Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Early posting due to Christmas Eve/Day falling when I would otherwise normally post. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas to all those celebrating!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Merry Christmas, DC!

[Linked Image]

Well, Lois did get some information out of Clark. Lots of questions without answers, though.

Is it enough for Bruce et al to figure out:

• Who Clark is
  • Who his "employer" is, and
  • What kind of hell he's been living?

Maybe the key is if they realize that he's used to being treated with anger and isolation that another sincere approach might work better? Although I'm not sure if he'd react badly to kindness, I could see it throwing him for a loop. lol

Interesting that Clark seems to be the only one who has sympathy for the others' pain. Of course, we're not in their heads at this point.

Looking forward to more in this saga. Hurry back,please! grovel

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
sad This is bad. This is very bad.

I can't see Lois falling in love with the man who killed her family, even if he helps them take down Luthor, even if he convinces them he was forced into the murderer's life, even if you dropped a zero from the end of the total chapter count (220 instead of just 22). The Lane family's murders are a barrier between them that I don't see them crossing.

Of course, having written a Lois Assassin story, I know that there are a few ways back. I suspect that DC won't take the route that I did, but it's going to be tons of fun watching it develop. The best part? I have no idea how it's going to happen. And just because I can't see it doesn't mean a Kal-Lois wedding isn't in the future.

Keep 'em coming, DC! I am into this tale and want to see more. dance

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Merry Christmas, DC!

[Linked Image]

Well, Lois did get some information out of Clark. Lots of questions without answers, though.

Is it enough for Bruce et al to figure out:

• Who Clark is
  • Who his "employer" is, and
  • What kind of hell he's been living?

Maybe the key is if they realize that he's used to being treated with anger and isolation that another sincere approach might work better? Although I'm not sure if he'd react badly to kindness, I could see it throwing him for a loop. lol

Interesting that Clark seems to be the only one who has sympathy for the others' pain. Of course, we're not in their heads at this point.

Looking forward to more in this saga. Hurry back,please! grovel

Everyone is very much trying to figure each other out. There's a lot of mutual anger/hatred to slog through before anyone can even think about kindness. So...it's gonna be bumpy. laugh

You're right - we're only in Clark's head. But there's not a lot of room for Bruce or Lois to be sympathetic to Clark right now. They only know him as a killer. He's murdered people they cared about. Clark knows this and that he's to blame even if he didn't want to do it. So of course he's got a hefty dose of guilt going on. He's a killer, but he still has a little bit of a conscience. Bruce and Lois have literally no idea what's been going on in Clark's life so they have no guilt or feelings for his plight.

Thanks for reading and glad you're enjoying this very weird universe I've set up. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
sad This is bad. This is very bad.

I can't see Lois falling in love with the man who killed her family, even if he helps them take down Luthor, even if he convinces them he was forced into the murderer's life, even if you dropped a zero from the end of the total chapter count (220 instead of just 22). The Lane family's murders are a barrier between them that I don't see them crossing.

Of course, having written a Lois Assassin story, I know that there are a few ways back. I suspect that DC won't take the route that I did, but it's going to be tons of fun watching it develop. The best part? I have no idea how it's going to happen. And just because I can't see it doesn't mean a Kal-Lois wedding isn't in the future.

Keep 'em coming, DC! I am into this tale and want to see more. dance

Oh yeah, things are pretty awful right now. Lois is going to need something huge if she's ever to see Clark for anyone other than her family's murderer. And even then, it would be a coin toss if it would improve their relationship at all from the smitten assassin and the loathing victim.

I do hope that, no matter how things pan out, that you enjoy the ride!

More next weekend - another early posting planned so as not to hit into New Years!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard