AN/ LadyTpower is back to continue her WIP’s thank you for your patience. Time for the next chapter. Like you noticed I have changed the name of the story in The Return of Kal-El! (Formally known as husband vs partner)
enjoy the story
LadyTpower.

CHAPTER 4
-----------------

Lois and Clark were just home from their work at The Daily Planet. Lois was setting the table while Clark was making their dinner when the globe started glowing. They had brought the globe in their new home on Hyper avenue. Lady Zara and Ching had attuned to the globe, using it for urgent messages.

“Clark, come quick, the globe it’s glowing!” yelled Lois, she didn’t know how the globe would react to her touch so they had agreed that only Clark would touch it. Clark came running out of the kitchen and walked towards the little chest that was holding the globe. He opened the chest and took the globe in his hand, confused on why after a year they needed them the last time they spoke the nobility’s agreed to bury the hatchet.

The globe started to float a few inches from his hands while opening a square window showing Lady Zara and Ching.
“My lord,...” Ching said with an edge in his voice, but bowing his head out of respect “we have a visitor from the planet Zicitir and he has a message for you.”

Lois stood against Clark’s side, her arms embraced around his waist, almost like claiming Clark as hers, she wasn’t normally so possessive over him but every time her mind went to the woman ruling New-Krypton made her claim her territory. Lady Zara looked with sad eyes at the display of love between her husband and his earthly wife. Ching swallowed his anger when she noticed the look in her eyes.
“What is the message?” Clark asked with the voice he used as a supreme leader or being Superman.
“I don’t know, my Lord. He refused to give it to me or to Lady Zara. This message needed to give to you personally, in other words, your return to New-Krypton is required.” Ching said trying to control his anger about the possible return of the supreme leader and Lady Zara’s husband.
“Can I see the guest?” Clark asked sternly hoping that he could avoid returning to his planet.
“I will send someone for him, my lord.” Ching knew he had the privilege to call his ruler with his name but old habits die hard and he didn’t feel like using his name. Clark didn’t respond to it, he already said once that he could call him Clark or Kal-El but it would be his decision to do so.
Ching turned around, “Ocra send someone to fetch our guest so that he can talk to the supreme leader.”
Ocra a beautiful blonde woman bowed her head, “Yes, master Ching.”
Ching sighed at that nobody called him their lord out of respect for the real ruler of their planet. They didn’t need to wait long though. An older man came into view.
“I am lord Kal-El supreme ruler of New-Krypton, I heard that you got a message for me?” Clark said while he stood at full length his arms behind his back, Lois now standing a few inches behind him.
“With all due respect, lord Kal-El I need to give you the letter in person. I gave them my promise.” The old man said not daring to look at Clark.
“Can you tell me who has sent the message?” Clark asked sternly
“I will tell you everything in person, lord Kal-El!” The old man wouldn’t budge.
“Can you at least tell me your name?” Clark asked, Lois was quiet this whole time, he was so proud of his wife, he knew how difficult this was for Lois. He and Lois had discussed how New-Kryptonians saw their partners and how that those partners needed to behave, especially the nobility. For Clark, it depended on who they were talking too. When it was only his New-Kryptonian wife and her partner he didn’t really care that she was himself but to all the rest he just needed to respect their rules, these were old traditions and to change old tradition laws like that he needed the agreement from the council of elders and he knew that they wouldn’t approve.

“My name is Acra-Zil, Lord Kal-El.” Acra bowed his head to show his respect.

“Alright Acra-Zil, you can go now, I need to talk to Lady Zara and her partner,” Clark said with authority in his voice.
“Yes, My Lord.” The old man said before following Ocra again to his guest room.
“Lady Zara I don’t want to leave Lois behind not know that we are married. How can we solve this problem?” Clark said with a deep sighed.
“I am sorry Clark but I am not going to let you leave again,” Lois said with an edge in her voice it was clear that there was no room for negotiation.
“Don’t worry, Clark, we have thought about that, we knew there would come a time that you would be needed here and that you wouldn’t leave Lois behind so we have developed a pill that helps her breath on our planet, she just needs to take one pill every day and she will be just fine.”
Clark sighed and looked at Lois, the question if she was going to come with him readable in his eyes. Lois and Clark had a way of knowing what the other was thinking. Something that had saved them lots of times during undercover operations.
Lois sighed deeply she knew that her husband was needed there and she didn’t want to stay behind she had one last question though, “This pill you are talking about, have you tested it or am I the guinea pig?”
Lady Zara smiled, "It isn't tested yet on a human being but our smartest citizen has invented it and he hasn't failed."
Lois huffed, “yet, I don’t want to risk my life on your planet! Is there another solution if something goes wrong?”
Lady Zara knew she was dealing with the reporter in Lois, "Yes we have a special suit to wear outside inside the palace you are safe to breathe."
“I guess we shall need to talk to perry than and tell him everything." Lois smiled while looking at her husband, enjoying the moments that she could call him that because there he was married to Lady Zara.
“Send a ship, Lady Zara but give us a few days to make some arrangements," Clark said in his Superman's voice.
“We will announce your return to the people, Lord Kal-El! We will make contact tomorrow evening earth time to make the travel arrangements. Lady Zara out!"
The square window disappears and the globe stopped glowing, landing back in Clark's hands. They had a lot to talk about and to arrange before they could leave, one of them is thinking about an excuse for Clark's and Lois' disappearance together with Superman.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *