Chapter 10: The Foundling

Clark looked around in his apartment, it looked like a storm had passed there, leaving his things spread all over the floor. Lois had come with him, "Clark, don't you think that you need to wait to touch things until the police have been here to take some fingerprints or whatever?"

"This is my place, Lois, I need to know what they...," Clark stopped in mid-sentence, shocked when he saw his little wooden chest, empty. His globe was gone. He didn't even hear Lois, who had seen his shocked face, walking behind him, "Clark what is wrong?"

Clark answered her on autopilot, too shocked to think his secret was in danger now, "The globe is gone!"

“Clark, what globe?” Lois asked curiously

Clark shook his head, he needed to find an excuse or Lois would know just like that. “Something I kept for a friend, the globe contains a big secret and this is already more than I can reveal of it, Lois.”

“Which friend, Clark? Which secret?” Lois was in reporter mode now. She hated it that there was something she didn't know.

Clark sighed deeply, Lois wasn't going to leave it this but he needed to take the risk of her not finding out. Once his secret was out, his life like he knew it would be over. This is what his father was afraid of, someone finding out he wasn't human but an alien from Krypton, “I can't answer that Lois, trust me.”

Lois was more going to keep an eye on him, she needed to know the secret Clark was carrying. She was an investigative reporter, she was going to investigate it.

Clark was staring at Lois her computer screen. The day's passed without any news of his globe. What if someone received his messages, what if they gave him away? Clark couldn't think about it.

“Hey, still thinking about that lost thing you can't talk about?” Lois tried to go the sympathetic friend way to dig out that big secret.

Clark sighed deeply, "I can't help it, Lois, it is something dangerous in the wrong hands!"

“Poor baby, you hardly slept did you?” Lois said while she walked behind him.

“Not even a wink!” Clark said while enjoying Lois her hands on his shoulders.

“Man, your muscles are like iron, Clark!” Lois said, shocked a little of Clark's reaction, “Steel!”

“Did he just say what I thought I heard him saying? Somehow I need to pretend I didn't hear it. It is a clue only I don't know what to make of it. Does the globe have something to do with Superman?” Lois thought, not knowing how right she was until a few hours later when she found pictures of Jor-el and the globe. This globe was Superman's.

“This globe contains a big secret and is dangerous in the wrong hands? Clark's muscles are not iron but steel. Clark is Superman!” Lois thought, she never thought that it would be this big of a lie.

Lois walked towards Clark's desk, she needed answers and she needed them now! "Clark, can I talk to you in the conference room, now please?" Lois said trying to sound as normal as possible. But Clark knew that something was up. Clark nodded and walked behind Lois towards the conference room.

Once inside the room, Lois confronted Clark with the photos of his birth father and Superman's globe.

“Why did you never told me you had a second job?” Lois whispered as silently as possible. She was mad but this was something that needed to be kept a secret no matter how angry she was now, she didn't want to lose her partner, not when she started to like having Clark by her.

“What are talking about, Lois and where did you get these pictures?” Clark hoping against all odds that she would believe him.

“Don't give me that crap, you know good and well what I am talking about, Superman!” Lois yelled.

“Little louder, Lois, the 10th floor didn't hear you!” Clark growled between his teeth.

"I am sorry, Clark. But when were you planning on telling me?" Lois asked, she just hated the fact that she didn't know everything. Clark walked towards the window, he was looking outside to nothing, in particular, this was what he had feared the moment he said, Lois, that she couldn't know the secret, maybe it would have been better if he had told her from the moment he knew that the globe was gone in the hope that she wouldn't publish any of this.

“Do you know what it's like, Lois, to never fit in, to see yourself as a freak in a human body?” Clark said with his voice full of pain. He turned around and Lois saw a tear blinking from his eyes.

Lois kept silent, this wasn't what she expected when she learned Clark's secret the first time.

"Lois, I grew up with powers I couldn't use, knowing that I was different than any other human being! Until recently I didn't even know, where I came from. I never found a place to call home until here in Metropolis, I want to live a normal life, Lois, without everybody knowing the freak I am."

Lois sighed, “Clark, you aren't a freak. You are my partner and my best friend, and I want to know the whole you.” Lois walked closer to Clark, this was everything she ever dreamed off.

"I will be there for you from now on, you don't have to be alone with this secret. I will be there to share the happy thoughts with and the saddest ones." Lois laid her hand on his cheek and looked in his eyes. It was then that she noticed the love in Clark's eyes. She couldn't help herself and closed the gap between them. Her lips touching Clark's briefly before letting the passion flow between them, this was the man that she never thought of meeting. The one person she could love and who loved her. This was going to be a great time getting to know the real Clark and she was going to enjoy every minute of it.

comments

Last edited by LadyTpower; 02/10/19 11:38 AM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *