Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Unfortunately I couldn't make it, as my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary took precedence, however there are a few tidbits online.

There are a few videos online of the panels at ComicCon:
rotflol

https://www.facebook.com/comicconparis/videos/nous-sommes-en-live-avec-dean-cain-/282704635696276/

Amateur videos:

Dean gave an interview to a French cinema mag, Première Nothing much new but I thought you might enjoy it nonetheless. Here is a rough translation:

Dean Cain: "Lois and Clark would be an incredible series to relaunch today!"

Superman's cult interpreter, visiting Paris for the Comic-Con, confides to Première.

Between 1993 and 1997, he wore blue tights and red underwear like no one else! Cult Superman on television, in Lois & Clark, actor Dean Cain is visiting Paris this weekend for the Comic-Con. For Première, he looks back at the sudden end of the show, his desire for a revival and the new Superman who have taken over.

You are eagerly awaited today in Paris, for the Comic Con. Does it makes you happy, I suppose, that the fans haven't forgotten you?

Dean Cain: I am very happy to be in Paris, yes! Paris is such a beautiful, romantic and amazing city. I am excited to meet many French fans and to enjoy my time here.

Did you know that for many viewers, you are the most iconic Superman in television?

If people see me as the iconic Superman, I am both humbled and flattered. I enjoyed playing Clark Kent / Superman for 4 years and I am perfectly happy to be recognized for this role all my life. I have made many films and series since Superman, and I have been very fortunate to be able to balance my work and family life. I could be a father present and responsible for my son. I am a single father and my son has just turned 18.

Superman is 80 this year. What does it mean to you personally?

Superman just turned 80 and he's still very good for his age! He's my favorite superhero because he's basically good. He is the most powerful being on Earth, but he is also the most moral and humble. Having been adopted and raised with love and acceptance from his parents, Superman has always embodied good and light. As an actor, it is a great honor to have had the opportunity to play such an emblematic role/character. Even if I would never be as good, humble or immortal as Superman, he is a character who gives me an ideal to follow.

You and Teri Hatcher met in Australia this summer, on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Lois & Clark: Superman's New Adventures. Tell me about this day.

It was fantastic to see Teri Hatcher in Australia last summer and just recently in New York. I think Teri offered the most beautiful incarnation of Lois Lane and I am honored to have been able to play her Clark Kent. It was wonderful to see her again and to be on stage with her and to be able to talk about the characters again. It's been a long time, but for me, it's as if it was yesterday!

You rightly told an Australian channel (7 News Sydney) this summer that Lois & Clark: the new adventures of Superman needs a fifth season. An end, whatever it is. Do you really think that's possible after all these years?

These days, many "old" shows are being relaunched and I think Lois and Clark would be an incredible show to relaunch! I think it would be fabulous to meet Lois and Clark again 25 years later. Let's hope so, still married and madly in love... And maybe even with some Superkids! I know Teri discussed it with Warner Bros. a few years ago and I still think it would be a fantastic idea. We are both parents in real life, and I think it would be very funny to see them 25 years later, worried about their children and to see how their relationship has matured...

How do you remember the cancellation of the show at the time? Do you sometimes feel that Lois & Clark was broadcast too early? That maybe the show would have found its place today, in the era of superheroes?

The way Lois & Clark ended was unfortunate. We were scheduled to film this fifth Season, and we were ready to go, when I received the call saying that Teri was pregnant and that we would not be able to shoot it. It was over for us. Just like that. In the middle of a summer break. There is no final episode, no real goodbyes. Just the end.... It was a great disappointment for the fans and I found it hard to put an end to such a remarkable series. Lois & Clark was the only superhero show of their time and perhaps a precursor to all the different superhero shows broadcast today. Maybe we were ahead of our time... It means something to be the only superhero series on the air, right?

You and Teri worked together on Supergirl last year during an episode of Season 2 ("Exodus"). How was it? How was it?

I have enjoyed appearing in Supergirl as Kara's foster father for the past 3 seasons. I think Melissa Benoist is doing a remarkable job with this character. And yes, it was cool to see Teri and I appear in the same episode. But the truth is, we didn't even see each other on the set! We filmed our roles a few weeks apart, so we weren't together...

What do you think of the latest Superman on television, Tyler Hoechlin, in Supergirl right?

Tyler Hoechlin is doing an excellent job. He has the right mix of friendliness, kindness and seriousness to play both Clark and Superman well. I really appreciate Tyler's version and I wouldn't be surprised, if he had his own show, very soon...

Henry Cavill decided a few weeks ago to stop being Superman in the DC Universe movies. What do you think of this decision, which surprised many people?

First of all, I think Henry Cavill is a very good actor. He was very good in the latest versions of Superman, but I found the worlds (DC movies) too dark for my taste. Zack Snyder is a very talented filmmaker, but this dark and anguished world is simply not my favorite world for Superman. Personally, I prefer Superman to be a bright, positive and kind character. And if Henry Cavill has indeed hung up the cape, I wish him good luck. Anyway, once you've been Superman, you stay Superman forever!

(Original source : http://www.premiere.fr/Series/News-...-serie-incroyable-a-relancer-aujourdhui- )

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
thank you for sharing this

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
You're welcome! smile

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard