadows not too far from the door. Tommy was going to ask to see the child and when that happened Super ranger was going to woosh in and grab the child. Super ranger nodded, he needed to stay calm. They had only one chance to do this right.

Tommy sighed deeply and walked in the palace throne room.

“Ah, do you see what I see pumpkin, Tommy still knows the way to the palace." Zedd laughed

“Here are the coins Zedd,” Tommy opened the chest with the fake coins, “Now show me the child!”

“First the coins, white ranger!” Zedd yelled.

The ranger commander shook his head while he closed the chest again, “No, Zedd
I want to see the child first.”

“Rita show him that little bug," Zedd said towards his wife.

This was super rangers cue, he came up from out of the shadows in full speed and had taken CJ from Rita stood beside Tommy before both villains knew what was happening.

“Thank you for taking care of my son but I will take it from here." the super ranger said before he placed his hand on the white ranger's shoulder; The commander teleported them out before anyone could react.

only hearing Zedd yell, “I will get you for this power rangers!” and they could easily imagine Rita’s reaction, “I am having a headache!”

Super ranger was holding his son tightly against him. He just didn't know how he was going to react on the teleportation and to be honest he still couldn't believe that he had his son back. All thanks to his new found friends. Friends who understood the burden he was carrying. The burden of the world's safety that rested on your shoulders while keeping their identity a secret. He had people to talk to now who understood him. He could talk to Lois too but there were just things she couldn't understand completely.
The white ranger and super ranger landed in the center of the command center. Welcomed by a nervous Lois who embraced her son and her husband before Clark had even the change of demorphing himself.

“You did it, you saved my little son!” Lois cried when she held her son close to her.

“I want to thank all of you for saving my son and my wife," Clark said.

“We want to thank you for helping to find Kimberly," Tommy said while he laid his arm over his girlfriend's shoulder.

“I don't think I need this anymore." Clark said while giving his morpher to Tommy but Tommy refused to take it, "We want you to be our seventh ranger, someone we could reach in emergencies. We want you to be a part of this team. Will you do it?" Tommy asked while reaching out his hand.

Clark looked at Lois who nodded slightly.

Clark took Tommy’s hand, “As long as I am not busy as Superman I would love too.
There is something else you could do for us.”

“Come back with us to Metropolis for an interview as rangers to celebrate that you guys found me and Kimberly? We will keep your identities a secret of course.” Lois asked still holding her son.

Tommy watched Zordon who nodded in approval.

The next day would be one of the best selling days in the history of the Daily Planet. All thanks to the front page headline “Superheroes work together to find the missing gymnast Kimberly Ann Hart and the reporter Lois Lane.” With a picture of the power rangers side by side with Metropolis’ hero Superman.

Oh, and Kat was more than happy to return to Metropolis more frequently since she found a certain press photographer who was cute and single. They started dating days after the group of rangers had come to Metropolis again but this time as themselves. Kat and Jimmy found happiness with each other.

The end

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *