Andre Hazes, zeg het Vandaag (Tell it today)

Kerth challenge 2: Tell it today

I wrote a second story for the lyrics challenge, a song from my favorite singer, Andre Hazes. It is a song in my native language Dutch.

Clark was pacing through the snow of the Antarctic, the ice surrounding him never bothered him at all. This was his place when he wanted to be alone when he had things to think about. Was he going to tell Lois that he loved her? Was he going to risk her anger when she knew who he was? Would she be disgust by the alien from another planet? He had talked to his mother about it, she advised him what his heart already knew, but his mind didn't want to know! He thought about the words his mother told him.

"Who knows what tomorrow brings, Clark? Who knows where you will be or where she will be? For all, you know she could be dead tomorrow! Nobody can predict what the future holds my son! Think about What you have said? Think about what you have done so far? It that what you have done really the most important thing if tomorrow never comes?"

The words of his mother rang through his mind! She was right but would Lois see it that way? Wouldn't she be disgust with him? His mind was whirling in circles? Was he going to tell her today? Was he going to tell it all or just that he loved her? Was he going to tell it today?

The discussion with his mom wasn't over yet, she didn't leave it that way, she did everything to convince her son to tell Lois everything today.
“What if you don't tell her today? What if everything stopped this night? What if she died and you never told her? Would regret that you only thought?”

His mother was right these where questions his heart could answer but would he follow his heart?

If this was the last day on earth? If there was one thing I could tell her, it would be that I love her. My mind knew now that my heart was right. I will tell everything today. I will tell it today!

The End
comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *