#282840 12/14/18 08:36 AM
F
Fawlke Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
F
Hello,
I have been reading through various fics and I was wondering about another All Shook Up idea.
I would love to see where EPRAD don't loose connection so everyone can hear him struggling/falling. They track Superman and find his crash site but he's obviously injured. How would the emergency services deal with this? Would various nefarious organisations try to take advantage and steal Superman from the people trying to help him?
I would like to see Superman being afraid of what he can do if he accidentally sends a vehicle flying/hurts someone or one of his powers goes off randomly.
Kudos if the emergency workers treat him humanely and not like a freak.
Maybe he instantly trusts Lois and she's the only one that can get him to calm down?
Can be a revelation fic if you want to.
Does this all sound plausible or does anyone have a recommendation if this has already been done?

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oooo! I LOVE IT!

To my knowledge, stories where Superman is hospitalized or otherwise aided by emergency services are very few and far between, and I don't think any of them involve Nightfall at all.

It would definitely add an interesting complication when combined with his amnesia: Superman asks "Who am I? Where am I from? Do I have a family or anything?" and the world can only say "...Uh....." evil

~•~
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Originally Posted by Fawlke
Hello,
I have been reading through various fics and I was wondering about another All Shook Up idea.
I would love to see where EPRAD don't loose connection so everyone can hear him struggling/falling. They track Superman and find his crash site but he's obviously injured. How would the emergency services deal with this? Would various nefarious organisations try to take advantage and steal Superman from the people trying to help him?
I would like to see Superman being afraid of what he can do if he accidentally sends a vehicle flying/hurts someone or one of his powers goes off randomly.
Kudos if the emergency workers treat him humanely and not like a freak.
Maybe he instantly trusts Lois and she's the only one that can get him to calm down?
Can be a revelation fic if you want to.
Does this all sound plausible or does anyone have a recommendation if this has already been done?

I think that is an idea to think about, very interesting. Why don't you try it?

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
F
Fawlke Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
F
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
I think that is an idea to think about, very interesting. Why don't you try it?

I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it.

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
every one started once. I believe you can do it.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome to the boards, Fawlke! wave

I can only think of three stories where either Clark or Superman was rescued by emergency services and taken either to E.P.R.A.D. or an emergency room. Your idea sounds intriguing.

Bob Bartholomew's When the Sky Falls and its sequel After Nightfall: The Return of Superman

Female Hawk's Trusting Me, Trusting You. (LOTS of angst and WHAMS but also wonderful WAFFY moments)

Dandello's A World Without Superman

None of them have all of the plot points you made.

Fawlke, if you want to tackle this, you may want to consider finding someone to work with you on it. It could be a writing partner or a beta reader. Or you could stop by Chat to brainstorm ideas. I think this is the Chat Link; it comes up for me but I can't find the original link in search.

Another option would be to start out smaller. Claim this challenge for yourself, and also pick one of the shorter challenges as your first fan fiction. The challenges from the 2017 and 2018 Kerths are examples, as is the 2015 Canterbury Tales of Metropolis. (That link lists the stories done so far for that challenge, most of which can be read in a few minutes.) Discaimer: My first two stories were from the Canterbury Challenge, which I still think is an excellent way to start.

There are lots of other challenges that you can brainstorm if you're looking for shorter plot ideas.

Last edited by cuidadora; 12/15/18 08:44 AM.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard