Chapter 3

It was all over the news, something they had never seen in Metropolis. A silver wolf with yellow, glowing eyes, was walking through the streets on his hind legs. His teeth glinting in the sun, his long fangs dripped with blood. Long, black nails, sharp enough to cut through metal on the end of each paw.

“Come on rangers, I know you are in this city today, come out come out where ever you are!” growled Wolfator. He lifted a car and threw it in front of him.

Lois was shocked when she saw the monster on the news channel. “Clark, what are you going to do? You fought bandits, burglars, heck even assassins but never something like this.”

"There has to be a first time for everything, Lois, don't worry I will show this monster he is in the wrong town," Clark growled before he spun into his suit.

"Clark, wait, let us handle this, we are used to this monsters, and this is the answer we are looking for, This has Rita and Zedd written all over it, my guess is that they have Kimberly too," Tommy said before Superman could leave.

“I understand, Tommy but I can't sit by and let you handle everything, I have sworn to protect this city from every evil. There is not much that can hurt me anyway.” Superman was not going to sit this one out.

"Don't say that too loud, you don't know Rita and Zedd as we do," Rocky responded he was trying to let Clark see reason.

"Clark, listen to them, you don't know what you're up against," Lois said a bit worried. "This is not your typical Lex Luthor."

“I am going too and that is final.” Superman said stubborn, “and while we are discussing something we all know that is useless, the monster destroys more and more of the city. We have no time to lose.”

Tommy nodded, "Alright, Clark but if it goes how I think it goes we need to handle the 30 storages version of the same monster. After we defeated him. We need you to step aside and let us handle it alone, we can't risk your life."

Superman sighed, “Deal, I see you guys there!”

Tommy looked at his team and gave a slight nod. Lois, on the other hand, stepped aside. She didn't know what to expect. She saw the group nod back to him in response. She was going to witness what power rangers really were.

“Ninja ranger power now!” Tommy yelled. They all made a bow movement above their heads to end with their ninja sign. The group of teenagers were gone, in there place stood 6 multicolored ninjas. The group made their way outside almost running into Jimmy who stood in front of the door, ready to push the doorbell.

Jimmy looked at the group of multicolored ninjas and ran inside, “Lois, Lois are you alright?”

Lois shook her head, “What? Oh hi Jimmy, I am fine.”

Jimmy looked back towards the front door, “who were those people?”

"The power rangers, no time to explain, we have a scoop to get, come on Jimmy! I will ask my neighbor to watch little CJ. " Lois ran out of her house, she wasn't going to lose this one too the Metropolis Star!

Lois knocked on the door of the house next to theirs, the sweet Misses Avery had moved to an apartment closer to town. She rented her house to a nice couple with a teenage daughter. The woman of the house was a housewife and she had promised Lois every time she needed to go away she would babysit on little CJ.

"Hi, Lois."

"Hi Helen, can you watch CJ for a moment, he is asleep now so he wouldn't be too difficult. I will be back in an hour or so but there is a scoop I can't skip now."

Helen was a sweet lady in her late 40s with blond hair that just reached her shoulders and green eyes.

“Sure, Lois, I am not doing anything at the moment, I would love to babysit that little sweetheart.” Helen laughed sweetly.

"Thank you, Helen, I owe you big time. My pager number is on the fridge in case of an emergency." Lois said before she gave the spare key to Helen and took off after Jimmy who already stopped a cab.

Helen closed her door and let herself in Lois and Clark's house, this wasn't the first time Helen watched over CJ. There wasn't anyone better to trust their son to.

Maybe it would soon be time to let Helen into their family secret, she would talk it over with Clark, if she was going to babysit, she needed to be prepared to see him float or worse set the room on fire. Clark had received his first powers when he was 13 but was every Kryptonian baby the same?

Superman stopped in front of the monster, he floated a few inches off the ground to see straight in the face of the Wolfator.

“You are in the wrong town, pall!” Superman said his arms crossed over his chest.

“Who the hell might you be? Muscle-boy?” The wolf growled, “this is none of your business, blue-bird! So beat it, before you get hurt!”

“This is my town to protect so that makes it my business, and the name isn't blue-bird or muscle-boy, the name is Superman!”

“Out of my way, blue-bird!” the wolf growled before he smashed Superman against an apartment building.

“You can handle one man, try the six of us.” Tommy yelled, “It's Morphine Time!”

"White ranger power!" Tommy held his morpher in front of him, the rest of the group followed his example saying all their own color. By the time they had morphed into their power suits, Superman was floating behind them, as nothing had happened.

“Make that 7 guys!” Superman said, looking straight at the silver wolf.

Zedd was watching everything from his throne room in his moon palace. His vision reached earth easily, you could say he had even a better vision than Superman.

“Who is that blue guy in tights helping the rangers?” Zedd asked his wife who was watching through her telescope.

“I have no idea but did you see how he survived that smash, he can't be human that completely impossible. I know someone who might know who that Superman guy is.” Rita responded to her husband before yelling for Finster.

Finster was a strange mix between a goat and a dog, he was the scientist of the moon palace and he knew everything about other planets, legends,...

“You called for me my queen?” Finster said with his typical high pitched voice.

“Yes, Finster, look through my Repulsa scope and tell me what you see!” Finster obeyed his queen and looked through the Telescope. He looked at the battle on earth. He saw a man in blue tights sending the Wolfator flying.

“What can you tell me about that man helping those power punks?” Rita asked her minion.

TBC...

Wat does Finster know about Superman and What will Rita do about it?

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *