Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#283200 01/12/19 11:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, this has been sitting on my harddrive for what seems like forever.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Dandello!

So great to get an update to this hyper

Plus he isn't allowed access to the internet without someone standing over him, watching."
Then how is he going to use it for …well…searching for leaked centerfold from Love Fortress International?

"And they want you for that job?" Jimmy asked. "But you're already a department head."

"Ever hear of the Peter Principle?"
laugh

"Tony Meier over in Financial thinks you guys are 'interesting'. He took notice when a couple of little holding companies started discretely buying up Planet stock. Traced it back to you guys. How much did Luthor really leave you two?"
laugh

"And, apparently Virtanen and Laderman both have nasty senses of humor," Alexa said. "Eugene Laderman was recruited by S.T.A.R. labs when LexCorp was dismantled. Anyway, anyone attempting to break-in to their system gets access to falsified data files that have a spy program embedded in them.
Nice twist!

Alexa turned to Lane. "You have the MBA."
laugh

"But you have the better head for business and managing people," Lane said. "In any case, people are going to say we bought our way into management."

"We did."
clap

"We found out what he thought of us 'playing at being reporters' instead of actively taking care of the business," Lane said. He grabbed a box and started helping Alexa put her personal belongings in it.

"Now, wait, he didn't fire you, did he?"

"Worse," Alexa said. "He made us decide which one of us was going to take Rosen's job. Rumor has it I'm the better people person." She glared at Lane.
dizzy I so missed that peep And cool twist!

"Nobody's threatening you, Ralph," Alexa assured him sweetly. "That will come when your sources don't pan out, again, and the mayor finds out who's been helping her enemies spread tall tales about her and her husband."
Clark’s mean!

"And she's the people person?" Perry muttered to Lane.

"He's still standing," Lane observed.
rotflol

"If I team you two up on this one…"
Oh dear. So, good thing Lane’s the one staying?

"I swear I will not kill him," Lane promised. "At least not without a good alibi."
laugh

"No blood in my newsroom, please."

"Understood. Blood is hard to clean up."
clap /points at A Golden Crown from A Game of Thrones/

McLeod stared at her for a long moment. "Mister Stern appointed you to circulation director without briefing you?"

Alexa nodded.

"Do I even want to know why Mister Stern would do such a thing?"
Translation: What’s that trollop doing here?

But leaving it to me and the boys to train you… that sounds like something he'd do to both of us."

"And why would he do that?"

"He offered me the job and I turned him down," McLeod said.
rotflol

And why is circulation down by eight percent in just one month? The last time that happened was when the paper was under attack by Luthor…"

Alexa paused when she saw McLeod's wry smile.

"And now you figured out the real reason why Stern assigned one of White's fair-haired prodigies to this job," the woman said with a chuckle.
laugh

"...we've got to get the Evening Edition out there somehow, can't we rent a truck...?" Alexa was saying to someone.
Supergirl could deliver…? Or carry the broken-down truck.

"It's just so aggravating," Alexa said. She sighed and turned back to Lane. "So, your first day working with Ralph?"

"He's still alive," Lane stated. "But the week is still young."
laugh

Advanced Rocket Corp's test center was several miles outside the city. It boasted one of the largest and most advanced rocket engine test facilities in the nation although Lane could only guess at why it wasn't in a more sparsely populated area like Utah or Nevada.
Plot reasons. We don’t talk about it.

So what had caused the weakness?
/scratches head/ Are the clones not up to spec?

Alexa was used to the background mental 'mumble' from her husband
Constant babble mode, huh?

I know those were assigned to the new guy, Max.
Sounds fishy to me.

She didn't expect an answer but McLeod answered anyway: "Why do I have the feeling our HR problem and our vendor order problem are exactly the same problem?"

"The Planet's been hacked."
Oh. Ooooooh!

That’s a nice new trail off the beaten path you’re slashing there! clap

[Linked Image] The main post is missing it's blue arrow icon.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard