Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284689 06/09/19 01:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In case it wasn't clear, the song inspiration was "Strange Things Are Happening To Me" from the original Toy Story.

(I may be a *tad* excited for Toy Story 4 to come out and this popped into my head as I was getting ready for bed two nights ago.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] omg this was great! Thanks for letting me help, I was honored to be asked grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol that was great! Awkward and hilarious, my theme lately! So funny how long it runs on without Jonathan catching on ...

I will admit the first thing that popped into my head at your title was "strangers like me" from Tarzan but then that didn't add up... I started reading and suddenly heard the song in my head with the words in the story lol. Good job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
hehe I loved it :-)

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

Strange things are happening to a preteen Clark Kent.
Hmm…x-ray and heat vision usually kick in in his early teens so he can properly embarrass himself when he discovers girls. So, super strength and hearing?

“Dad!” cried a twelve-year-old Clark Kent as he raced across the dusty front yard of his family’s farmhouse.
Ah, okay, really almost teen. Okay, then. X-ray and heat vision are back on. or off. Well, on. I mean, off. Come on, Clark decide which way you want to go.

“Phew,” Jonathan said as he squinted up at the hazy sky. “Hot today. Not as bad as yesterday though.”
I suddenly get the picture of Young Sheldon from the show’s opening credits.

“I wanted to talk to you about something. Something…important. Do you have a minute?”
Body’s changing, huh?

Clark felt confused but proud too. No longer would he be considered a “mere” kid. No, he would be a man! He would make his mark on the world!
Yes, now he could rule over these Earthlings as their supreme being.

“Your body will grow and your shape will change. You’ll develop…urges,”

“Urges? You mean, in response to how my body is changing?”
Yes, or the other way around.

“Well, it’s just…how am I supposed to know what I can do, if I don’t cave to the urges?” Clark blurted out before covering his mouth with his hands. Even his ears were burning from his blush now.
Well, that’s what Spin the Bottle and Seven Minutes in Heaven are for at mixed birthday parties peep

It was Jonathan’s turn to go bright red again. “Just…keep it private,” he finally said after what felt like, to Clark, the longest pause in the history of the world.
Yes, he shouldn’t give in to these urges in the middle of the town square. That’s what behind the Dairy Freeze is for.

“Dad, I’m not an exhibitionist,” Clark retorted, horrified at the thought of doing such things before an audience. “I know better than to do that in public.”
rotflol Well, that’s one career option down the drain.

His father merely nodded. “Good,” he told Clark. “And one other thing. These urges…you’re too young now to act on them with anyone else, but when you do, be safe, okay?”
*sputters* Also, yes, always be safe when he acts on them with Lois.

Jonathan nodded again. “True. But that doesn’t mean others can’t be. Things can happen that you don’t anticipate. Things that can ruin your whole future. You’re too young to make those mistakes, Clark. Too young and too smart to throw away your future.” He tapped his own head to emphasize his point.
Yes, a 16-y/o Clark getting a 15-y/o Lois pregnant (and possibly dead considering their consummation, although would their hormone fueled passion be considered a consummation of their love?) would make for quite the already written story.

“Unless…I guess if my wife were to be okay with it, I guess I could see sharing this with her.”
rotflol
LOIS: Whatcha doin’?
CLARK: Uh, watching a video. On the computer. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along.

But, honestly, I only just started to life the truck a couple of days ago. But it’s already so much easier than it was when I first started.
Well, of course. There’s a ton of sun out these days, so no wonder he’s getting stronger by the day.

Clark shrugged. “Yeah, Dad. Why, what were you talking about?”
[Linked Image] Better not give him any ideas.

Well, that was quite entertaining clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh that was great! I spent the story trying to figure out which superpower Clark was talking about while his dad talked about something else.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol notworthy Vicki you did a great job here pulling everyone's chain making Jonathan think he was having a talk about the birds and the bees with young Clark Kent only to have it morph into THAT talk.

Great job. Love the artful way you pull the reader in and insert them into the story so they're craving a cold glass of lemonade and feeling that sweltering heat on their brow as they read your fic. Thanks for that by the way. Luckily I still had SOME lemonade in the house.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is just beautiful! XD Been too long since I saw Toy Story though; was scratching my head over the song all throughout. Still, great fic and poor Jonathan. *g*

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Jonathan! Your son is now bench lifting trucks and tractors. Strange things indeed.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
That was wonderfully funny. Poor Jonathan, embarrassed twice. Once with the subject he thought Clark was talking about, and then when he discovered what really was on his son's mind.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] omg this was great! Thanks for letting me help, I was honored to be asked grin

Aww, thanks, E! You rock, looking it over for me so quickly!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
rotflol that was great! Awkward and hilarious, my theme lately! So funny how long it runs on without Jonathan catching on ...

I will admit the first thing that popped into my head at your title was "strangers like me" from Tarzan but then that didn't add up... I started reading and suddenly heard the song in my head with the words in the story lol. Good job!

Hi Mouse! Glad you enjoyed the fic! I was giggling and smiling to myself like a lunatic the whole time I was working on it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
hehe I loved it :-)

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael! wave

Hmm…x-ray and heat vision usually kick in in his early teens so he can properly embarrass himself when he discovers girls. So, super strength and hearing?

Clark: Dad, I heard you and mom last night. It sounded like she was enjoying some pain? I'm confused.

Body’s changing, huh?

Clark: *looks down at self* Did I turn into a pod person *again?!*

Yes, now he could rule over these Earthlings as their supreme being.

Batman: I'll get the special green vitamins for him.

Well, that’s what Spin the Bottle and Seven Minutes in Heaven are for at mixed birthday parties

Clark: (poor native Clark) Seven Minutes in...But I don't *want* to die!

Yes, he shouldn’t give in to these urges in the middle of the town square. That’s what behind the Dairy Freeze is for.

Clark: Why would I want to lift that smelly dumpster though?

Rachel: *face palm*

LOIS: Whatcha doin’?
CLARK: Uh, watching a video. On the computer. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along.

Lois: *smacks Clark upside the head* I'm neither weak minded nor a Storm Trooper now move over and show me!

Well, of course. There’s a ton of sun out these days, so no wonder he’s getting stronger by the day.

Precisely. evil

Thanks for stopping in! Glad you enjoyed the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by JellyS2
Oh that was great! I spent the story trying to figure out which superpower Clark was talking about while his dad talked about something else.

Haha glad I could provide some mystery! Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
rotflol notworthy Vicki you did a great job here pulling everyone's chain making Jonathan think he was having a talk about the birds and the bees with young Clark Kent only to have it morph into THAT talk.

Great job. Love the artful way you pull the reader in and insert them into the story so they're craving a cold glass of lemonade and feeling that sweltering heat on their brow as they read your fic. Thanks for that by the way. Luckily I still had SOME lemonade in the house.

Thanks Val! smile I had fun with the imagery but pulling off the "Clark means his powers, Jonathan means puberty" thing was an absolute blast for me! Thanks for reading. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
This is just beautiful! XD Been too long since I saw Toy Story though; was scratching my head over the song all throughout. Still, great fic and poor Jonathan. *g*

Thanks, Queenie! I wasn't entirely sure the song would be obvious, especially with it not being one of the catchier, pure Disney ones (it's no Let It Go or Hakuna Matata, that's for sure). Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Poor Jonathan! Your son is now bench lifting trucks and tractors. Strange things indeed.

And that's just the start! Jonathan's going to be a LOT more careful with his questioning as Clark comes to him with his other abilities. goofy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
That was wonderfully funny. Poor Jonathan, embarrassed twice. Once with the subject he thought Clark was talking about, and then when he discovered what really was on his son's mind.

Haha, yes! Jonathan will be certain to be 100% clear on any future topics Clark might want to bring up to him. Glad you found it funny! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard