Clark nodded at Bruce and took a swift look around at the dank, dark medical theater. He was more than ready to leave the depressing and terrifying place. “I’ll take L…Spitfire up first,” he said, almost slipping and using Lois’ name. He was desperate to keep her true identity hidden from Jason. “Hopefully a few minutes out in the sun will get me back up to snuff, then I can airlift Bane to Arkham Prison.”

“I’ll keep an eye on Harley, Jason, and Bane while you do so,” Bruce agreed.

“You want me to knock Jason out?” Clark offered. “I should still have enough of that gas left over to do the trick.”

Bruce shook his head. “No. In a way, he’s been through enough at Joker’s hands. I refuse to add to things.”

Clark shrugged. “Suit yourself.” He looked toward Lois and found her expression as heated as ever. He didn’t blame her for her anger, but he’d hoped that, by working together as a team, she would have come to forgive him, at least a little bit. “Ready?”

“I’ve been ready since I first stepped foot on this God-forsaken little island,” she replied darkly. She shuddered as she began walking to the door. “To think that people once lived here, year ‘round.” She shivered again, and rubbed her shoulders as if to rid herself of the dark images the place brought to mind.

“I know,” Clark said softly, holding the door open for her to pass through first. “I hate to say it but…I’m glad the fire damage was too extensive to rebuild this place. The experiments and the ‘treatments’ they provided here…” He let his voice trail off. “And that’s just what was proven to be true. If half of the rumors about this place are to be believed…the world is better off without places like this.”

“I’ve heard the same rumors,” Lois said, in a voice that matched Clark’s. “And…I agree. It’s better that this place was destroyed beyond repair.” She frowned and her shoulders slumped a bit. “Those poor people. Basically imprisoned here. Experimented on. Never allowed to leave, except in a body bag. I feel like…and I know it sounds crazy but…it almost feels like their spirits haunt this place. I know it’s probably just because this place is rundown and abandoned and almost falling apart around us. But…” She shrugged, leaving her statement leaving in the musty, damp air.

“It’s not so crazy, Lois,” Clark said as they reached the elevator. “In a way, I feel it too. I guess…I guess, for me, it’s different. How much different would my life have been, if I’d been discovered when my ship landed by some scientists instead of by my parents?”

Lois’ frown deepened and she appeared thoughtful. “Maybe,” she allowed.

“That was always my parents’ worst fear,” Clark continued, as he stepped into the elevator car. “That I’d be discovered as someone different, captured, and dissected in a lab like a frog.” He paused as Lois stepped to his side. His finger hovered over the button that would bring them almost to the roof. “Let’s hope this thing holds out,” he said with a side glance at her.

“It better,” Lois agreed. “I’ve already spent more time than I wanted to in here.”

Clark pushed the button with his thumb. Mercifully, the elevator began to move. It was slow – painfully so – but it was moving. Clark dared to breathe a sigh of relief, despite the ominous, but subtle creaking as the car ascended.

“Finally, some luck,” he mumbled.

Lois shrugged. “It worked well enough when I got here. But, with these old things, you never know.”

“How did you get here?” Clark asked as the elevator made its molasses-like climb to the top floor. “I’ve been meaning to ask but, well, you know.” He absently rubbed at his shoulder.

“That’s on a need to know basis,” Lois replied, looking at him to gauge his reaction.

“That’s fine,” Clark said coolly, as if it didn’t matter. “I’ll just ask Alfred.”

“Cheater,” Lois huffed. Then, “Fine. It was right after you figured out that Bruce was taken here, to Arkham Asylum. I was – and still am – mad about being lied to and then sidelined. I made Alfred give me a suit and whatever gadgets he thought I might need. He didn’t want to but…”

“She threatened him,” Jimmy helpfully piped up over the earpiece.

“You’re dead meat, Olsen,” Lois shot back. Then, off Clark’s questioning look, “I didn’t threaten him, per se. I just…persuaded him.” She shrugged casually.

“Loudly and almost violently,” Jimmy whispered conspiratorially.

“I’m sorry, Alfred,” Clark apologized, but the older man chose not to answer.

Probably a wise move, his inner voice acknowledged.

“I grabbed a motorcycle and got over here as fast as I could,” Lois continued. “It had this…converter thing on it that basically made it a jet ski when I got to the docks.”

“Was it…black and icy blue?” Clark asked. “Like your outfit?”

“Actually…yes. Why?” she answered, suspicion in her words.

“I guess he decided to give you all of my old gear,” Clark said with a chuckle. “Including my old bike. But, uh…I had no idea you knew how to drive a motorcycle.”

Again, she shrugged. “I dated a guy in college for a semester. He owned a bike and taught me the basics, all while sleeping with my now ex-best friend.”

“Ouch,” Clark winced. Then he slapped his forehead. “Of course!” he groaned. “You didn’t come in via the roof! You came in from the ground floor. I’m sorry. I guess I’m used to Superman coming in from above. As soon as my powers are functioning again, I’ll bring you down to your vehicle if you want. Or I can fly you back to the manor, if you can stand the thought of me touching you.”

“We’ll see,” she replied, her tone noncommittal. But, he reasoned, at least she wasn’t being outwardly hostile toward him. That had to count for something.

A moment later, the elevator reached its destination. The rusty doors creaked open and let them off on the top floor. Clark stepped out into the hallway, which was flooded with light from the numerous windows opposite the elevator. Almost entranced by the sunlight, he walked forward, toward the first broken window. It was further away than the others, but, because the glass was missing, it had the benefit of letting the light in without being filtered through years of caked on grime.

He stuck his head out through the opening and closed his eyes as the healing rays of light began to work their magic. He took a deep breath, trying to cleanse the foul stench of the building out of his lungs, but wound up coughing in pain from his battered ribcage. He leaned heavily on the windowsill, and allowed his head to hang down and rest on his chest. For a long moment he stayed like that, as still as a statue, just letting his battered body drink in the nourishing sunlight. He heard Lois’ footsteps approaching behind him.

“Hey,” she said a little uncertainly. “Are you okay?”

“I will be,” Clark said, “after I get enough sunlight.” He grimaced and involuntarily grunted.

“What’s wrong?” Fear leaked into Lois’ words.

“I think…Bane…broke a couple of…ribs. It…I can feel them…healing,” Clark panted against the uncomfortable feeling in his chest. “Hurts a bit.”

His body contorted in pain for a couple more minutes, then, slowly, the feeling dissipated. He sighed and his body sagged in relief, forcing him to rely on the windowsill to keep him standing. Then, by degrees, he straightened up, standing to his full height. Gently, he probed his chest with his fingers, exploring as he checked for any signs that he wasn’t fully recovered. But he found nothing to suggest that his body wasn’t whole again. Gingerly, he reached up to the eye Bane had blackened, and found the swelling to be much improved. His vision was clearer too.

“How’s it going up there?” Bruce asked impatiently.

“Heading out to the roof now,” Clark responded. “I just needed a minute to recover.”

“And your powers?” Bruce inquired.

Clark paused and ran through them all.

“Coming back,” he confirmed as his super hearing picked up the sound of a roach skittering down the hall a few floors beneath him. “Not completely yet. No heat vision, super breath, or flight yet. And I’m not entirely sure about my invulnerability. I’m not too eager to test that just yet,” he weakly joked. “Hopefully, once I get outside, they’ll start returning faster.”

“Then what are you waiting for?” Bruce urged. “Get out there!”

“All right, all right, keep your utility belt on,” Clark replied with a chuckle. “I’m going.” He nodded in the direction of the stairs. “This way,” he told Lois.

Side by side, they walked down the hall to the stairwell that would lead them to the roof. Lois was silent the entire time, and Clark grew more nervous with each second that ticked by. A silent Lois was the one thing on Earth he’d learned to fear more than Kryptonite. Twice, he tried to say something – anything – that would get her talking. But each time, the words died in his throat and he found himself unable to utter a word.

“Ladies first,” he offered when they reached the narrow stairway.

Lois nodded and headed up the stairs, each footstep ringing in the empty space around her. Clark followed behind, eager to get out into the refreshing, energizing sunlight. When he finally did walk through that door and out into the fresh air, it was one of the greatest moments of relief for Clark. He breathed deeply, as if he couldn’t get enough of the untainted air out there on the roof. The heat of the sun felt good on his body. He felt more alive than he had since he’d first stepped foot into that God-forsaken old asylum. Every cell in his body seemed to nearly vibrate with vitality and health.

He closed his eyes and spread his arms out, as if he could embrace all of the light and bring its healing essence into his body. After two minutes, he felt his feet leaving the rooftop as he floated upwards. His eyes popped open and he grinned brightly.

“I’m back,” he said, more to himself than to the others. “Bruce? Hang on, I’m heading down to you.” He landed with whisper gentleness on the roof once more. “Lois?”

“Go,” she said, waving him away. “Give him a hand and then we can figure out how I’m getting back to Wayne Manor.”

Clark nodded unsurely. “If that’s what you want,” he allowed.

“Go!” Lois said, this time a little more forcefully.

Clark nodded one more time, then took a step backwards. A heartbeat later, he used his speed to zip back down the steps and into the building. He felt revitalized, but like his speed was still suffering from his Kryptonite poisoning. No matter. He was fast enough, he reckoned. Still, it annoyed him to have to slow down to take the elevator into the basement, and he had to wonder why in the world no one had ever seen fit to put in a couple of flights of stairs to reach those levels. But even as he questioned the logic, the answer came to him.

Control. The basement levels can only be accessed if a key is inserted. Joker or Jason or whoever got the generator working had it hotwired to work without it. But back in the day, when patients were here, none of them would have been able to wander down here on their own.

“It was a prison,” he said under his breath.

“What was that?” Lois asked.

“Oh, uh, nothing. Just lost in my own thoughts,” he answered. “Never mind. Bruce, the elevator is on the way. Be there in a few seconds.”

“Good. Harley is groggy, but awake,” Bruce said.

“Can you handle both Harley and Jason?” Clark asked. “I can take Bane, now that my strength is back, but he’s literally going to be a handful.”

“I can take them,” Bruce confirmed.

The elevator touched down on the sub-basement floor. Clark whooshed off the car and into the room where Bruce was waiting, the second the elevator was still. He came to a stop next to Bane’s unconscious form.

“Are you sure you’ve got them both?” he asked Bruce.

“I’m fine.”

“Okay. I’ll take Bane directly over to Arkham Prison,” Clark informed him. “Powers or not, I don’t want to risk him waking up before he’s safely behind bars again.”

“Good idea,” Bruce agreed.

“But…what about them?” Clark asked, rubbing his chin in thought. “Now that they know who you really are…how do we stop them from ratting out Batman’s secret identity to the police?”

Bruce shook his head while Clark squatted down next to where Bane was sprawled on the floor. “Commissioner Gordon has always suspected me, I think. Worst comes to worst, I’ll talk to him and see what he can do about keeping the secret. I doubt it’ll work, but…if we play the insanity cards against these two, we might stand a chance of casting doubt on whatever claims they want to make against me.”

“Doesn’t sound promising, if you ask me,” Clark complained.

“It’s the best we’ve got,” Bruce pointed out unhappily.

Clark lifted the behemoth man onto his shoulders. Even with his strength returned back to normal, Bane was shockingly heavy. Slowly, Clark stood up, lifting from his knees until he was stretched to his full height.

“Take the elevator,” he told Bruce. “I’ll follow behind you. The main floor’s door is broken. I can get out of the elevator shaft that way, then use the stairwells. I’ll wait until you’re up near the top, to make sure our friend here doesn’t get electrocuted or anything.”

“Works for me,” Bruce said. He turned to Harley. “Let’s do this the easy way, shall we?”

Harley looked both drowsy and defeated. “Whatever.”

“Good. On your feet,” Bruce commanded.

In a few moments, they were all on their way. Once Clark got the all-clear from Bruce, he airlifted Bane up and out of the crumbling asylum. It felt just as good getting out into the sunlight a second time as it had the first. Clark felt himself recharging even as he flew above the harbor, heading to Arkham Prison. The officers on duty at the gate were more than shocked to see Superman descending from the sky with a man more than twice his size slung over his shoulders like a sack of flour.

“Officers,” Clark greeted them cordially. “I have something that belongs to you.”

“Bane! He’s been missing for a month. We’ve exhausted every avenue looking for him,” the lanky, dark-skinned R. Richards said. “Where’d you find him?”

Clark chuckled a little. “More like he found me, in a way. I was checking into a situation at the old Arkham Asylum. He made the mistake of attacking.”

“Looks like he’s out cold,” the other man, W. Tomago, observed.

Clark nodded. “He’s been given a couple of doses of a sedative. Honestly, I’m not sure how long it’ll last. If you’ll show me the cell where you’d like me to put him, I’d be happy to help you get him locked up.”

“Can’t argue with that offer. Thanks, Superman,” Richards said with a nod. “Follow me. Tomago? You okay to hold things here on your own?”

“Sure thing, Boss,” the younger man said with a solemn nod.

“New guy,” Richards explained as he unlocked the door to the prison and led Clark inside. “I gotta ask one thing though, Superman. A sedative? I didn’t think you were the type to need that on criminals.”

“Usually, no. But it wasn’t my handiwork. However, in this case, I’m very grateful for the assistance I was given in subduing Bane. He’s…a handful, to say the least,” Clark replied.

“You’re welcome,” he heard Lois say in his ear, sounding pleased and proud of herself.

“No kidding! So…the Asylum, huh?” Richards asked. “You wouldn’t happen to be the one responsible for catching all those other bad guys at the warehouse on the docks, would you? I heard all about it over the radio. The other officers said it was like Christmas Eve, finding all those criminals trussed up and waiting like gifts under the tree.”

Clark nodded. “The asylum was crawling with criminals. It seemed to be their headquarters.”

“No one’s been there in years,” Richards said, stopping to unlock another door. He locked it again after Clark stepped through. “No wonder we couldn’t find Bane.”

“Even if anyone had been there, everything seems to have been kept to the sub-basement levels,” Clark said.

“Makes sense,” Richards agreed with a shrug. “Down this hall, Superman.”

After a few more minutes, Bane was safely secured in a specialized cell that had been built to contain even his enormous strength. Clark was impressed with the design and said as much to Richards.

“It’s worked well…until the last raid on the prison. Joker’s handiwork,” Richards sighed.

“No, it wasn’t Joker,” Clark informed him. “It was his successor. Joker’s dead.”

“You’re serious?” the officer said as he led the way back out of the prison.

“I saw Joker’s preserved body,” Clark said with a nod. “From what I gather…he’s been dead a while.”

“So all the crimes being committed in his name…”

“Were ordered by another man who used Joker’s identity,” Clark finished for him. “You’ll see for yourself when I bring him over. I’m heading back as soon as we get outside.”

“Well, Joker or no Joker, whoever it is, I’ll be glad to see him taken off the streets.”

“On my way back,” Clark announced as he rocketed toward the Arkham Asylum, where Bruce and Lois waited, keeping watch over Jason Todd and Harley Quinn. “We need to move fast. Gotham PD is on alert and preparing to roll out and get the building processed.”

“Nothing yet that I can see,” Jimmy informed them all. “I’ll keep you in the loop though.”

“Thanks, Jimmy,” Lois replied.

Oracle, please,” Jimmy quipped easily, sounding in high spirits now that the immediate danger was over.

“I’m maybe twenty seconds away,” Clark said as he tried to force himself to move faster, but he was already going as fast as he could without breaking the sound barrier. And that was only because he had no idea if he might blow out his friends’ eardrums accidently if he created a sonic boom. “I can see the rooftop.”

“Good,” Bruce said.

A movement caught Clark’s eye. He zoomed in with his enhanced vision and stretched out his hearing. Harley Quinn, now bound with her hands behind her back, was standing shakily, partially leaning against the knee-high wall that surrounded the rooftop. Jason was scowling angrily.

“This is your fault,” Jason hissed at Harley. “If you’d done your job, Superman wouldn’t have gotten as far as he has.”

Harley said nothing, choosing, instead, to merely sulk. In fact, she seemed almost not to hear him, as if she was lost in thought.

“You’re worthless,” Jason spat at her. “I should have killed you along with that master of yours that you once fawned over like a dog!”

That snapped Harley out of her silence. With a roar, she lunged at Jason. Clark saw her intention a second before she moved. He cried out to Lois and Bruce and urged his speed to increase.

“Harley!” he yelled to them.

Bruce made a lunge for Jason. Lois threw herself at Harley. Both were a fraction of a second too late.

“This is for Mr. J!” Harley screamed as she slammed into Jason.

The force was enough to send Jason hurtling over the wall. But in a last-ditch effort to either save himself or take her down with him, he managed a grip on Harley’s shirt. As he fell, he dragged Harley down with him.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion as Clark raced to the asylum. He saw Lois just narrowly miss grabbing Harley’s shirt in an attempt to save her. He saw Bruce’s arms encircle nothing as he dove for Jason. He watched in horror as Jason and Harley plummeted to the rocky shore around the building.

“Earpieces! Out!” Clark commanded as he increased his speed again.

It was too late.

Jason’s body hit the spiked pole of the rusted barbed wire fence that stood sentinel around the asylum. The pointed top skewered Jason directly through his lower chest, tearing through his diaphragm. Immediately, Jason’s body went slack. A few gurgles escaped his damaged lungs as his last breath was expelled.

Harley was not so lucky to have a quick death. She fell awkwardly on top of Jason, and the spike went through her neck, cutting her carotid artery. Massive amounts of blood started to pump from her body with every faltering beat of her heart. Clark knew, even before he got to her, a scant three seconds later, there was no saving her. She was already becoming unresponsive and a death rattle had begun. He desperately wanted to save her, even if she was a criminal, but he feared to move her and do more damage to her already dying body. And there was no hope of her holding on until he could get an EMT to the scene, even if he flew one in himself.

“I’m…coming…Mr. J.”

With those words, Harley Quinn - the woman who’d terrorized Gotham for years with the Joker - died.

“I…tried,” Clark told her unmoving form. He reached out and gently closed her eyes, which had been opened wide in shock and perhaps pain. “I hope you find some peace. Both of you.”

He turned and floated up to the roof, where Lois and Bruce were peering over the ledge down on the scene. He landed heavily, the weight of his failure to get to Jason and Harley crushing his heart. He knew, of course, that it wasn’t his fault. He’d done all he could to try to make it in time. And he knew that he should, perhaps, feel relief that Bruce’s identity was safe now. But all he felt was a sense of failure and personal responsibility for the two deaths.

“I…” he said, his mouth dry. He forced himself to try swallow and moisten his mouth before trying again. “I came as fast as I could.” He couldn’t meet their gazes.

“We know,” Bruce said, putting a hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture. “And we appreciate the warning to remove our earpieces. We got them out just in time, before you tore the sky apart.”

In his intense focus on the falling bodies, Clark hadn’t even realized he’d created a sonic boom. He mutely nodded at Bruce.

“Now that Bruce is done putting words in my mouth, can we go?” Lois asked impatiently. “I can hear police sirens and I don’t think any of us want to be here when the cops arrive.” She gave Clark a side glance. “Well, I guess you should be here. But Bruce’s mask is pretty flimsy.”

“Cowl,” Bruce and Clark reflexively corrected together.

“I don’t care if it’s a child’s Halloween prop. Bruce’s identity is still close to exposed.”

“You’re right,” Clark admitted.

“The Batwing is already on the way,” Alfred informed Clark. “If Master Jimmy ever stops having fun with the controls.”

“But it’s so cool!” Jimmy argued with a chuckle, and Clark motioned for Lois and Bruce to replace their ear pieces. “It’s like a real-life video game!” There was unabashed thrill in his voice.

“Jimmy,” Clark said, rolling his eyes and biting back a laugh.

“You break it, you bought it,” Bruce joked flatly.

“Yeah, yeah. It’s coming. Should be there in a minute or two.”

“Thanks, Jimmy,” Clark replied. “Okay, once it gets here, you two head back. I’ll stay put and show the officers to Jason’s ‘trophy room’ and the few thugs still inside. As soon as I can, I’ll meet everyone back at Wayne Manor. And then…I can finally apologize…the right way, to all of you.”

“Okay,” Bruce agreed. “But one thing first. Can you get me a sample of both Jason and Harley’s blood?”

“What for?” Clark asked, frowning at the morbid thought.

“That’s creepy,” Lois said at the same time.

“I took a sample of Joker’s blood years ago, to try and figure out if there was a cure for his insanity. I never found one, but the way Jason was acting…Joker tried to infect me with his blood once, to spread whatever it was that caused his madness. He failed but I’m starting to think he may have done it to Jason,” Bruce quickly explained. “Even with being tortured for years…Jason was never like this. I’m having a hard time believing he could have turned into such a madman without a little extra nudge. And Harley…I’ve never been sure about her mental state either.”

“So, you want to compare their blood to Joker’s,” Clark said with understanding. “Okay. You have something I can take a sample with?”

Bruce reached into his utility belt and produced two tiny, empty Petri dishes. “Here. It’s not ideal, but it’ll have to do.”

“What? You just carry this stuff around?” Clark teased, astonished that his friend had something like that on him.

“I started carrying them last year,” Bruce said as Clark took the dishes. “They’ve been helpful on occasion for keeping evidence safe.”

“Okay,” Clark said with a shrug. “Be right back.”

He flew down to the bodies and began the grim task of collecting blood samples. Gingerly, he placed the first dish beneath Jason’s wound, letting the dripping blood fall into it. Once he thought he’d collected enough, he placed the lid on tightly and opened the second one. Harley was a little harder. She’d lost a considerable amount of blood in the seconds just after she’d received her fatal wound. He was able to collect a far less amount by pressing the plate to her neck and catching the small trickle of blood that slowly seeped from her body. He capped that dish as well, then brought them both to Bruce.

“Harley’s,” he said as he handed the dish with the smaller amount of blood over. “And Jason’s.”

“Perfect. This should be more than enough,” Bruce said approvingly as he inspected the Petri dishes. “Thanks.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, your ride awaits,” Jimmy announced as the Batwing came into view.

“Excellent timing,” Clark praised his friend.

The Batwing came in closer, then gently came in touch down on the rooftop. Bruce gestured to Lois. “After you.”

“See you in a bit,” Clark promised them both.

He stayed in place just long enough to watch Bruce climb into the pilot’s seat and Lois hoist herself up and into the passenger’s seat. He heard the thrum of the engine as Bruce took the controls and lifted off the roof. For a moment, the small plane dipped down, out of sight, only to reappear a minute later, with Clark’s old motorcycle securely gripped in the plane’s mechanical claw. Then it was off, vanishing into the bright blue sky. He only hoped that the Batwing would be silent and swift enough to not draw attention to itself. None of them could risk anyone trying to track the small plane, even if Clark knew that Bruce and Lois would be relatively safe. No one could breach the tunnels that led to the Batcave, and there were several checkpoints along the way that would stop anyone who happened to have the astronomical luck to make it past the heavily fortified and hidden doors that led into the tunnels.

Not waiting to watch the Batwing fly out of sight, Clark flew down from the roof and across the water to the docks. He could hear the first few police cruisers getting closer – their sirens became louder with every beat of his heart. He simply waited there, letting the officers come to him while he continued to let the sunlight fuel his powers. He thought that perhaps he might be fully recharged now, but he wasn’t completely sure – not after the close contact with the Kryptonite and the enormous speed he’d used in trying to save Jason and Harley. He figured it was safer to wait patiently for the police to arrive than to foolishly expend whatever energy he’d managed to regain.

It didn’t take too long. The first cruiser raced around the corner and skidded into a stop. The passenger side door opened almost before the vehicle had completely ceased movement. A short, blonde woman jumped out. She rushed to Clark’s side.

“Superman, glad to see you in Gotham,” she greeted him. “Inspector Katrina Wales. I’m heading this case. Commissioner Gordon should be here soon.”

“Glad to meet you,” Clark offered, shaking her hand. Quickly, he filled her in on what he’d found in the abandoned asylum. “There’s still a couple of Jason’s followers inside. I haven’t had the chance yet to bring them over. I can do it now, if you’d like.”

“Please,” Inspector Wales said with a nod. “Erickson! When Superman brings them over, take them to the station and get them processed.”

“Will do,” the man said obediently.

“Be right back,” Clark told them both. In a flash, he returned to the building and retrieved the man and woman he’d locked up earlier, while he’d attempted to free Bruce. He returned with them both in tow and gently set them down on the dock.

“Well, well, well,” Wales said with a smirk. “Screwball and Lady Satan.” She clucked her tongue. “We’ve been looking for you for a while. Got a nice warrant for your arrest in connection to the murder of that priest a couple of months ago. Father Gerald Hommes. You two are in a whole lot of trouble.”

She watched as Erickson and another officer cuffed the suspects and read them their rights. Then she looked back to Clark.

“Thanks, Superman. We’ve been looking for these two. You really did us a favor just now.”

“Just happy to see justice prevail,” Clark replied. “I wish I’d been able to save Harley Quinn and Jason, so that they could have paid for their crimes.” He sighed. “If your team is ready, I can show you where Jason had his base.”

“Absolutely. Looks like the boats are arriving,” Wales said with a nod. “I think I can speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate what you’re doing.” She waved and gave a sharp whistle to the approaching boats. “Over here, boys! Hope you’re ready. Superman says we’ve got our work cut out for us.”

To Be Continued…

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon