The stories will be short but I will try to update ones or twice a week.

Strange Visitor.

Clark was working on his computer when Limited and National Security busted into the newsroom, they had a warrant from the federal court for Lois Lane and Clark Kent. Nobody knew back then that this was all a fake. They were looking for Superman. Clark knew this was it, he needed to be the best actor they had ever seen. He was used to people talking to him about Superman but this was different, he would need a lot of skill to talk himself out of this one.

"I want Superman and I am not leaving until you tell me where I can find him."The man in the gray vest and the dark tie was menacing.

The images of what would happen if he really got what he wanted flashing through his mind, how would Perry react and how would Lois react when the truth would be revealed. Clark took a deep breath. He was going to cross that bridge when he got there.

"Lois, Clark go wait in my office, I will clear this out. Wait there for me." Perry pointed in the direction of his office, it was the first time he noticed Clark being a little uncomfortable, "He knows more than he tells us,"the Chief-editor thought to himself. He always said, he didn't become Chief-editor because he could yodel.

Lois stood at the door, watching from inside the office, her chief-editor talking to what was named Limited and National Security, later really known as bureau 39 but that was something they didn't know at the time. Clark was trying to keep his mind occupied by playing with a little ball of paper letting it float above the bucket. He didn't want to think about the consequences when the truth would be revealed. He stood up trying to control his nerves when Perry walked back into his office.

Perry sighed, “OK kids, here is the deal, they want the two of ya to take a polygraph test.”

“What?” Lois was shocked, why the hell would she know anything about Superman was the first thing that sprang into her mind. She wouldn't be single know if she knew who he was.

Clark was becoming more and more uncomfortable, he couldn't take this lie-detector-test, but how was he going to bring this in order to save his secret identity. Perry on his side was watching Clark like a hawk, “there was something that Clark knew but what?” was the only thing on Perry's mind.

"Don't worry, I told him to stuff it! Not my two reporters!" These were the best words he had heard Perry say all day but Perry wasn't done yet.

“Right!” Clark sighed of relief

"Good for you." smiles Lois, she too had noticed Clark being uncomfortable. She would think about it some later today.

"I told them if they're so bound and determent, to take your computer and your notes and to get on with it so that I can sue their asses into the next century."

This last one came like a lightning at a clear blue sky for Clark. Never in his whole life did he fell so cornered as he did now.
“Alright, Clark, calm down.” Clark sighed to himself, he had two options, option 1, tell Perry and Lois the truth and hope that they could help him through this and would keep his little secret or take the polygraph test and Perry and Lois would surely know together with the people of the government.

"I can't take this polygraph test, Perry!" Clark started to panic, something Perry and Lois noticed it too.

Perry looked at Clark like he already knew what he was going to say but asked it anyway, “ Is there something that you know that you need to tell us?”

Lois was silent but crossed her arms over her tan jacket that she was wearing. She was hoping to finally know more about the man she lost her heart too but she was getting impatient when she was truly sure he knew something.

"Spit it out, Clark. Now it is not the time to hold something from us." Lois yelled impatiently.

Perry saw the war that was going inside of Clark's mind and Perry was right about that. Clark's heart was telling him to trust them and to tell the truth and hope they would help keep his identity a secret, his mind, on the other hand, told him to keep the secret and take the test they would know the consequences later on.

"Clark, you can trust us, if you know something we could help your son. Nobody but us will ever know what you told us. You do trust me?" Perry tried to give Clark the encouragement he needed to reveal everything he knew.

This was it, Clark knew that he had no choice. He sighed deeply before he let himself float a few inches from the ground, just enough for Perry and Lois to see but to be unnoticed by the government.

Perry and Lois both gasped when they saw Clark floating.

"I can't take the test because I know the identity of Superman. I am the man they are looking for." Clark sighed

Perry knew he had been hiding something but he hadn't suspect being the Chief of Superman himself.

Lois never saw this coming but everything fitted, the way he used to disappear all the time, it was when Superman was needed. She started to look at Clark with a whole other view. They were going to make a very good team together, but first, they needed to make sure they didn't fail the polygraph test.

"Alright, we promised to not reveal it but the problem is if you're not going to take the polygraph test he will get suspicious. Try to be as calm as possible and I will make sure that if the test fails for you that we will find an excuse of why it failed. We got your back here Clark." Perry said while he places a hand on Clark's shoulder. They would help Clark through this one.

This was worldly news, but this would be a secret Perry was going to protect with his life. This was a scoop he would stop going into the world, no matter how many editions he would sell with this one scoop. Clark was like a son to him and that was the most important thing of all.

comments

chapter 1

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *