Chapter 2

Metropolis...

Zordon had given Tommy and his team the address where they could find the help they needed.

"This is it, guys, The Daily Planet," Tommy announced while looking at a building with a globe in front of it. The group walked in they looked around, taking in everything they saw. Until they came at a desk.

“Can I help you?” Asked a young brunette from behind her desk.

Tommy noticed the woman and stepped towards the desk. “Yes, we are looking for Clark Kent and Lois Lane!”

“Do you have an appointment with Miss Lane and Mister Kent?” The brunette acted very friendly towards the group of teenagers.

Tommy shook his head, “we are friends of the missing gymnast Kimberly Hart and we heard that they were the best investigative reporters in town. We wanted to ask them for help.”

“I will see if they are available. Wait here in the lobby for a moment please.” The brunette took the phone and dialed Lois her number.

“Miss Lane, there are a group of teenagers here to see you and Mister Kent, they say they are friends with the missing gymnast Kimberly Hart and they wanted to talk to you and Mister Kent about it. Is that possible for you?”

The group heard tons of respect in the way the brunette talked to Miss Lane before she nodded and put down the phone.

"Miss Lane and Mister Kent expect you upstairs, you can take the elevators to the third floor."

"Thank you, Miss," Tommy said politely before the group walked towards the elevators, Tommy was their commander so they trusted him to do the talking for them, besides except for Billy, Tommy knew Kimberly better than the rest of them.

Lois was watching over her husband's shoulder, who was looking over some information about the missing teenager when the bell of the elevator rang. Lois and Clark looked up from their work and noticed a group of six colorful teenagers. One of them, a young boy with long, brown hair in a ponytail and dressed in white walked as first one down. Followed by a young man in a red shirt with, a young blond man dressed in blue, an African-American woman dressed in yellow a young Asian guy dressed in black and last a beautiful blond girl with bright blue eyes dressed in pink. They all walked towards the desk with the golden name tag, Clark Kent on it.

“Clark Kent?” asked the one with the long ponytail.

Clark nodded, “I am Clark Kent and this is my wife, Lois Lane.” Clark reached out his hand towards the young man who gladly reacted by reaching out too until their hands met in a handshake.

“I am Tommy Oliver, I have a letter for you from an old friend,” Tommy said vaguely. Clark accepted the letter and started to read.

Dear Clark,

It's a long time you have heard of me. I still remember the day that I told you how you reached earth with my help.
These are my Power Rangers. Please help them to find their former teammate Kimberly Ann Hart.
They know your secret but don't worry they deal with secret identities too. You can rely on their help wherever you need it during their stay in Metropolis.
Please help them.

May the power protect you all.

Zordon.

"Zordon," whispered Clark silently. Lois looked confused. "Who is Zordon?" she asked silently only for Clark's super hearing to notice.

Clark sighed, "I will tell you when we get home, but I can tell you this. Zordon saved my life when I was a baby." He then turned to the group who was waiting anxiously for a response, They had no idea that Clark knew Zordon.

“I want to invite you to our house on Hyper Avenue later and have dinner with us. We will be finished in a few hours. Let meet outside The Daily Planet 6pm that will be in about two hours, we will take a look at what we still can find out.” Clark noticed the smile on the group of teenagers.

“Thank you, Mister Kent, Miss Lane, we will gladly accept this dinner invitation.” Smiled Tommy.

The hours past, the group had walked around in Metropolis, seeing the sights but not forgetting why they were here. They had visited the place where Kimberly was seen for the last time but nothing that could give them a lead to what had happened, they have their ideas but they weren't sure this time, but if they were right this would be one hell of a fight.

The clock showed 6pm and the friends were waiting at the outside of The Daily Planet. Just in time to see Lois and Clark walking out of the building.

“Nicely on time I see.” Lois quipped

The group smiled before following the reporter too there home on Hyper Avenue.

“Please sit down.” Clark motioned towards the living room.

“Thank you Mister Kent. I know we didn't introduce ourselves properly, but can we speak freely here?” Tommy asked

"Yes, Mr. Oliver, my wife Lois knows my secret and I trust her with my life. You can trust her too and please call me Clark." Clark smiled. Lois looked confused now, how did those teenagers know his secret, they never saw Superman.
"Thank you, Clark. I see the confusion in your wife's eyes, let us clear everything out now. I am Tommy, Ranger commander, and white ranger, this here is,..." pointing to a young man in a red shirt beside him, "this is Rocky, red ranger, next to him in blue is my second in command and the brain behind the team, Billy, next to billy in the black clothes is Adam, black ranger, the sweet ladies behind them are, Aisha, dressed in yellow and last but not least our pink Ranger Kat."

"Glad to meet you all. But what confused me is how did you know about Clark?" Lois asked, trying not to be too hostile towards their new friends.

"Zordon told us about him, but don't worry we know how it feels to keep such a big part of your life a secret," Adam said in his own gentle way.

“Speaking of Zordon, how do you know Zordon?” Rocky asked this was one thing that had been on his mind since they started this mission.

Clark sighed, "he saved my life once when I was a baby. I was born on a planet called Krypton, my parents send me to earth because Krypton was about to explode. I learned later, about ten years ago, that there was miscalculation and I was heading for a black hole in space when a strange beam led me to earth, I would learn that Zordon had been a friend of the family before he was captured ten thousand years ago, my family kept in touch with a special device. He beamed me up ten years ago and told me the story. He brought me to earth with that beam! I owe him so much, he brought me to the love of my life and He brought Superman to this earth."

The group was silent, Zordon had saved his life and he never told them that.

“How did you got in touch with Zordon?” Lois asked curiously

Tommy looked towards Billy, he was the best one to tell the story because he was there from the first moment, “you tell the story, Billy!”

Billy cleared his throat, "We were beamed up by Zordon and his assistant the robot Alpha 5, in we I mean my friends and former rangers, whose identities I will keep a secret, you know because they aren't here to give their permission. One of them was Kimberly Ann Hart, former pink ranger and predecessor of Kat, to fight the evil sorceress Rita Repulsa, the one we suspect to have taken Kimberly from us, but her being a celebrity we can't be sure anymore. Tommy wasn't always our commander, Rita had turned him evil and he started his carrier as our toughest enemy yet, our former leader broke the spell and he joined us as the sixth ranger. Some time past and Tommy lost his green powers but he ultimately was chosen to wield the white ranger powers right before our former leader and two friends left for Switzerland, he became our leader, our commander. Rocky, Aisha, and Adam were chosen to follow in my friends' their footsteps as a ranger. The team stayed that way until Kimberly got the opportunity to train in Florida and chose Kat, who also started as our enemy, followed in her footsteps. I forgot to tell you that Rita married the even more dangerous Zedd."

Everyone looked up when the phone rang in the house, “Hello?” Lois asked politely.

“Lois, it's Jimmy.” sounded from the other side of the phone.

"Hi, Jimmy. What do you have for us?" Lois asked Jimmy, sounded scared for once.

“Turn... Turn on the news channel, I still can't believe it...” Jimmy said before he broke the line.

"Jimmy asked to turn on the news channel," Lois said in a confused voice to her Husband, Jimmy acted kind of strange.

Clark turned on the news channel and was shocked by what he saw, more shocked that his new found friends.

TBC...

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *