Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284529 05/22/19 12:27 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 6. The second of five chapters in Part 2, we're getting into the thick of things. Unfortunately, this chapter might pose as many questions as it answers for you. Have no fear, though, it's only a matter of time. And maybe you all are right - my Lex does seem to be quite evil as I re-read this chapter. I've run out of graphs to make, but in a few chapters I'll have some lovely calculations and diagrams to show you wink .

Enjoy! And keep that feedback coming smile ! It's been wonderful to read and respond to!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 help shock sloppy devilsplat wallbash peep thud splat evil eek

Wow. (I hope I didn't overdo the emoticons.)

You're right, your Lex is evil! I'm waiting for him to change the memories of his co-conspirators and somehow goof it up with some of them. Scott has to escape or recover his true memories somehow. And does this plot have anything to do with his sister's death? Or is she really alive and her fake death part of the "new reality" everyone is supposed to experience?

You're hinting that Samantha gets involved with Hightower somehow and maybe that's the cause of her death (or her being overwritten in the "new reality"). Or, maybe she really does die, and that's the catalyst to bring Scott out of his memory fog. And we still don't know about Clark's recovered memories or what happens to Lana (wife, ex-wife, girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, pregnant with Clark's child). I find it hard to credit that she'd sleep next to Clark for that long and not get up close and personal with him at least once - probably more often. After all, Clark's a hunk o' beefcake, isn't he?

Since Lois has her memories back, how will she escape Luthor's clutches? Does Luthor have altered memories also, or is his mind still - I was going to write "pristine" but that's hardly an appropriate term for him. Unaltered? Yeah, that works. Could he hold up in these interactions if he didn't have altered memories? Did he get the new memories without the mindwipe? If so, how long will he stay sane with two distinct memory patterns battling for dominance in his brain?

I suggest that for your next graph, you build one with Luthor's relative evilness in various stories. I'd bet this one would score the highest.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
smile1 help shock sloppy devilsplat wallbash peep thud splat evil eek

Wow. (I hope I didn't overdo the emoticons.)
Not at all smile

Boy, your imagination sure is running wild with what I've given you so far. I most definitely left things (intentionally) up in the air when I switched gears for Part 2. I love the glimpse into what your thinking. I can see why your muse is tickled. Oh, the possibilities!

I suggest that for your next graph, you build one with Luthor's relative evilness in various stories. I'd bet this one would score the highest.
Now that would be interesting. :gears turning: I'd have to determine what categories of evilness to rank Lex on, e.g., number of murders ordered, number of murders inflicted by self, reach of dastardly plan, cost, the list could go on. Then I'd have to come up with an algorithm to combine the rankings into some sort of meaningful overall score... Why isn't there an emoji with eyes growing wide in excitement?

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I really like this story so far. I'm curious where you will take this. Looking forward to the next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by bakasi
I really like this story so far. I'm curious where you will take this. Looking forward to the next part.

I'm so glad you like it! I enjoyed writing it and am glad to share it with others smile

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I agree with Bakasi, I am curious where this story is going to. hoping they will not succeed. Keep on writing stories girl

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
hoping they will not succeed.
How do you define "succeed"?? wink

And I will definitely keep writing! Thanks, LadyT

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh boy. This is seriously scary the complexity of the evil plot Luthor has concocted. And I suspect more is to come. shock

Well done! clap
On to chapter 7!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh boy. This is seriously scary the complexity of the evil plot Luthor has concocted. And I suspect more is to come. shock
Well, you know, Lex had to cover all his bases. Truth be told, as I wrote it just kept getting more and more complex. Can you believe that when I started writing I thought I would struggle to get to 50,000 words? dizzy I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Well done! clap
On to chapter 7!
Thank you for reading! Enjoy the next bit!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Yes, thank you, Flo. I look forward to hearing about your progress on disabling furnaces.” He smiled at her as she quickly picked up her things and all but ran from the room. Lex finally relaxed in the chair, feeling very satisfied with the progression of that meeting, and made a second note to ensure that Lowell accompanied Flo next time.

First a scientist who love Nat King Cole, than a jack-of-all-trades 'assistant' now this very strange former member of Bureau 39. Where does-and more important-how does Carl find these people? They certainly are not listed in the yellow pages!

“Hello, Justice,” Samantha greeted, shaking Jay’s hand and meeting his gaze head on. “You can call me Sam.” Scott lifted his eyebrows at the strange look in her eyes and that confident voice he wasn’t expecting.

I have a bad feeling about this...

“Thank you, gentlemen. Our meeting is now over.” Lex stood up to leave and took a deep breath, filling his lungs with a sense of accomplishment. The clock was ticking. It was only a matter of time before he would have the life that he was meant to have.

This time Lex is going to get what he wants? shock It is great that you have posted two more parts!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
First a scientist who love Nat King Cole, than a jack-of-all-trades 'assistant' now this very strange former member of Bureau 39. Where does-and more important-how does Carl find these people? They certainly are not listed in the yellow pages!
Right you are! Lets just say Carl knows people wink.

I have a bad feeling about this...
That's what Ina said!

This time Lex is going to get what he wants? shock
Well, I'd say we'll just have to wait and see, but I suppose I spilled the beans on that one by starting with Lois and Lex celebrating an anniversary... The question of how still remains though wink.

It is great that you have posted two more parts!
I'm relieved to hear it! I fretted over it because that's what I do. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard