Chapter 8: Honeymoon in Metropolis!

We start the story where Lois is brushing her hair in the bathroom of the Honeymoon suite.

Lois was brushing her hair when a sound of something falling to the ground startled her. She looked towards the door and started walking not knowing that she would discover the shock of her life. Lois opened the door to the living room and was shocked by what she saw, Clark floating in mid-air. The brush she was carrying fell out of her hands while she brought her hands to her mouth, "OH MY GOD, CLARK!"

Clark didn't notice Lois coming inside, he had just turned out his super-hearing, why he had done that he didn't know, he used to do it all the time before falling asleep. Clark was spooked by Lois her voice, “Lois?!” He was so spooked that he lost his concentration and fell out of mid-air and on too the ground, “Damn!” Clark shook his head before looking at Lois again asking to himself just why did turn off his super-hearing.

"You..., You were floating!" She said pointing out the obvious.

"Good finding, Miss Lane, I didn't know what it was that I was doing," Clark said agitated, still, a little spooked that she had caught him, even more, pissed on himself at how careless he had been, floating up with Lois in the room next to him.

“Hey, you don't need to attack me because you were careless and by the way what were you doing in mid-air?” Lois asked the obvious but she wanted him to tell her. She wanted to hear that she wasn't crazy!

"I was having early breakfast, Lois what did you think I was doing, I was trying to get comfortable after I fell out this stupid couch!" Clark sighed he was shocked at his words and didn't know where those came from.

“Oh I am sorry mister Superman, what was I thinking after just found out that my partner was born on another planet and moonlight in tights in his free time, but yeah what was I thinking!” Lois yelled before turning around and closing the door with a bang.

"A little louder, Lois, they didn't hear you on the ground floor!"

Lois stepped in her bed still angry at how her partner had been talking to her.

“Damn you, Clark Kent! Damn you, Superman!” Lois tried to control her anger before going back to sleep.

Clark in the other room, regretted the words the moment he had said them in anger, mostly angry at himself to be caught like that, he always hated it when he fell out of mid-air but Lois was right, she hadn't known his secret. He never taught about the fact that he would be caught by his partner, he always thought that he would be the one to tell her his secret if she ever chose to love him, but by reacting the way he did, he thought that he had lost that chance forever, Lois would never forgive him that. It took a half an hour before Clark fell in a restless sleep.

Lois sighed, She regretted yelling to him like that, he was as spooked as she was. She couldn't let it go, she knew from her youth that it wasn't a good idea to go to sleep in anger, in any relationship, meaning that she had to talk to Clark before she would lose this wonderful friendship that had been growing between them, or was there something more?
She shook her head, she was sure she would go in there and say that she was sorry. Lois climbed out of the silk covered bed and walked towards the door of the living room, she opened the door carefully.

Clark was still in a restless sleep, but it was the first time she really looked at Clark, laying on the couch the moonlight shining through the window, landing on his skin. Clark his glasses resting on the coffee table in front of him. She never noticed how handsome Clark really was. She never noticed him in general. Clark was well defined, his biceps showing by the way that he had crossed his arms in front of him.

Lois turned around and walked back to her bedroom, with a new view on her partner and even more butterflies in her stomach than she ever felt for Superman.

The morning came early for Lois and Clark, Lois walked out of the bedroom, she saw Clark busying himself with the equipment. Clark looked up, still regretting the way he had acted last night but without knowing that Lois had been in the room earlier that night.

“Listen...” they said at the same time.

“You go first...” again spoken simultaneously. They both laughed.

“I am sorry, I acted the way I did Lois, I was mostly angry at myself for being so careless, this wasn't the way I wanted you to find out that I am Superman.”

"I am sorry to Clark, I never should have yelled like that, I hope you can forgive me for that and I hope that you know that I will never break your trust. Your secret is safe with me."

“I will always forgive you, Lois, because I am in love with you from the moment you stormed into Perry's office. I would have told you but I wanted you to start noticing me and not the hero in the blue suit.”

Lois walked towards Clark, "I really started noticing you the moment I walked in last night to apologize for my behavior. Clark, I am sorry for being so blind."

"That is what I was afraid for, you noticing me the moment you would know my secret, that way I don't know if you care for Superman or just me Clark." Clark sighed disappointedly.
Lois stood now in front of Clark she raised her hand and placed it on his cheek.

"Clark, Superman is a part of you. He makes you, well you. I love the whole you, not just your part, his heart beats in your chest. He has your personality. Superman lives in you." Lois leaned in, Clark needed to make a decision and he needed to make it fast, was able to throw everything away because she discovered it now. Clark leaned until their lips met in their first real kiss, doubts disappeared and passion took his place. Lois started to walk back towards the bedroom, not losing any contact with Clark. Clothes flew through the air, falling where they could land, even shocking the servant of the hotel when she came with new towels.

The story of two people who fell in love on their honeymoon in Metropolis.

The End

The next Episode All Shook up

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *