The Safest Place
Carrie Rene
Rating: G
Summary: Lois takes the initiative when it comes to her relationship with Clark.

**Note** Sorry I have been MIA for a few months on writing. I had a few medical issues that happened that led me down a dark path. I am finally better where I can function on a daily basis without sorrow and anxiety filling my day.

I have been wanting to write this for a long time, I just wasn’t sure where to place the scenes. Now that I finally have the strength to write again I am writing this. I am also working on my other stories. When I finish Into The Fire; I will begin my other stories that I had in mind before everything happened.

This story takes place after Lucky Leon, I am going with “What If” Mayson had lived after the car explosion. Things will be explained though.

Part 1

Lois stood in front of the mirror checking her hair once again. She was nervous, even though, it was Clark coming over. Lois wasn’t sure how dinner was going to go since she was far from a natural in the kitchen. Yet there were a few times she had tried her best like this past Christmas Eve she had cooked for a large dinner party and the only one that came was Clark.

It had been a few days since their first date. So she had made a light dinner of grilled chicken over a plate of spaghetti noodles covered with a light cream sauce. Lois hoped Clark would appreciate her effort especially since everything that had occurred the past few days.

Lois walked over to the table, picked up the photo of her and Clark at the Kerth Awards last year. Her mind flashed to that night he won and being on his arm. Then her mind flashed to other times they were close especially their first official date. She knew she had been wrong about slamming the door on him after their date. Yet he forgave her and they had shared a breathtaking kiss the next night.

Since that kiss though things had been more than awkward with her and Clark. Clark had acted like it didn’t even happen. She knew he was preoccupied with what had happened to Mayson. The explosion that had left Mayson in a comma was being investigated by the police and the new DEA agent in Metropolis. Yet Clark was still determined to find out who had tried to kill Mayson.

Now he had planned to show up in a few minutes to go over some case files from Mayson’s office. Clark had no idea what Lois had planned. With dinner and discussion maybe tonight Lois and Clark could get back to where they were headed before the explosion.