Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I finally was able to read the first story and then catch up on the beginning of this one! Nan, this is so great and creative!

I really loved this part:

She'd thought that she had learned a lot about her husband's problems two years before when she had been Ultra Woman for two days. That had been deceptive, she knew now. In the three months since the lightning bolt had struck Clark, she had learned a great deal more about the way Superman handled the ordinary things in his life than she'd had the opportunity to discover back then. It had only increased her respect for him.
... because those are the things that in the series I always loved and respected about him, but everyone kind of overlooks the "normal" aspects of his life in regards to his abilities. Even when Lois finds out his secret, they focused on the major feats mostly. And when she was Ultrawoman, she understood the saddest part of being him - the things he can't do. Okay, I'm rambling... basically I love this excerpt because she's realizing how much control he is constantly exercising all the time, and how he's done it for so long that he doesn't need to even think about it anymore. I love that she is thinking about it and finding this new layer of respect for him. smile

But just to be certain, she locked her bedroom door before climbing into bed.
Okay, why do I feel like Norma's locking herself in, instead of someone else out? Like, say, the Midnight Rapist?? eek

Great stuff, more soon smile smile

~NICOLE

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What Nichole said. I am also enjoying the little details of foreshadowing you are giving us with Norma: the hints that she has worked with Henderson extensively, and as a police officer she is trained in observing people beyond the superficial details of clothing and hairstyle. Will the disguise hold up? What kind of accident did the sound man suffer? Who was reading a newspaper in a car parked at a curb, and why? Knowing that these answers will be forthcoming in future chapters, we eagerly await more soon, please. Brava.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan, this is such a great series! Unfortunately, real life has been a pain in the you-know-where lately, so I've had to read "Supercop" in short bursts during the last several days over at the archive, and have just finished. I love love loved it — and all three chapters you've posted of Part II have been stellar!

This, in particular:
... surely, he had never been as young as the kids he was watching now, had he?
What a poignant insight; Henderson has always seemed perpetually stoic and responsible, and it's difficult to picture him as a teenager. This nails that sentiment in a simultaneously funny and sad manner.

Also, I have to echo Nicole's earlier comment about the first bit of text she quoted — lovely, just lovely. I couldn't say it better than she did.

And this cliff-hanger! Gah! What's going to happen to Norma?! Post your next chapter soon, please. smile1

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm echoing what everyone else has said here. It's so interesting and well done. I had to laugh a little at the picture of Lois typing away so fast. When I was a kid and read all those Silver Age Superman comic books, Clark would always surreptitiosly type away at superspeed when writing up his articles. And when Lois got superpowers - oh yes, she regularly did back then - she, too, would type away like that, smiling goofily at the wonder of being able to do it. Nan, you put a lovely image of a 1960s Lois Lane a-typing, drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, in my head! goofy

Of course, in those 1960s comic books, Lois invariably lost her superpowers soon after she had got them, because she was never able to handle them responsibly. Your Lois knows how to be Ultra Woman, while still remaining delightfully herself. I love it.

The part with Norma in it so very well-written and tense. There was this Hitchcock-like contrast between an idyllic suburb, complete with nice ladies walking their little dogs, and a nameless, lurking threat. Like Nicole said: Why do we get the impression that Norma is not locking an attacker out, but instead she may be locking herself in with him?

Please write more soon!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Good part! thumbsup

Ditto the others, btw wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was wondering about the duration of these powers. Glad to see you addressing that.

Norma is in trouble...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Uh, is there any chance that we'll be getting more of Supercop posted any time soon. grovel

Janine

Please? grovel

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm working on it slowly, but I haven't got enough to post yet. We're rushing around to finish preparing for the people to come and redo our kitchen, so I haven't had as much time to be creative as I usually do.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard