Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy New Year, FoLCs! May 2019 be kind to you all!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Happy newyear to you too. I really love this story. What would have happened if the wrong people found him

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a powerful chapter. You masterfully wove Clark's isolation throughout, whether or not he was physically alone. clap

Originally Posted by DeadlyChakram
He had to acknowledge that was true, but staying ambiguous and hiding in the shadows was too deeply ingrained in him. Coming clean, in a direct, straight-forward, manner wasn’t something that he was comfortable with. It went against his very nature.

Clark in any universe seems to have varying degrees of this self-protection reflex,and in this one it has been the way he's survived being enslaved by a madman. I can see him not only hiding in the shadows when he's out on "errands," but also hiding in the penthouse to not draw Lex's attention and ire.

Glad to see he is reaching out tentatively, trying to explain what even he finds inexplicable. I'm still hoping there's light at the end of this dark tunnel, or maybe cell is a better term, for all.

The chapter starting and ending with him alone in the cell really emphasized his separation from people and brought him full circle.

Once again, looking forward to your next post, whenever it is. thumbsup

And Happy New Year! party

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Happy newyear to you too. I really love this story. What would have happened if the wrong people found him

Thank you and thanks for reading! "What if" stories can be fun just because anything and everything can happen. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image]

Seriously though, if this is canon BatBruce, having seen the collar stuffed with deadly poison that Clark is forced to wear it surprises me that he continues to behave as though Clark killed people for kicks. Where is The World's Greatest Detective?

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
What a powerful chapter. You masterfully wove Clark's isolation throughout, whether or not he was physically alone. clap

Originally Posted by DeadlyChakram
He had to acknowledge that was true, but staying ambiguous and hiding in the shadows was too deeply ingrained in him. Coming clean, in a direct, straight-forward, manner wasn’t something that he was comfortable with. It went against his very nature.

Clark in any universe seems to have varying degrees of this self-protection reflex,and in this one it has been the way he's survived being enslaved by a madman. I can see him not only hiding in the shadows when he's out on "errands," but also hiding in the penthouse to not draw Lex's attention and ire.

Glad to see he is reaching out tentatively, trying to explain what even he finds inexplicable. I'm still hoping there's light at the end of this dark tunnel, or maybe cell is a better term, for all.

The chapter starting and ending with him alone in the cell really emphasized his separation from people and brought him full circle.

Once again, looking forward to your next post, whenever it is. thumbsup

And Happy New Year! party

Very true! He does reflexively withdraw into himself and hide who/want he is. In every universe, he knows anonymity is necessary to save his life. Very heartbreaking, if you think about it.

He's definitely had the experience of slinking around Lex Tower trying not to draw Lex's attention, especially when Lex is mad at him. In a lot of ways, he's still childlike in his mentality of "don't make Dad made and punish me". But, he's growing and learning now (albeit though through force) under Bruce and Lois. The question is...how much can they break his mental chains, if at all?

Glad you liked the chapter! Happy 2019!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
[Linked Image]

Seriously though, if this is canon BatBruce, having seen the collar stuffed with deadly poison that Clark is forced to wear it surprises me that he continues to behave as though Clark killed people for kicks. Where is The World's Greatest Detective?

Well, I wouldn't say he's thinking Clark kills for fun, per se, but Bruce definitely isn't sympathetic to "Lex made me do it." Harsh of him, yes. But Clark killed Bruce's friend/Robin and Lois' family, so he's got a lot of reason to find every fault with Clark. And, of course, the harder he is on Clark, the more potential he thinks he has to "break" him and get the info he needs.

Thanks for reading, E! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard