Chapter 2

Lois opened her eyes, never had she slept this good, not only was the bed softer than she was used too, this was the bed of the supreme ruler of New-Krypton. This was also the first time she had slept in Clark's arms. Lois sighed and moved her head that way she could look at the man, whose arms had kept her safe, not only tonight but so many times in the few years that she had known him. She couldn't understand how long it took her to see how much he meant to her. Her hands moved through his short, dark slicked back hair. The attention she gave him was rewarded with a soft sleepy moan from her prince charming, "no she thought, her Superman!" Lois thought, smiling at the sight in front of her. Until a knock on the door startled them both and broke down the magical feeling.
"Hmm, enter." Clark groaned sleepily. He didn't want these caresses to end. The doors slid open and Trey walked in.
"I am here to inform you that the ceremony will start in an hour, my lord," Trey said while bowing his head towards his supreme ruler. Lady Zara was about to rule over New-Krypton but when it came down to it, Kal-el would be the ruler until his death, after that it would be taken over by the first born child with Kal-El's bloodline. It didn't matter who the baby's mother was, as long as the child was recognized by the ruler as his.

He had given his authorization to Lady Zara to make decisions in his name for the time he would be spending on earth, this was the best he could do.

"We will be ready, thank you, Trey," Clark said motioning Trey to leave them alone now.

“I will go and wake up Lady Zara and Ching, now.” Trey bowed again and left the chamber of the supreme ruler of New-Krypton.

Lois was happy that she had chosen to sleep in her clothes because mere minutes after Trey had walked out another knock could be heard on the chamber doors.

“Enter!” Kal-el said with the voice of a leader. She had always thought he demanded respect with the way he talked as Superman but this was nothing in comparison to the voice he had as Kal-el, New-Krypton's leader.

A woman entered the room locking her eyes to the floor. Female servants weren't allowed to watch the supreme leader in the eyes.
“My lord, I am here to make your partner ready for the Ceremony.” The servant was a young blonde woman dressed in a long black dress, her hair in a ponytail.

“Alright, euhm what is your name?” Kal-el asked the servant curiously.
The servant was startled, she wasn't used to saying her name to people of nobility, "I am Vira, my lord."

"Alright, honey, you go with Vira and I will see you in about an hour on the ceremony," Kal-el said before he leaned into Lois for a sweet, feathery kiss.
“I will see you soon, my little prince.” Lois laughed before she left with the servant the next time she would see her fiancée was during the ceremony.

Kal-el was pacing around in his room, like a tiger in his cage, he was waiting for Trey or one of the other elders to come and get him to start the ceremony. The supreme ruler looked at the door the moment he heard the whoosh from the sliding doors. Trey bowed his head, “it is time, my lord.”
Kal-el nodded and followed Trey towards the room of his birth wife. He was wearing the same clothes as what he was wearing to his marriage with his birth wife Lady Zara of the house Ra, a long red sleeveless mantle that he was wearing above his black and blue suit.
The door of the partner room slid open, revealing Lady Zara wearing the long red dress she was wearing at her marriage with her birth husband Kal-el. Her birth husband walked towards her with his left arm behind his back, offering his right arm to her. Zara sighed deeply before placing her left arm on top of Kal-el's right arm. They stood next to each other ready to follow Trey towards the throne room.

The door to the room opened and everyone bowed his head the moment Kal-el and Zara walked past them this continued until the end of the aisle. Trey turned around and nodded his head towards one of the male servants Revo who had been with Lieutenant Ching the last hour. Revo opened the door with Ching waiting behind it. The lieutenant walked towards the end of the aisle where Kal-el was waiting together with his partner-to-be Zara. He was wearing the same costume as Kal-el but the mantle was green, the color right beneath the royal red. He stopped two steps behind Zara, Kal-el needed to give his official permission after all. The supreme lord cleared his throat, "Citizens, fellow nobility, I hereby give lieutenant Ching the permission to be my wifes' partner. Lieutenant Ching, please offer your left arm to Lady Zara of the house of Ra." Kal-el announced for everyone, while he took the sacred rope from Trey and placed it around the collapsed hands of Ching and Zara.
Trey nodded again this time towards Vira, who was Lois her servant the last hour opened the door and revealed Lois lane wearing the same clothes as Lady Zara but just like Ching the dress was in the green color, she walked towards the aisle where Kal-el was waiting with his birth wife by his side and Ching on her left side. Kal-el didn't need permission to have a partner as supreme ruler. His right arm was still underneath Zara's left arm. He offered his left arm towards Lois who placed her arm on his side in the same way Zara stood on his right, she knew that officially she would be sharing her husband with Zara, on the planet New-Krypton any way, on the planet earth he was hers and only hers.

Trey cleared his throat, "we are gathered here today to bound lieutenant Ching as a partner to Lady Zara from the house of Ra, with permission of her husband, Kal-el from the house of El and supreme ruler of the planet New-Krypton, as her partner in life." Zara smiled sadly when she looked at her husband and his soon partner Lois Lane, she envied her, Ching never looked at her with those loving eyes. She knew that it was not common to show feelings like that, but seeing this she just wanted it for once that he would show some earthly love, "would he look at her that way in the bedroom too?" Zara asked herself. Zara sighed again not looking at her partner Ching. Ching, on the other hand, had watched Zara closely, "Is that a tear I see? Does she regret sharing her husband with Lois? Does she start to feel bounding with him?" Those questions run through Chings' mind while he saw a lonely tear escape his partners' eye. He tightened his jaw and looked straight forward not showing the feelings, his eyes cold as ice. "I am never going to be more than a replacement for her husband, I really thought she loved only me." Thought Ching sadly thinking that Zara was sad because she started to get feelings for her husband and the fact that she needed to share him with Lois, knowing that she would never be in his heart like that.
Zara looked to her side towards her partner Ching. She noticed the look in his eyes and his tightened jaw, "I really thought we had a bond, is it really that bad to share me officially with my husband, he knows where my heart lays." Zara though while turning her head back towards Trey. "We have gathered also to bound the earth woman, Lois Lane as a partner to our supreme ruler Kal-el from the house of El," Trey said while taking the second sacred rope and place around the collapsed hands of his lord and his new partner and earth fiancée. Kal-el listened to what Trey was saying while looking beside him with all the love in his eyes that he felt in his heart. Lois smiled lovingly when she noticed him watching her. It was clear to everyone this was more than just a bound. This was what their ruler called love. Something the Kryptonian's weren't used too. Lois squeezed in Kal-El's hand.
Trey cleared his throat again to get the attention from his lord back towards him and not on his partner. Kal-el looked towards Trey, smiling shyly.
"I hereby declare Lois Lane and Lord Kal-el partners by Kryptonian law as well as Lieutenant Ching and lady Zara." Trey bowed his head towards them before removing the sacred ropes. Kal-el turned around and lifted Lois from the ground while turning her around, before placing her back on the ground, "I love you so much my partner." he said while looking into her beautiful eyes. Lois leaned in towards Kal-el, Kal-el, on the other hand, placed his hand on Lois her cheek and leaned the other way until their lips met to seal their bound with a kiss full of love. Zara looked at this strange costume but still wanted to feel loved like that, she wanted Ching to love her like that but she knew it wasn't a Kryptonian thing to do.
Ching sighed soon he would have Zara all to himself when Kal-el would be Clark again and would be staying on earth with his partner. He wouldn't have to be afraid to lose his partner to her husband by birth.

TBC

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *