Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284384 05/08/19 12:38 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
The first four chapters of the story make up Part 1.

The second chapter. grin What are you thinking? What do you expect? What questions come up?

Lay on the feedback, good or bad smile

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well. Dang.

It appears that your Lex isn't the megalomaniac we knew and hated from the L&C series. And whatever it was that made Clark leave the Planet so quickly is probably tied in with the Lois-freezing thing that Lex dizzy (are you freaking KIDDING ME?!) came up with to foil Superman's blackmailers. He's coming across to me as sincere in his stated love for Lois. Unless, of course, he's the best actor since any of the Barrymores (Drew included).

And Clark? Was he married to Lana or just living with her? You very cagily haven't clarified that yet. Is he still doing the Superman thing, just away from Metropolis? Why was he talking in his sleep about Lois, and why just in the past few weeks? Is Lana out of Clark's life for good? What did Lex do after Lois was almost frozen? Did he actively participate in the takedown of the bad guys who were threatening Superman? You very cagily didn't share that with us either. grumble

Was it Nigel St. John and Jace Mazik who were blackmailing Clark? If so, was Nigel Lex' employee or former employee? Or was it someone else who put the squeeze on him? And where are they now? sad You have an intriguing habit of not filling in all the blanks and letting your readers' imaginations run rampant. Good work!

This is the kind of tale that reaches out and pulls you in as it encourages you to keep reading. And that's what I plan to do - keep reading. I wonder if the toys will get a new coat of polish and be returned to the toy box intact by the end. I don't know how you'd do that, given the current circumstances, but I don't doubt that you could if the muse(s) led you in that direction. Who knows? Lex might turn out to be a hero in his own right and validate Lois' love for him and commitment to him.

An excellent tale, and that well told. Keep feeding us these juicy morsels, please.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Terry,
Your feedback made my day. grin

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Well. Dang.

It appears that your Lex isn't the megalomaniac we knew and hated from the L&C series.
huh

And whatever it was that made Clark leave the Planet so quickly is probably tied in with the Lois-freezing thing that Lex dizzy (are you freaking KIDDING ME?!) came up with to foil Superman's blackmailers.
I know, right!? This was one of the scenes I wasn't aware of when I first started writing and became one of the hardest ones to write.

He's coming across to me as sincere in his stated love for Lois. Unless, of course, he's the best actor since any of the Barrymores (Drew included).
I'm going to take the fact that you can't tell as a compliment grin

And Clark? Was he married to Lana or just living with her? You very cagily haven't clarified that yet. Is he still doing the Superman thing, just away from Metropolis? Why was he talking in his sleep about Lois, and why just in the past few weeks? Is Lana out of Clark's life for good? What did Lex do after Lois was almost frozen? Did he actively participate in the takedown of the bad guys who were threatening Superman? You very cagily didn't share that with us either. grumble

Was it Nigel St. John and Jace Mazik who were blackmailing Clark? If so, was Nigel Lex' employee or former employee? Or was it someone else who put the squeeze on him? And where are they now? sad You have an intriguing habit of not filling in all the blanks and letting your readers' imaginations run rampant. Good work!
*sighs in relief* This is exactly what I was hoping would run through your head smile

This is the kind of tale that reaches out and pulls you in as it encourages you to keep reading. And that's what I plan to do - keep reading. I wonder if the toys will get a new coat of polish and be returned to the toy box intact by the end. I don't know how you'd do that, given the current circumstances, but I don't doubt that you could if the muse(s) led you in that direction. Who knows? Lex might turn out to be a hero in his own right and validate Lois' love for him and commitment to him.

An excellent tale, and that well told. Keep feeding us these juicy morsels, please.
I promise to keep it coming until its done. smile Sunday brings the next chapter. Thank you so much for your kind words!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois’s breath caught, surprised when Lex suddenly began spinning her away from him. She recognized the strains of a familiar waltz encompassing them as he spun her back into his arms. Unchained Melody. It was the same song they first danced to at their wedding. The small orchestra had begun playing during their short speech, but she was so caught up in her emotions that she didn’t register it until now. She smiled as she came back to him.

Oh, good grief! Unchained Melody was the song my husband and I danced to at our wedding. Talk about life imitating art! Still it is a truly beautiful piece of music and it shows Lois and Lex have excellent taste. Still it is unnerving that they are celebrating their second anniversary. Either this is an alternative universe or memories have been turned upside down.

“Okay,” he said with a smile as he lowered his head. He paused for a moment, composing himself before speaking. ‘Sometimes… you think you’re immortal.” He watched his feet as they walked. “You start to think that the people around you are, too. And it just takes a second to realize how … wrong you are… about everything.”

Wait a minute! Even in an alternative universe I cannot see Lex Luthor saying these lines!

Lex looked enraged. “How dare you!” he spat at Superman. “You are supposed to stand for truth and justice. That you would even consider this is despicable.”

Superman dropped his head into his hands. “I know! I know! I just couldn’t see another way,” he sobbed.

Lex seemed to feel some sense of relief at Superman’s remorse.

“Please, Luthor. Help me! I don’t know what to do,” Superman begged as he reached toward Lex with his right hand. “Surely you can help me.”

shock thud
Since when does Superman plead with Lex Luthor to help him?

She gave a nod, considering that worried look. Lex acted the possessive husband and Lois enjoyed feeling protected and wanted, but he wouldn’t be offended by her dancing with Scott. Lex and Scott had a history together. He was certainly not a stranger. Why then did Scott have that questioning look on his face?

... and the plots thickens! It looks like Scott is going to be featured in this amazing story. This is one of the most deliciously different and twisty stories I have ever read! Lex as a true hero? Bursting into Lois' apartment to save her from Superman? Something is definitely not right in Metropolis. Worst of all, we have to wait for Sunday to get the next installment? Please tell me future parts are not as short as this one? As soon as I sink my teeth into the part it ends! Urgh!

Again, how does Lana fit into all of this?

Is Dr. Deter lurking somewhere in the background?

Awaiting the answers!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
Unchained Melody was the song my husband and I danced to at our wedding. Talk about life imitating art! Still it is a truly beautiful piece of music and it shows Lois and Lex have excellent taste. Still it is unnerving that they are celebrating their second anniversary. Either this is an alternative universe or memories have been turned upside down.
I went back and forth on what song this would be.

“Okay,” he said with a smile as he lowered his head. He paused for a moment, composing himself before speaking. ‘Sometimes… you think you’re immortal.” He watched his feet as they walked. “You start to think that the people around you are, too. And it just takes a second to realize how … wrong you are… about everything.”

Wait a minute! Even in an alternative universe I cannot see Lex Luthor saying these lines!
Like I said in reply to Terry, this was one of the hardest parts of this whole story to write. I have vivid memories of the anguish I felt putting Lex in this position. It hurt. But it was necessary for the story, so I wrote it anyway. It will make sense later. wink

shock thud
Since when does Superman plead with Lex Luthor to help him?
Now, apparently. Surely I'm not the only person to write something like this? smirk

... and the plots thickens! It looks like Scott is going to be featured in this amazing story.
Meet my first original character ever. grin

This is one of the most deliciously different and twisty stories I have ever read!
blush My head is growing. When I had this dream some 20 years ago, I woke up and thought about it for a few days. I eventually wrote it down so I would never forget it (not that it was necessary). When I met the NaNoWriMo challenge, I knew it was the story I wanted to tell and when I realized who needed to play the parts, it transformed into something even more amazing. I hope the rest of the story doesn't disappoint!

Lex as a true hero? Bursting into Lois' apartment to save her from Superman? Something is definitely not right in Metropolis. Worst of all, we have to wait for Sunday to get the next installment? Please tell me future parts are not as short as this one? As soon as I sink my teeth into the part it ends! Urgh!

Again, how does Lana fit into all of this?

Is Dr. Deter lurking somewhere in the background?

Awaiting the answers!
Obviously I can't answer your questions about the story, but I promise they'll all eventually be answered smile. About the length of the posts: My nerdiness pushed me to make an Excel spreadsheet of the statistics of my story (which I'm happy to share if you are just dying to know wink charts, graphs, the whole nine yards (If I knew how to include an image, I'd show you the graph of chapter length vs chapter. Its fascinating!)). I could literally write for hours on this, so I'll just stop here and leave you with this: these first two chapter lengths are about average but the next three chapters are longer. Later chapters get pretty short and I might post some of them together.

If it helps, I'm as antsy to post more as you seem to be to read more. smile

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I love this charming Lex I am curious how this will go next. Another good chapter thanks for writing this. You almost got me to think Lois could be a good couple with Lex, almost ;-)

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard