Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
*rubs hands together and laughs maniacally*

Alright. I'm back at it. Monday/Wednesday posting schedule still. This will be the comments thread for chapters 22-34. Also, for the purpose of shorthand, I may refer to this as OtLWD or even just LWD. laugh

Chapter 22 is up and ready to read! Hope you enjoy this slow descent into chaos as much as I do. grin

Last edited by Mouserocks; 07/18/18 03:04 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Emma!

The flashback! Oh, this one really makes you feel for Clark....and I almost feel bad for Lex. (That's what you're trying to make me do, isn't it?)

Great start to ACT 2. Looking forward to the rest.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
The flashback! Oh, this one really makes you feel for Clark....and I almost feel bad for Lex. (That's what you're trying to make me do, isn't it?)
Haha, trying. goofy It's a difficult task. I'm glad the sympathy for Clark comes through though.

Great start to ACT 2. Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks! Chapter 23 is up and ready to read!

(Side note: Keep your eyes peeled for cameos in this Act, they're hidden all over the place. evil )

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Happy Monday! Chapter 24 is up and ready to read! Let me know your thoughts!

--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whew, I was starting to worry that Lex wasn't going to do anything worse in this story than be too clingy! lol

Clark had better watch his shiny blue butt though. Lois's charms won't outweigh her danger to him forever (will they?).

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Endelda
Whew, I was starting to worry that Lex wasn't going to do anything worse in this story than be too clingy!
Haha, yup! Don't worry too much about Lex. As this Perry would quote Frank saying, the worst is yet to come!

Clark had better watch his shiny blue butt though. Lois's charms won't outweigh her danger to him forever (will they?).

laugh That's what the cape's for, to cover his butt....

Yeah, it's definitely going to be a fine line. More to come on that soon! 25 will be up Wednesday with more.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Is it Wednesday already? Here's Chapter 25 , short and sweet. Enjoy!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 07/18/18 03:03 PM.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So... after midnight technically makes it Monday... so here's Chapter 26 a little bit early! Happy reading!

--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, every time he turns around Lex's timing gets worse and worse. First he shows up in Smallville just in time to make the world's worst life-long enemy, now he blusters just hard enough to convince Lois he's the villain in the piece.

Also, rofl at Clark getting in his own way.

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow, every time he turns around Lex's timing gets worse and worse. First he shows up in Smallville just in time to make the world's worst life-long enemy, now he blusters just hard enough to convince Lois he's the villain in the piece.
evil Oh yeah. Lex's desperation and ill-timing will dog him left and right throughout.

Also, rofl at Clark getting in his own way.

Haha, well Lex can't be the only one with bad timing. Things are going to start spiraling, and spiraling fast. devil

Oh, and is it Wednesday? It is! Chapter 27 is up and posted!

--Mark Twain
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I read chapter 1 when you first posted it and am very much looking forward to it being finished so I can read it, mouse! (still needs to figure out the pom poms)

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I barely recognize Clark “Superman” Kent. Boss. Crime Lord extraordinaire. Not a resume I would want attached to my name. Can he sink any lower? spider :Forget that I asked that question.... Lois, beware! Lex is the least of your problems. devil And the Congressmen was probably the intended recipient of the cocaine. shock

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW!! This just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Lex seems to have made an unfortunate (for Clark) connection between Kent and Kansas, and Clark is showing more of his scaly underbelly in this chapter (ew).

Drab and judgemental Cat made me clap and I forgot to mention it, but didn't an earlier chapter mention that this Bobby's meal-based payment plan involved doing a shift in his soup kitchen instead of buying him a dinner? Your character changes are always so interesting and surprising!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
I read chapter 1 when you first posted it and am very much looking forward to it being finished so I can read it, mouse! (still needs to figure out the pom poms)

Haha! Thanks for the cheerleading, PuffyTiger! You've got a while yet before reading this one, trust me, so don't sweat it. wink

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I barely recognize Clark “Superman” Kent. Boss. Crime Lord extraordinaire. Not a resume I would want attached to my name.
devil Yep. Definitely a lot's been bent about Clark. To be fair, I did warn you...

Can he sink any lower? spider :Forget that I asked that question....
lol Smart. Don't ask a question you don't want answered. But also, he might surprise you. "Might" being the operative word.

Lois, beware! Lex is the least of your problems. And the Congressmen was probably the intended recipient of the cocaine. shock

Trust your instincts. wink More to come on Harrington in the next chapter or two.

Thanks for your comments, glad you're still reading! More to come Monday morning!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
WOW!! This just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Haha, could have been an alternate title for this. goofy

Lex seems to have made an unfortunate (for Clark) connection between Kent and Kansas
Yep! More info to come on Kansas in the next chapter.

and Clark is showing more of his scaly underbelly in this chapter (ew).
Hahaha! Yes. Couldn't let you guys go and think he was too nice a guy... and he hadn't done anything too underhanded/wrong/terrible in a while. Victor is a necessary sacrifice, even if Clark isn't the one to pull the trigger, he's responsible.

Drab and judgemental Cat made me clap and I forgot to mention it, but didn't an earlier chapter mention that this Bobby's meal-based payment plan involved doing a shift in his soup kitchen instead of buying him a dinner? Your character changes are always so interesting and surprising!

Thank you! I had fun with a lot of these. Some of them involved flipping the characters completely, or twisting them in specific ways... But I had no "grand scheme" plans for Cat Grant, so I thought it'd be funny to see a Cat who has zero fashion sense (not that she had much of one in the show beyond "stripper theme" clothes) and is far less amenable. Bobby's shift, on the other hand, was maybe more subtle, but just as fun. Figured he could get his information down at the docks or at the shelter but in a different way than in canon.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Happy Monday! Chapter 28 is up!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Is it Wednesday already? Goodness, this has been a long week. On the bright side, here's Chapter 29 ! Not only does this chapter one of my favorite parts in the whole fic, you also get a little action! wink Enjoy!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 08/01/18 09:32 PM.

--Mark Twain
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Oh my. Clark suddenly exhibits signs of decency? He wants what he cannot “honorably” have and she really should not want him after she unravels his secret(s). Tragedy of Shakespearean proportions shaping up here.

Can’t wait to hear more from Maisie about Clark’s suicide in 1983.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by SupesFan
Oh my. Clark suddenly exhibits signs of decency? He wants what he cannot “honorably” have and she really should not want him after she unravels his secret(s).
"Decency" might be a stretch... He has reasons for not wanting Lois to hate him. He still needs her for his plans... But that's all to come in the next chapter.

Tragedy of Shakespearean proportions shaping up here.
Hehehe, I'll take the compliment, but I don't know if it's that grand.

Can’t wait to hear more from Maisie about Clark’s suicide in 1983.

More on Clark's suicide will come out next week or two. Thanks for the comments!

And chapter 30 is up and ready to read! Sorry it's a little late today, but I still made it in time goofy

--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard