Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#282320 10/26/18 05:22 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A/N I came across Mouserocks's Least Likely Reveal challenge and immediately knew what I must do. I hope y'all enjoy. laugh
----------

She had to know it was him.

Lois stared as the shockwaves from the bomb made him burp. The look she was giving him... She knew. Obviously, she knew! This was such a stupid plan; did he really expect an award-winning investigative journalist to be fooled by a flashy costume and some hair gel? Oh, and he'd taken off his glasses; what a master of disguise! She was probably writing up the story in her head at this very moment...

“Please don't tell anyone!” he blurted.

She blinked at him. “What?”

His words came out in a rush. “I know it's an easy Pulitzer, Lois, but I'm begging you, please don't tell anyone that I can do these things! I just wanted to help people, and I'm tired of hiding and moving from place to place every time someone starts to get suspicious that I might be more than just an ordinary kid from Kansas!”

“...Clark...?”

“It was my mother's idea!” he lamented. “She thought for sure that nobody would recognize me, but I should have realized it wouldn't take you very long. Please don't say anything, Lois, I'm begging you! Our lives would be over!”

Her jaw worked silently for a minute, then she reached out and put a hand on his spandex-covered shoulder. “O-okay, Clark, okay! I...I won't tell anyone that you're...” She looked him over. “...Spandex Man, or whatever this is.”

He breathed a deep sigh of relief. “You promise?”

“On my honor,” she pledged, her voice gaining strength, and she gave his shoulder a firm pat. “Though, of course, it's only fair that you give me some exclusives...”

Clark nodded. “Of course! Anything!”

“Maybe a full interview?” she continued. “Leaving a few details out, of course.”

“Absolutely,” Clark agreed.

Just then, the other passengers and personnel of the Messenger came to investigate the source of the alarm. Lois pointed at the slashed wires sticking out of the wall panel. “There was a bomb. He...Um, well, it's gone, now.”

For the first time since putting on the suit, Clark felt himself relax. Maybe this new “costumed hero” thing wouldn't be so bad after all...

The End

~•~
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I like this amazing little piece x

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard