Chapter 3

A year went by and Lady Zara ruled wise over New-Krypton. The houses of nobility who used to live in a war with each other lived now in peace and had learned that working with each other was better for business. That way they had more Kryptos, the New-Krypton currency, to spend what showed to be better for the common people with little businesses. The people without little businesses usually worked for the nobility. The best workers were given the chance to work for the palace. Ching now commander over the New-Kryptonian army, just beneath supreme ruler Kal-el and his wife, Ching's partner, Lady Zara, had found his place at Lady Zara's side. He felt that his bound with his partner had grown very strong over the year after the ceremony. Lady Zara had accepted the fact that Ching didn't know what earth love was and she wouldn't get it. As long as her husband stayed on earth she wouldn't need to face what she missed in her relationship with Ching.

Ching and Lady Zara jumped out of their chairs when the sound of a large crash startled them. Ching made his way towards the window overlooking the royal garden as quick as he could and what he saw shocked him. There in the middle of the garden was a pile of steel something that used to be a small ship, one to carry only one person. The guards had seized who even was flying the piece of the clearly old little ship. The guards were leading a gray-haired man away, he was clearly an old man. Ching turned towards his partner Zara, who stood behind him and had seen the same thing.

“Do you know him, Zara?”

Lady Zara shook her head, "no, I don't know him. I don't know if is even Kryptonian!" Ching wanted to respond but a loud beep sound stopped him. Lady Zara walked towards her desk and pushed a small blue button. A squared hologram appeared and showed the head of the royal guards, Ricor, a brown-haired man with a broad chest and a scar above his left eyebrow. A wound he had gained in a battle back on Krypton. He had tried to save Jor-el but his enemy's army was too strong, he almost lost his life.

FLASHBACK

Ricor had been Jor-el's personal guard for years. His orders were simple to protect the lord and his wife wherever he goes. He was good in his job, his fellow guards respected him. Until that fateful day almost thirty years ago. The war between Krypton and Thoria had reached its limits now, the Kryptonian army was almost defeated, Jor-el had brought half off his people already to safety at a neighboring planet until then called M53, what soon would be New-Krypton, Ricor was ready to bring his lord to safety, who had refused until now, his place was here as the captain of the spaceship, he would stay there until the end, when Jor-el had one more request before he would go.

"Ricor, you have always been loyal to me, please I trust you now with my most precious treasure, my son, Kal-el. Bring this ship to the darkest place in our garden, that way he won't be seen until he is on his way to safety. Place this globe in the ship with him, it will lead the ship towards a planet called earth where he will be safe until the war is over. Thrax is going to look for him on M53, that is why I am not sending him there. He will be returning the moment he will be ready to marry Zara." Jor-el ordered his guard before walking back to Lara who had decided to stay with her husband. Lara her eyes were red puffed from crying, Kal-el was only 3 months old and she already needed to say goodbye to him.

“But sir, what about you?” Ricor asked in confusion, “Thrax is men can arrive here any moment now!”

“Don't worry about me, Ricor. Take Raha with you and make sure that my son is safe and on his way to earth." Jor-el tried to keep his fears and his pain out of his voice while he spoke to his loyal defender.
"That's an order, Ricor-ino!" Jor-el said stern, leaving no space for discussion. Jor-el almost never used Ricor's full birth name. The moments that he did, Ricor knew that he better did what he was told or risk losing his job and the respect of his lord. He knew that he had a dream job for most guardsmen. Jor-el was an amazing supreme ruler and an even more amazing lord to work for. Ricor and Raha did what they were told and left the supreme leader in the good hands of two of his most trusted guards Ular and Estit. They took the spaceship to the utmost and darkest corner of the royal garden. They filled the ship with the protective stone, Chuhun, a green rock, later known as Kryptonite. What they didn't know though was that the yellow sun of the earth would give the stone a glow, the glow that turned the stone into poison to every member of the Kryptonian race.

Ricor was almost back at the palace when he saw one of Thrax man leading away Jor-el and Lara. Ricor ran towards them, he almost had them when a dagger flew right at him, he tried to dodge the dagger but without complete success. The dagger had been aimed at his neck but by ducking down it had hit the flesh just above his left eye. He was about to continue the chase when the light went out, later would become clear that the dagger had been poisoned. Raha who had waited behind a wall, Raha didn't have the same level of courage as his friend Ricor had, took Ricor on his shoulder and left to the secret ship he had been making all these years. Raha placed Ricor on the floor of his ship, there was only one chair, the one for the pilot, Raha was about to make some extra seats the moment the war escalated a few weeks ago. He never found the time to continue his work. The ship took off, they would be the last one leaving Krypton.

Ricor healed physically on New-Krypton in a matter of months but mentally it took him years to forgive himself the fact that he had failed to protect his leader. The council of elders was now ruling New-Krypton until Kal-el would be old enough to come back and take his place as the rightful supreme ruler of New-Krypton with Lady Zara by his side as his wife. Ricor got his place back in the army and was now working just underneath Lady Zara and her partner Ching until Kal-el would return as his lord and master. Nobody had blamed Ricor for what happened but he vowed that he would never make the same mistake twice the moment Kal-el landed back on the planet. Ulur and Estit were found dead at the scene, they got a memorial on New-Krypton and were now respected as hero's they had died trying to safe Jor-el and Lara.
Ricor still had the respect of everyone, when they found out that it was him and Raha that had brought their next supreme ruler, Kal-el, to safety.

END OF FLASHBACK.

"My Lady, this man is from the planet Ziciter he says he has a message for the ruler of this planet," Ricor said with a nod of his head.

“Show him!” Lady Zara said stern in her best ruler voice. The man in front of her looked human like them but with the difference that he had three eyes. The man was obviously weak from his trip. The Ziciterian shook his head while pointing towards the frame of Zara, He pointed towards a paper scroll with the on the first line the name Lord Kal-el.
"I am sorry, my lady, this is a message for your husband, Kal-el," Ricor said not knowing what to do.

“My husband is not here right now but he gave me the needed authority to rule in his place.” Lady Zara said a little softer towards the stranger.

The man shook his head again, “I am sorry, my lady, but I promised to give this letter to Kal-el and only to Kal-el! It has something to do with his parents, that is the only thing I can say.”

Lady Zara sighed, this man wasn't going to give more information she couldn't do anything else than contact Kal-el and Lois and say that they need to prepare for the travel back to New-Krypton.

TBC...

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *