Chapter 11: Vatman

We start this story with the romantic dinner between Lois and the clone of Superman (I will refer to him as Cluperman).

On with the story...

Lois sat in her love seat, she was wearing a beautiful white dress in Asian style. Cluperman sat next to her, his arm draped loosely on her shoulder. Lois felt her heart banging in her throat. Her breathing quickened by every look she gave him. This was a dream come true for her. Cluperman looked at Lois, there was something about her that made him fall in love with her, although he knew that his father, Lex Luthor, the one that made him loved this woman too. Cluperman couldn't help himself. His eyes softened when he watched the woman who had stolen his cloned heart. Cluperman moved closer towards Lois until he was mere inches from her face. This was it, the moment he waited for since the first moment he had seen her. The moment he had thrown that bandit just where he belonged, in the special police truck from the Metropolis police.

“Are you alright, Superman?” Lois asked suddenly, she couldn't help but hear alarm bells go off in her head.
Cluperman looked confused, “yes, I am better than alright, I feel amazing why do you ask? Did I do something wrong?”

Lois shook her head, “No but you are acting so strange lately. I am not used to you being so straight forward. Yes, you are always honest but more distant. You see, take earlier today for instance, when you threw that man in the police truck? That is just something you never did before.”

Cluperman smiled almost viciously, "It is time that people knew who is in charge here, might is right someone dear to me through me. Now let's cut down the niceties and start with what we both want." Cluperman crashed his lips on top of Lois' with every passion he felt for her.

Clark stood on the other side of Lois' apartment, his eyes darkened with what he heard on the other side of the door. Clark tightened his jaw and his formed fists hanging beside his body. He could live with the fact that he lost a few rescues but what he just heard on the other side of the door, made him livid. Nobody would hurt Lois and live to tell it. Clark opened the door, "I am interrupting something here?" he yelled enraged.

Cluperman startled, Lois used that moment to crawl from underneath the cloned Superman and ran straight into Clark his arms.

“Don't you see that you are disturbing us, leave now that you still can!” Cluperman yelled viciously.

"Is that a threat?" Clark groaned through his teeth. His eyes becoming darker every minute.

Lois looked from Clark towards Cluperman and back, asking herself if Clark had lost his mind, going up against Superman.

“What if it is, what are you going to do about it, Mr. Kent?” Cluperman laughed evilly before raising his fist towards Clark. Lois closed her eyes, she didn't want to see her partner getting hurt by Superman while he was protecting her. Lois opened one eye and then another and was shocked with what she saw, Clark was holding Superman's arm at bay, his eyes dark and narrowed, his jaw tightened. She had never seen Clark this mad but how could he hold his own against Superman like that, Lois didn't think any further she was just glad that Clark was there for her.

Cluperman noticed that he couldn't win from this guy. He knew that moment that he couldn't win from this man. This man was the real Superman. Cluperman knew he was defeated and took off with a sonic boom.
Lois turned towards Clark still shocked by his reaction, “are you out of your mind, Clark, to go up against Superman like that?” Lois yelled towards him, still trying to control her breath, trying to calm herself down again.

Clark didn't react on her question, he was still trembling with fury but his eyes softened when he turned towards Lois, “Are you alright? Did he hurt you?”

Lois shook her head, "no, quite the opposite, he kissed me!" Lois was still shocked with what had happened she knew one thing though, this man was not her Superman.

"Superman kissed you?" he asked shocked. He was afraid of what this would do when he would meet Lois the next time as Superman.

Lois sighed deeply she knew she could trust Clark, he would never laugh at her when he heard this crazy idea, “I don't know who or what that was but this was not our Superman, Clark. I should know he kissed me before”

Clark sighed deeply while whispering, “I know he isn't.”

Lois didn't know what to make of it, how could he know that this wasn't Superman, “How could you know that?”

Clark hesitates asking himself how he was going to talk himself out of this one, maybe this was a sign for him to finally come clean about who he really was, to let Lois know his biggest secret.

“Do you trust me, Lois?” Clark asked softly.

Lois nodded, “I trust you with my life, Clark.”

"Close your eyes and let your heart speak. Don't try to think this through." Clark whispered softly.

“What are you up too, Clark?” Lois asked curiously, she never liked surprises.

“Just trust me with this Lois.” smiled Clark, this was it, he was about to reveal his biggest secret. Lois closed her eyes. Clark caressed her cheek softly like Superman had done so many times. That move made Lois her heart bounce in her throat. She automatically placed her hand on top of his. Clark saw this as a sign to move closer to her until is lip were mere inches from hers. He closed the remaining gab until his lips met hers in a soft and feathery kiss. A kiss showing all his love towards her.

Lois was shocked at first but images started to roll through her mind like a sort of movie. Clark's broad chest, Clark eating so much sugar. Clark his lame excuses and Clark who stopped Superman's arm from hitting him. She ended her film with a face from Clark and a face of Superman blending into one image. She remembered his words, "Let your heart speak, Lois." That is just what she did when she finally kissed him back with all the love she felt in every fiber of her being.

The need for air broke them apart. Lois looked into Clark's eyes, what she saw made her heart melt, she saw love but also fear, fear for her reaction.

"That is why you knew he wasn't Superman because Superman is sitting right in front of me now."

"I am still Clark, Lois. Superman is just a disguise to use my powers freely." Clark smiled shyly, his plan worked and Lois wasn't angry, "I want you to know the real me, Lois. The whole of me."

"I won't get to know the real you too, I want to know every inch of you, starting with this..." Lois said while she moved closer again until their lips met in a second kiss this time with all the love they both felt. She would never be fooled again. This was the man she was waiting for and nobody would take him away from her. This was her Superman.

The End See you at the next episode

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *