Chapter 6
-------------

The evening came quick, they would know any moment now how much time they would have to say a proper goodbye and to arrange the press meeting for Superman. Lois and Clark were arranging some things when the globe started to glow again. Clark took the glowing ball in his hands until the square window appeared again.

“Good evening Clark, Lois!" Said Zara.

“Good Evening Lady Zara, Ching," Clark responded

“The floating palace is on his way and will be on earth tomorrow evening. It will be landing at your parent's place in the field north of the farm. We thought that your parents would like to be there to say goodbye." Zara said smiling. That smile made Ching swallow, << Only a few days and will be second in her heart again.>> Ching thought with jealousy

“Okay, we will be ready. Can I let Perry borrow this globe? Will it work in his hands? It would be easy to keep him updated and maybe give him some articles for the paper.” Clark asked suddenly

“If you want him to be able to use is you both need to touch the globe and repeat the following words, Me, Kal-el of the house of el give the permission to glow in the hands of and then the name of your friend, but we have a similar system on the palace in the form of a bracelet. The bracelet needs the same spell as the globe. We have three bracelets on board." Zara explained they had expected him wanting to stay in contact with earth.

“Thank you," Clark said smiling.

“Do I need to pack all my clothes?” Lois asked curiously

Zara shook her head, “no Lois, we have clothing for the partner of the ruler.”

“Thank you, Zara we will see you in a few days.” Lois smiled. She knew she had only a few days as Clark’s wife. She would always be his wife on earth and she knew Clark loved her but she was going to have to share him again, she only hoped that it was to keep up appearances.

“Alright, we will see you soon, Lady Zara out.”

The square window disappeared once again. They now knew how much time they had left.

“I will call Perry for the press meeting tomorrow at noon and for them to be able to book a return flight back to Metropolis," Clark said while he took his cell phone out of his pocket.

“I am going to call my parents and my sister," Lois said with a sigh. This was becoming real now they were going to New-Krypton soon.

“Hello, Perry?" Clark asked when the beep sounds of a phone ringing stopped.

“Is there something wrong, Clark?” Perry asked worriedly. It wasn’t really like Clark to call him at home.

“It's about the press meeting, Superman will hold it tomorrow at noon. We will depart tomorrow night from Smallville. Can you arrange a flight back to Metropolis? We would like you and Jimmy to be there to say goodbye and to give you something to keep in contact with us while we are away." Clark hoped he could arrange that on such short notice.

“We will be there, Clark. Do I have to call Jimmy and tell him what you told me? That way we can plan the whole trip back home. I assume that Superman will provide us with the flight to Smallville?” Perry asked curiously

“That’s right, you only need a flight back to Metropolis. That is a good idea, you call Jimmy and spread the word about the press meeting. Clark won’t be coming to work tomorrow. I can’t give you the scoop I promised but I can give you this though, we will keep you up to date about what is going on there and we will write a version you can post exclusively in The Daily Planet!”  Clark said he normally always kept his promises, so he was bummed that he couldn’t keep this one.

“I will see you tomorrow, Clark!” was the only thing Perry said but Clark could clearly hear the sadness in his voice, the slight tremble he tried to hide away.

“How did your call to your parents go?” He asked when he saw Lois hang up her phone.

Lois wiped her tears away with the palm of her hand, “It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, especially my conversation with Lucy.”

Clark embraced his wife, “I am sorry that I have to make you go through all of this.”

“I rather go through this and go with you than stay behind not knowing when my husband will return from his trip to another planet. When I married you, I knew that this could happen, I knew I married the ruler of another planet!” Lois smiled trying to comfort the man who held her heart in his hands.

“I still feel guilty though that you need to leave everything behind because of who I am.” Clark sighed deeply.

“You don’t need to feel guilty, Clark. Needing to say goodbye to you would be much worse. I don’t want to go through that again.” Lois said while taking his head in her hands, “We will get through this together.”

Noon came faster than either one of them would have thought. The daily Planets newsroom was packed with all kinds of reporters all eager to know what Superman had to say. Lois was sitting on a chair behind Superman, who just had arrived.

“I want to thank everybody for coming to this press meeting," Superman said sternly

“Recently I got word that something has happened on the planet New-Krypton that needs my attention. Know that it is with regret that I have to say goodbye because as a supreme ruler I need to be there."

“How long will you be gone?” asked a reporter.

“I have no clue how long I will be gone but know that I will return.” answered Superman, “As proof of that I will take Lois and Clark with me. They are going to follow me and you will be able to read their adventures in the Daily Planet. I hope you know that earth is where my home is and that I will return no matter what!”

“Wouldn’t that be dangerous for them to go to another planet?” the reporter from the Daily Star asked a little worried.

“No, my people there have assured me that they can breathe on the planet."

“A question for Lois Lane, Do you look forward to this and where is Clark Kent?” another reporter wanted to know.

Lois walked beside Superman without looking at him. They didn’t want to give anything away. “I am really looking forward to seeing how everything works up there. Clark is making some last minute arrangements." Lois said cheerfully, "Now if you don't mind we still have some work to do," Lois said to end up the press meeting. They still had a lot to do until this evening.

“I just want to say this before I leave, know that I carry this planet with me in my heart and that I would do it otherwise if there was a possibility that I could do it here on earth. If will excuse me." Superman nodded and fly out of the window before he would lose control over his emotions.

This was the last straight line to go back to New-Krypton.  

comments

Last edited by LadyTpower; 06/12/19 12:42 PM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *