Next Thread
Print Thread
#127894 08/31/03 11:09 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
About a week ago, I thought of a story. I wrote it down, and then thought I couldn’t post something so incomplete. I had a lot of ideas of how to continue it, but I didn’t want to write any of them.
So, yesterday, I had an idea about what to do with it:
I’m challenging you to re-write it.

RULES:

YOU CAN add scenes before, after, or in between the story.
YOU CAN re-describe the situations in your own words.
YOU CAN define anything undefined, i.e. the timeframe of the story.
YOU CAN’T change the facts: Words spoken, feelings felt, situations happened must remain the same.
YOU MAY write a story as long as you want to.

If your story is short, you can post it here as a reply. If it’s long, you can post it as another topic, and if it’s very long, you can post it in parts.

Comments and feedback on the stories posted in this thread go here too.

If you have any other questions post them here.

I hope you enjoy this challenge.
AnnaBtG.

----------

It was early in the afternoon. Lex Luthor was sitting in his office, his legs on the desk, smoking a Havana cigar.

The door opened. Nigel St. John walked in.

“Everything’s ready?” Luthor asked, puffing the smoke of his cigar.

“Yes, sir,” Nigel replied.

“Great,” Luthor commented, with a sardonic grin. “The job will be done by tonight. Superman won’t be a problem anymore.”

-----

Clark arrived at his apartment, pretty tired. Since Lois had gone in New York to visit her sick aunt, two days ago, he had been much busier than usual.

Entering his apartment, he stepped on a white envelope. Curious, he picked it up. Nothing was written on it. He opened it and found a letter in.

The letter read in a simple and neat handwriting:

‘I know you are Superman, Clark Kent. Your little game is over.
I possess a piece of Kryptonite, enough to kill you. Unless you meet me tonight at eleven, in the corner of White and Moses Street, you will not stay alive for much longer.
Regards,
L.L.’

<Oh, no, Luthor!> Clark thought, terrified. <Now what?>

He read the letter again. It was simple. He had to go there, tonight at eleven. He was probably going to ask him something, blackmailing him to go public with his secret if he denied doing it.

But… what would come next? What if he asked him to kill someone? Would he do it?

He stared at the letter. <I’ll see what I’m going to do next. First of all, I have to see what he wants.>

-----

Clark, dressed in the Suit, went to the meeting point at 10:59. The street was dark and deserted.

Three minutes later, a shadow appeared. Clark expected to see Luthor, but…

“Lois? What are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be in New York?”

“I never went to New York,” Lois said in an evil tone.

Clark stared at her, surprised. What was she doing there? And why was she talking like this?

He saw her slowly open her purse and take a box from it. And then, he realized what was going on.

<L.L.. Lois Lane.>

She opened the box. The green glow of the Kryptonite lighted her face. Clark fell on his knees, groaning in pain.

“Lois… why?” he managed to ask.

“Because they asked me to,” Lois replied, grinning cruelly.

Clark’s head was spinning, but he made a last effort to understand what was going on.

And he finally understood.

But it was already too late.

----------

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*gasp* This is perfect! I was sifting through this forum looking for a plot to match the scene in my head (which is incredibly atypical for Lois and Clark, so I wasn't finding much). All I had was a setting but no action. My busy brain will fill in the rest of the details. *squeal*

Don't wait up at night. It will take me months.

Thanks!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard