AN/ I don't own Lois and Clark not do I own the Disney song from Hercules, I won't say I am in love.

(Bold) Lois her mind in the second piece
(Italic)Lois her heart in the second piece
general

Chapter 6 green green glow of home

Lois was making herself ready for the night when she heard Jonathan scream for Marta. She didn't think much about it until a few minutes later they saw them leave the barn, Jonathan was supporting Clark, he looked awful. What could have happened to Clark, he was healthy and strong all day, how was it that he couldn't even walk outside the barn a few minutes later? What had they done to him? Lois kept watching until they were almost on the porch of there house. She wanted to know everything about it. She wanted to know what they were hiding, call it the intuition of a reporter but she knew that something was off. She hadn't won those award for her yodeling ability.
She placed herself behind a wall of the room beside the kitchen, she knew that what she was doing was wrong but she had to know.
Lois kept silent the moment she heard the door open.

Jonathan managed to drag Clark to a chair in the kitchen, his son was doing his best to help his father in any way but the normally strong man could barely walk now.

“Oh Clark, honey you are burning up.” Marta sounded worried, although Lois wasn't sure anymore, what could make that Clark was so beat up after only a few minutes what were they doing to their son.

But it was what she heard next what confused her even more, “don't get scared mom, my body doesn't work like other peoples.”

Lois was startled with that confession, “What did Clark mean by that?” The puzzle just wouldn't fit.

“Clark loves his parents and his parents seem to love him but after being alone with his father in the barn he comes back and can't walk on his own anymore and now he is telling me that his body works differently?” Lois was playing everything again in her mind. Something was wrong and she was about to find out what it was.

Lois was startled out of thoughts what sounded like falling glass. It brought her thoughts back to the mission at hand, finding out the Kents big secret.

She heard Jonathan ask what he had meant with, I think I am better? But Lois was about to hear what would be her biggest shock ever.

"Clark had never been sick before?" Lois was stunned with what she was hearing over here, how is it possible that he is sitting here like he had a near-death experience when he never got sick? Lois wanted to move closer not seeing the where she walked she bumped into a little cabinet in the hallway. "They know I'm here, they won't talk now, better go and say before they think that I heard everything," thought Lois while she walked towards the kitchen, "Think about an excuse to be there, Lois!" she reminded herself

"I thought I heard the fax," she said while she walked towards the kitchen, she hoped she was convincing enough for the Kent's.
She walked into the living room, hoping they would continue their conversation and they didn't disappoint her.

“I lifted a rocket in the orbit before and now I can't even lift this.”

Lois was shocked did she hear that right? “He lifted a rocket,...” she stopped her thoughts, that meant that Clark was..., “Clark was Superman and he had lost his powers somehow.”

“How can a rock that came from the same planet as Clark make him sick?” She heard Jonathan say

Lois was still shocked with what she learned today, "Clark was Superman, what would justify his disappearances all the time!" She shook her head, she was even more confused now that she had heard that Clark had lost his powers by a rock for god sake, the man bounced bullets off his chest!

She knew she was going to keep his secret, even Clark wouldn't know that she knew that he was Superman. She was sure that he would tell her when he would be ready for it.

Lois took the fax and walked back to the kitchen, where she looked at Clark, really looked at him. He really looked awful. She had to say something let him know that he could talk to her.

“Look at this! A working list of clean-up sites from the Environmental Protection Agency. Guess what? Smallville's not on it.” Lois tried to be happy, hoping she didn't let out that she knew now.

“Clark you look horrible!” She hoped they would buy it.

“It is my... Allergies!” Clark had managed to say

“Yeah, right and I am the president of the United States.” thought Lois but held her mouth shut

“You never said you were allergic?” She continued pushing a little with the thoughts like the other things you didn't mention like I am invulnerable.

“The always act up when he is in the country.” Marta tried to convince Lois.

“Really bad this time of the year.” continued Jonathan.

“Let them believe I bought it.” Lois thought by herself but said, “I tried to warn him about those amber waves of grain.” Lois shook her head, “Good Job Lois!”

She placed her hand on Clark's shoulder, " I am going to get right to this, you feel better OK?" With that, she left the kitchen and without them knowing what she had heard.

Lois sat in the seat of the airplane, looking at her partner, she could have lost him and that scared her more than she cared to admit to her self. Her mind was still not in line with what her heart told her. Those two were in such a discussion inside her

her mind sighed: “If there was a prize for rotten judgment, I guess I already won that.
No man is worth the aggravation, that is ancient history; been there done that.”

Lois sighed looked out of the window at the clouds she never felt this confused.

“Who d'you think your kidding? He is the earth and heaven to ya! Try to keep it hidden? I can see through ya! You can't conceal it I know how you feel and who you are thinking of!

Lois got a determent look on her face where did those thoughts come from. She shook her head and continued looking out of the window. While Clark dozed off next to her.

“No chance No way. I am not going to say it”
“You swoon, you sigh! Why deny it?”

“It is so cliché, I won't say I am in love!”

"I thought you had learned your lesson, it always good when it starts out, I know I was screaming 'get a grip girl unless your dying to cry your heart out'”

"You keep on denying, who you are and what we're feeling. I am not buying that from you! Face it like a grown-up, when you gonna own up that we got it bad!"

“No way, I am not going to say it, this scene won't play, I won't say I'm in love!”

“Give up, give in, check the grin; we are in love!”

Lois turned her head to look at a sleeping Clark and sighed deeply.

"You are way off base, get off my case I won't say it!"

“Don't be so proud, we're in love!”

“At least out loud won't say I'm in Love.”

“That is a start.”

chapter 5

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *