Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So, much as I tried to avoid it, I decided that since there'd been a Mayson Drake Quotable, there should be one for Scardino, too. He's...not my favorite, though I tried to keep him in character without maligning him too badly.

Dr. Friskin was fun. Though I really WANTED to do Constance Hunter, this is what came out when I sat down to write.

As always, Jonathan Kent's is my favorite. I probably could do one of these just with him in every episode (at least the ones in which he makes an appearance), so I hope you're not all sick of him!

And finally, after all these years, I did the actual canon revelation scene. I've always wanted to tackle it but have never felt I could add enough to it to make it worthwhile so this was a really fun opportunity!

And that brings us to the end of season 2 -- we're halfway through!

Last edited by AntiKryptonite; 08/20/18 11:30 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Quotable 40:

So he stared. Maybe even gaped. Sheesh, a guy couldn’t be expected to completely keep his game face on with such unexpected news. He’d done everything right, after all--the unique gifts, the tragic backstory, letting her know he cared enough to keep watch over her, the compliments, he’d even saved her life.

And now this?

'Fraid so Danny boy! The lady has made up her mind who has her heart and it ain't you!

Quotable 41:

Dr. Friskin felt the truth of her own revelation sink deep into her bones, shaking loose all her own thoughts on the superhero, upending all the notes she’d made in her notepad that now had to be locked in a vault just to keep it from any interested snoop or dangerous criminal.

The superhero.

That was her problem, and Lois Lane’s, maybe even Superman’s.

Because a superhero could only exist if, first, there was a hero.

“First and foremost,” Dr. Friskin said. To Lois. To herself. To the absent Superman. “He’s a person.”

Classy. The good doctor realized that Superman is not an idol to be worshiped and adored, but a flesh and blood man. Once that was clarified in her mind she could treat both man and Lois.

Brilliant.

Quotable 42:

You want the best for your son because you’re a parent and that’s what parents do. You want the best for him because he’s good and kind and heroic and any good person wants to see good rewarded. You want the best for him because it’s only right.

I have been reading FoLC a long time and sadly Jonathan is always the quiet tower of strength for everyone. Here I can see/hear/feel his gentle heart breaking. Kudos for writing him with such compassion and fatherly pride, which is just what Jonathan deserves.

Quotable 43:

“The way you just touched me…” she whispers. And sees it. There. In his eyes. Scared and cautious and yearning all at once. An expression she has seen countless times.

Her partner. Her friend.

Clark Kent.

Her last thought is that she did, after all, get to tell Clark she loved him before the end.

You know, I always wondered just when in this episode Lois put it all together after he touched her cheek. This makes so much sense!

Thanks Anti-K! Again, welcome back!

Hey, what about Constance Hunter?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for the encouraging words, Morgana -- glad Scardino didn't scare you away! I loved getting to imagine Lois putting everything together in that brief moment when Superman touched her cheek, so yay for it making sense to you!

No Constance Hunter for now -- I'm just trying to focus on getting through the rest of the Quotables first!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard