Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<insert evil, maniacal laughter here>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Your evil, maniacal laugh does not do this story justice, DC. Clark has somehow managed to divorce his moral code - which, because of Lex, he was never able to internalize - from his actions. You've done the next best thing to giving Lex super-powers and shown us how terrifying it would be. And you've set up a horrible conundrum for Clark - do his "brother's" deadly bidding or commit suicide by Kryptonite.

The one thing Lex has done without realizing it is to put the Batman on his trail. When Clark killed Jason, it set in motion a chain of events which will result in Lex' downfall and Clark being neutralized as a weapon. I'm sure the Riddler will wonder why Batman isn't tracking him as closely as before. Lex will want to expand his control, and that means that Clark will start operating in Gotham City. And it's barely possible that the few mostly-sane Rogues of Gotham will realize that having a super-assassin in their midst is more dangerous to them than having just Batman - because Batman will beat them up, take them to the police, and see that they're incarcerated, but Batman won't leave them drowning in a pool of their own blood.

Clark will. He'd take no pleasure in the deed, but if Lex ordered him to kill the Joker, he'd do it.

I'm not saying you will, or even should, travel that path. It would be interesting, though, wouldn't it? Almost as interesting as the story you're telling now. And you haven't given us a glimpse of Lois yet. Will she do Vicky Vale one better and be able to deal with Clark's life and actions? If so, might she show Vicky how to handle a relationship with a man who has a secret identity?

Definitely watching for more on this one.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Your evil, maniacal laugh does not do this story justice, DC. Clark has somehow managed to divorce his moral code - which, because of Lex, he was never able to internalize - from his actions. You've done the next best thing to giving Lex super-powers and shown us how terrifying it would be. And you've set up a horrible conundrum for Clark - do his "brother's" deadly bidding or commit suicide by Kryptonite.

The one thing Lex has done without realizing it is to put the Batman on his trail. When Clark killed Jason, it set in motion a chain of events which will result in Lex' downfall and Clark being neutralized as a weapon. I'm sure the Riddler will wonder why Batman isn't tracking him as closely as before. Lex will want to expand his control, and that means that Clark will start operating in Gotham City. And it's barely possible that the few mostly-sane Rogues of Gotham will realize that having a super-assassin in their midst is more dangerous to them than having just Batman - because Batman will beat them up, take them to the police, and see that they're incarcerated, but Batman won't leave them drowning in a pool of their own blood.

Clark will. He'd take no pleasure in the deed, but if Lex ordered him to kill the Joker, he'd do it.

I'm not saying you will, or even should, travel that path. It would be interesting, though, wouldn't it? Almost as interesting as the story you're telling now. And you haven't given us a glimpse of Lois yet. Will she do Vicky Vale one better and be able to deal with Clark's life and actions? If so, might she show Vicky how to handle a relationship with a man who has a secret identity?

Definitely watching for more on this one.

Hi Terry, thanks for stopping in! Glad you like the set up thus far.

I actually managed to (mostly) stay out of Gotham in this story (minus, of course, the attempt on Bruce's life).

I do have some neat plot twists coming up though. And yes, Lois will be appearing shortly. But maybe not in the way you'd expect.

Thanks for reading! More posting early next week!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Thank you for this unique story. I am enjoying it

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Thank you for this unique story. I am enjoying it

Thanks so much for reading! I had fun writing it, so I'm always glad to hear that people are enjoying reading it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Of course. Of course, Lex would happen across kryptonite and use it to control his brother. Goodness gracious. Can't wait to see how this gets worked out.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard