chapter 1

chapter 2

chapter 3

Chapter 4:

Clark and Wells took a seat at the table that they just had been invited to by, what Clark knew was a very important man for Los Angeles. He couldn't reveal what he knew though, what could he say, "

“hey, don't be shocked because I am sort of human/alien superhero from the future and we all know your legend and therefore I know who you really are? I don't think so!” thought Clark.

“Like I need to hide my ability's I need to hide my knowledge. He is not the only one who needs to lie a bit this time" Clark laughed silently and shook his head what caused Diego and Wells to look at him a little confused.

Diego's intuition kept nagging though, he had no clue what to think of the men in front of them, the more muscular man of the two seemed to have the good values but something told him that there was more than what met the eye, Diego had learned to trust his intuition, it saved his life many times before. It wasn't that he had a bad feeling with these two visitors but something confused him.
Diego studied the men more carefully, the young man with the black hair sure was strong, he saw a lot of strong men in his life as the fox, but bending such a gun like it was nothing at all, that was something he didn't witness very often. Diego was shaken out of thoughts when Victoria arrived with the enchiladas.

“ Thank you Victoria!” responded Diego towards the woman who held his heart.

“ Thank you senorita Victoria.” smiled Clark with a smile only he could, a smile that had the power to melt even the coldest woman.

Victoria blushed and smiled shyly, " enjoy your meal, gentlemen." she said before she turned around to help her other customers.

“ So,...” Diego started a little more harsh than he intended, trying to soften his tone, trying to hide his jealousy, “ Your not from around here are you?”

Clark and Wells looked at each other, for a moment not knowing what to say, Clark was the first one to snap out of it and shook his head, “ no don Diego, we are from a small town in the Americas.”

“ The Americas?” Repeated Diego, “ what brings you to our little town?”

Clark slipped a piece of enchilada in his mouth while he thought, what he could reveal, the young man knew the legend but he asked himself how much of the legend was based on the truth?
He had to risk it, “ You see, someone close to my heart has disappeared and we believe she is held here somewhere, we want to find her, we are going to start looking for her in the morning.
Diego saw in the man's eyes just how important this person was to him, he didn't know the relations between them but he also saw how he had smiled towards his Victoria, could he be so wrong this time? He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind again.

Clark looked up again, “ we are obviously not from here, is there a place where we can rent a horse for our stay here?”
Diego thought for a moment, “what should he do?”

The young De La Vega took a deep breath, " my fathers' ranch is a few miles out of town if you want I will send a servant with some of our horses."
" Thank you, senor, we can't give you much though, we only have American money."

Diego shook his head “ I trust you guys to bring them back to me, please find the person you are looking for.”

Diego felt that Clark and Wells were honest and trustworthy on some level, still with the nagging feeling, there was more to the young, strong man with the black hair.

Diego gave a nod towards his companions, " Gentlemen, it was nice to meet you, but I must be off,
I will send Felipe my servant with two horses, you will find them tied outside in the morning, again, senores thank you very much for what you did for my best friend today." Diego said before he walked towards Victoria, who was standing behind her bar.

“ the meal was excellent like always Victoria, are you sure you are going to be alright?”

Victoria looked at her best friend, " thank you, Diego, yes I will be alright, don't worry."

" I am always worried about you mi Preciosa!" thought the young De La Vega, he kept his thoughts unspoken, he smiled at her instead before leaving the tavern.

S-Z-S-Z

Lois had the worst day of her life, not a drop in sight.

" How am I ever going to survive this!" she thought while groaned and placed the back of head against the pole that she was tied up too, she closed her eyes for a minute, when the door opened again.
She opened her eyes for a brief minute she hoped to see a blue and red suit walking in but that brief moment was shattered when she heard Tempus his voice.

" Not so tough anymore, are we, Miss Lane?" Tempus laughed evilly.

“ Now, I have some water for you, we don't want a dead bait for Superman.” Tempus reached towards Lois with a bowl filled with water and brought it to her lips. He sat the bowl on the ground and reached her a piece of bread, he let her drink again.

“ Don't worry my dear Lois, you won't be alone here for that much longer.” Tempus laughed again, he checked the ropes he tied her up with and left the building again.

The desert sun had made her weak, she had tried to escape, she had tried everything to loosen the ropes but nothing helped, her life was in the hands of her enemy. She groaned again, she would try and get some sleep, her mind traveled again to the person she missed the most of all, her mind traveled towards Clark Kent.

S-Z-S-Z

The night fell over Los Angeles, Diego was pacing around in his cave.

" I don't know Felipe," he told his deaf-mute servant, " I have a strange feeling about tonight." he said with Zorro's mask in his hands, " maybe Zorro will go and have a look in the pueblo, if everything turns out to be at peace, my mind will too."
Diego walked to clothes rack where he hung his Zorro costume and started to change, earlier Felipe had kept Diego's promise towards Clark and Wells and brought them some horses for the rest of their stay.
The young servant had saddled Toronado and the horse was ready to go when Zorro walked towards his stable.

“ I won't be long Felipe, but I need to be sure that everything is alright before I go to sleep.” He waved an adios to his young servant and left the cave.

S-Z-S-Z

Victoria was just finished with the clean up of the tavern and had just closed the bedroom door behind her, she was about to start to make herself ready for bed when she heard a knock on her door. She opened her door slightly, “ Can I help you?”
The man on the other end of the door didn't respond and pushed the door open.

“ What do you want senor?” said while she kept backing away from the door until she wasn't able to go any further.

The man just laughed, " Someone paid a lot of money for you so we could do this the easy way and you come with me or I will need to use force."

“ I will not go anywhere with you! Now leave my room immediately.”

The man laughed again, " No way senorita, you are coming with me, whether you like it or not." Victoria slapped the man on the chest and wanted to make her way towards her door when to arms grabbed her, " feisty, are we? You will not be my problem for long."

The young tavern owner was really scared now, she could think of only one thing left to do in a situation like this.
“ Help me, somebody Help me please...”

comments

Last edited by LadyTpower; 11/05/18 04:42 PM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *