Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284714 06/09/19 03:15 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
And Chapter 14. At the beginning of the post I included a gentle WHAM (not death-related) warning and will include it here as well. (I thought it would be helpful if you really hate what I’ve done to Clark so far and are considering not reading any more) (Kudos to the ARC reader who realized my naivety and pointed out that I should probably say something - Thanks)
In this chapter, Clark reaches the lowest point in his pit of despair. He may seem like he’s reaching the end of his rope and exhibiting behaviors that someone might identify as warning signs of suicide. Rest assured, this WHAM warning is NOT for that. No such event will take place in this story. However, if you were or are now worried about Clark’s emotional well-being, recall that in Chapter 13, Lex revealed that he intentionally made it such that suicide was not something that Clark would consider. The end of this chapter signifies the bottom of Clark’s miserable tale. From here it goes up. I just wanted to give you a heads up that the end of the chapter is bit dark for him. frown Sorry Clark. If you have no interest in reading that, you could just tell yourself that Clark is miserable and stop reading after Lois goes to bed and pick up again with Chapter 15.
I must apologize for what I’ve done to Clark in this story. In case you didn’t see it in the original reply where I said it first, I felt so bad about what I’d done to Clark in this story that when I met Dean Cain at a comicon in March, I apologized to him. No spoilers here (because its already completely obvious), but I really put him through the ringer by taking away everything he had.

On another note, I edited some earlier remarks of mine to say what I was really trying to say at the time and also edited my response a few posts later so that it hopefully reads with the right tone. If not, I will try again. I also removed my gifs from another post in which I was trying to be honest about how stupid I felt by showing it, but I missed the mark there as well. I never intended to be dismissive or cutesy with my apologies. And I don’t want anyone to think this was some great thing to apologize both publicly and personally as I have. It was not difficult to apologize (to word it correctly, yes apparently) because I was so clearly in the wrong. I also apologize for not thinking of editing them as soon as my blunder was pointed out. Again, I’m so very sorry for offending and causing some to be uncomfortable.

Let's play some Goodreads.com here: If you've finished through Chapter 14, you are 46% done.

Last edited by JellyS2; 06/12/19 07:35 PM. Reason: Edited for content

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
poor Clark, don't give up

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
poor Clark, don't give up
Never! I may have made him miserable, but I didn't change everything about him. wink

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He gently squeezed her hand and could sense the faintest turmoil within her. It troubled him to know she was distressed and trying to hide it. In her condition, he knew it could be dangerous. It was imperative, for her safety and that of their unborn child, that something be done as quickly as possible. But he would first have to discuss it with Hightower to determine what would be the best course of action.

In the first part, Lex is thinking like a very happy prospective father and then towards the end his thoughts become totally disturbing.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
He gently squeezed her hand and could sense the faintest turmoil within her. It troubled him to know she was distressed and trying to hide it. In her condition, he knew it could be dangerous. It was imperative, for her safety and that of their unborn child, that something be done as quickly as possible. But he would first have to discuss it with Hightower to determine what would be the best course of action.

In the first part, Lex is thinking like a very happy prospective father and then towards the end his thoughts become totally disturbing.
Somewhere, in his very messed up, little, shriveled heart, Lex does care in a very bizarre and eerie way that is quickly turned into something deplorable by his actions... Its a great contradiction, isn't it. I had "fun" playing with his emotions. I may have even weirded him out by it all.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard