Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A little over halfway done and we've reached a milestone for our dear assassin!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
No feedback? This is a criminal offense! Must - redress - injustice!

It is a personal milestone, yes, but can Clark/Kal be trusted at this point in his life? Lois may understand intellectually why he's done what he's done, but that's a long way from trusting, respecting, and loving him. And what has Bruce been doing lately? I understand that he's letting Lois do the information gathering, but Clark killed Jason Todd. How is he going to learn to trust the Kryptonian? The only way to prove to Clark that he's trusted is to remove the collar - and that's a one-way street. Clark would never let it back on him.

Let's say Bruce does it. How long does Bruce think Lex Luthor will survive? Another kill for our "dear assassin" (what a terrifying turn of phrase), and it would be tantamount to slitting the man's throat himself.

That can't be the only green K Lex has. If Clark loses the collar and avoids Lex, how many others might die at his hands? He may know that his lifestyle is evil, but he knows nothing else. Once an assassin -

You've woven a deeply dark tale, DC. I want to know what happens next! I want to know if Kal ever sees the light, or if he takes out Lex with his final act of violence. And don't worry about the lack of written feedback. I suspect we'll all remember this tale for a long time.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Terry!

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

You're right that Clark will never trust Bruce unless the collar comes off. But Bruce would still have an advantage - Clark is powerless without sunlight and Bruce will have even more K - he could cripple Clark and put the collar on like Lex did, if push came to shove.

Bruce will certainly be around more. I promise. And he and Clark may not have much choice in if they have to trust each other or not.

Lex did demand as much K be found as possible. But it does him no good if Clark isn't found. That *could* be enough to jolt Clark to his senses and prevent him from going to assassinate Lex. Then again, Clark's former abuse is great enough to blind him that that fact.

I'm truly glad you're enjoying the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't have much to say, since I agree with everything in Terry's awesome feedback.

It is nice to see that Lois at least has those goons figured out. My first thought was, I hope they're not also first responders since they don't recognize someone frozen in fear with a possible panic attack. Hope that attack was on tape and reviewed by their superiors.

It's a good thing Clark has a dense molecular structure, even though he's lost his super powers, which I assume is why he wasn't more seriously hurt.

Glad to see things might be looking up for Clark.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
I don't have much to say, since I agree with everything in Terry's awesome feedback.

It is nice to see that Lois at least has those goons figured out. My first thought was, I hope they're not also first responders since they don't recognize someone frozen in fear with a possible panic attack. Hope that attack was on tape and reviewed by their superiors.

It's a good thing Clark has a dense molecular structure, even though he's lost his super powers, which I assume is why he wasn't more seriously hurt.

Glad to see things might be looking up for Clark.

Hey there!

Thanks for reading, Cuidadora!

I actually had this idea in my mind that Bruce's men would be other Robins/Nightwings that came after Jason. Maybe a B39 member or two. But it was never appropriate within the story to bring it up, so I left it out. But it's why none of them are concerned about Bruce turning on them/he's not worried about them outing him about the unlawful imprisonment going on.

Clark is a lucky man that he's resilient to harm more than the average man, though I would also imagine the blow was a bit restrained so as to knock him out without turning his brains into applesauce. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I actually had this idea in my mind that Bruce's men would be other Robins/Nightwings that came after Jason. Maybe a B39 member or two. But it was never appropriate within the story to bring it up, so I left it out. But it's why none of them are concerned about Bruce turning on them/he's not worried about them outing him about the unlawful imprisonment going on.

Clark is a lucky man that he's resilient to harm more than the average man, though I would also imagine the blow was a bit restrained so as to knock him out without turning his brains into applesauce. wink

Thanks for explaining! It makes sense as to who those guards are, and why Clark and the Reader wouldn't know.

Yeah, Clark is lucky. Hope he soon sees that, too.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Thanks for explaining! It makes sense as to who those guards are, and why Clark and the Reader wouldn't know.

Yeah, Clark is lucky. Hope he soon sees that, too.

You're quite welcome! I wish I'd been able to write that detail in, even in a later chapter, but it just felt awkward whenever I thought about it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard