Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
S
Some one had posted a response to an old story and I tried just putting the title down and I get nothing but the system telling me to broaden my search words.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Sparkyfire
Some one had posted a response to an old story and I tried just putting the title down and I get nothing but the system telling me to broaden my search words.

Hey Sparkyfire!

Okay so first thing you want to do is change your date range. I typically just leave both blank so all results will show. That tends to limit the results the most. Be sure to select your forum.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope that helps.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
folc gave a good first step you clear out the 1 and Weeks from the Newer than date range which will then search every post on the boards. Depending upon how much you know you might want to filter by which forum might have the information you are looking for (Left side upper). The keywords are the next most powerful and there is a link next to "Keyword Search Terms" for "Advanced Search Tips". One of the most important aspects here is the idea of putting a phrase in double quotes like "Dead by the Deadline" BTW the phrase is not case sensitive. Since you believe you have the title click the circular button (actually called radio buttons) next to "in subject" to restrict the search to the subject line of the posts.

Additionally if you just wanted to read the old story you can search the archives at Lois and Clark Archive . The archive search is quite a bit easier. But this only works if the author submitted the story to the archive after they finished it.

Hope this helps. If you still have issues then reply back with the story name and either myself or someone else should be able to help you find it.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
S
Thanks for the tips. I was looking for a non submitted story. I appreciate it.

D
Merriwether
Merriwether
D
All stories posted on the fanfic boards are listed on the fanfic index at www.lcficdirectory.com/pgindex.

Hope that helps!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard