Don't close your eyes
my song for this challenge is don't close your eyes from Keith Whitley

The night was bright, the park was quiet, except for two people walking. Two best friends who were enjoying each others company. Lois was wearing sweatpants and a sweater. She didn't feel the need to dress up. Lois had been in need of Clark's friendship, his support, after her almost marriage with Lex Luthor a few days ago.

“I want to thank you for your forgiveness, Clark. I should have trusted your opinion of Lex.”

“It is alright, Lois. You were blind by his beautiful words, like half the town. Luthor was a master in disguise.” Clark tried to reassure Lois that there wasn't anything wrong with her intuition.

"It is like you said, Clark, I am an investigative reporter and didn't investigate properly. What if I lost it?" Lois sounded depressed. She had made the mistake rejecting Clark back then in the park and now it was the time to set things straight. She never believed that he had lied about his feelings for her.

Two owls sitting next to each other on a branch watching how two best friends tried to mask their feelings for each other. The tree next to them was holding a whole other creature. A creature is known as a man, carrying the name Asabi. He had a score to settle with Mr. Kent also known as Superman. He was the only one outside Luthor who knew the man secret identity and Asabi would finish what his master started, get rid of Superman once and for all. The man had changed his white attire for a black one. That way he wouldn't be seen before he shot the one arrow Luthor had given him just in case, An arrow made of Kryptonite. Asabi placed the fluorescent green arrow on his crossbow. He aimed not making the slightest sound. The owls cried, calling to the full moon but masking the sound of the arrow shooting out of the crossbow, Clark never heard it coming until it was too late, the green arrow had hit him in the shoulder.

Clark smashed against the ground not knowing what had hit him the only thing he could hear was Lois calling his name.

“Clark? Clark? Please Clark say something?” Lois knelled beside her best friend, who lost who was breathing very shallow.

“Lois,... the... arrow...” He couldn't continue and wanted to close his eyes so bad.

“Clark, stay with me, don't close your eyes, you must stay awake! Please let me call an ambulance.”

Clark opened his eyes again, “Not much time..., the... arrow … will... kill...me...”

“Clark this is a kryptonite arrow, it will not kill you unless...” Lois was starting to see what was in front of her, but Clark closed his eyes again, breathing heavily and obviously in pain.

Lois her eyes widened as the truth starts hitting her, "Oh my god, please Clark, stay with me don't close your eyes, please Clark, the world needs you... I need you."

Clark opened his eyes again, "Lois you need to... cut out... the... arrow." it became harder and harder for Clark to talk, that arrow needed to be removed or Superman would die here and now, underneath the stars, he loved so much.

Lois opened her handbag and took out a little knife, “I don't think I can do this Clark.”

“You... have... too...,” These were Clark's last words before his world turned black.

Lois had no choice and started to cut around the edge of the arrow, before digging it out. She threw the arrow as far as she could before she noticed that the wound closed itself but Clark's eyes stayed close.

"Please Clark, open your eyes and look at me don't close them anymore, not before I could tell you how much you mean to me before you know how much I really love you, the man beneath all suits." Lois started crying, laying her forehead on his chest, listening to the shallow breathing.

"I love you too, Lois," Clark whispered in her ear.

Lois looked up and started laughing and crying at the same time and before she knew it she placed her soft lips on his, deepening the kiss the moment Clark placed his arm around her neck and pulled her closer. He never wanted to close his eyes never again.

The end.

comments

the song

Last edited by LadyTpower; 01/15/19 06:20 PM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *