Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hopefully, these aren't too clunky! I love these episodes through here, and I'm so excited to finally reach them! Let me know what you think!

Kerth
Kerth
clap Yay! Anti-K! Omigosh, so glad you're back! And with not one, not two, but *three* updates?! thud

Chapter 34:

So sweet! This was made all the better because I just watched these episodes recently, and Clark's nerves here and shine through perfectly.

But she doesn’t take it, this golden opportunity he has given her to back out of the date she didn’t want and only agreed to after he all but cornered her on it. Her eyes cloud over and her lips purse in what he could almost swear is a pout.

As if she doesn’t want the out.

As if…she wants the date?
This was adorable! Clark's confusion about why she wanted the date sloppy

“Well,” she says, slowly, hesitantly, “what if we say this is our almost first date?”

And he smiles. Smiles, and breathes, and thinks that maybe, finally, this is his time.

Awww! love So perfect!

Chapter 35:

This was probably the most powerful and touching of the three. Jonathan's fears aren't as addressed in this episode, and you cover it in such a powerful, evocative way.

It dogged his steps, persistent and pervasive. A nightmare that could all too easily become reality.

After all, his dream had come true.
Awwww, poor sweet Jonathan.

Because his boy was so innocent and hopeful and good that he would never think to be careful, would never expect bad things to happen, until Jonathan warned him.
This is really sweet too, that Jonathan knows Clark is so optimistic, that he has to rein him in a little so that he doesn't just go flying off the deep end.

And it was all coming true, wasn’t it? Just like his nightmare.
mecry

Just a farmer. Just a man who had a dream that came true. Just a boy from a town no one even knew existed who grew up and got his wish cast down at him from the heavens.
This whole passage really added a lot to Jonathan's character in this episode. The quote didn't mean half as much to me before you added all this in. Very well done indeed. clap

Chapter 36:

But truthfully--way more truthfully than she ever liked to get since she knew it never cast her in a good light--as much as Lois knew she needed Clark in her life in some form and fashion…she’d never really given him his due as a reporter.
Awww. I guess that's mostly true isn't it? Poor Clark. Poor, sweet, stubborn Lois.

Which was why, when she was in the room with the President of the United States sitting across from her and a clock ticking down in her head, she’d taken a chance…and asked the question Clark had suggested.
This is sweet, because it's something only Clark (maybe Jimmy too, IIRC) knows, and he knows how hard it would be for her to admit that she used his question even. Her admission even to herself, that she has a really good partner was a perfect way to end it.

Excellent job! Three chapters in a row! Very impressive, and exceedingly well done, as usual. I hope you post again soon! Only, what, 46 more to go? (Not doing the actual math, in case that's wrong...) No sweat. wink

In any case, it's good to see you back!
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi AntiK! hyper Glad to see you posting again!

Okay let's dive in shall we?

The Pheonix: Clark Kent

Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
As if she doesn’t want the out.

Because she doesn't you lunkhead of a man. Aww, this is complete torture. Poor Clark has really been put through the ringer.

But she’d paused. Hesitated. Backtracked.

But then, doesn’t Lois always do that when she’s scared but hopeful? She’s so unafraid of risking her life, but so cautious with her heart (and he’s the opposite, isn’t he, so maybe that’s why it’s taken them almost two years to get to this point).

“Well,” she says, slowly, hesitantly, “what if we say this is our almost first date?”

And he smiles. Smiles, and breathes, and thinks that maybe, finally, this is his time.

Their time.

Maybe she can finally love him.

Their time. I love this! Very cute! The realization that maybe she is seeing him in a different light is great.

Top Copy: Jonathan Kent

“Oh boy, what am I doing playing with lasers? I’m a farmer.”

Just a farmer. Just a man who had a dream that came true. Just a boy from a town no one even knew existed who grew up and got his wish cast down at him from the heavens.

But still Jonathan steadied his hands, and he played with the lasers, and he fought his fear.

Because he was, after all, more than a farmer.

He was a father.

Very moving. You can feel the terror that is haunting Jonathan throughout this one. It makes sense that he'd be feeling this and that be behind the shakiness of his normally steady hands. Very well done. clap

Return of the Prankster: Lois Lane

Yes. He was, she decided firmly.

This right here is the turning point in Lois Lane. The point where we see her letting down the wall that had been there for so long and finally letting Clark in.

Nicely done.

Someone, Lois added silently, with a very, very good partner.

So true. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love these all! But my favorite has to be Top Copy, hands down. Jonathan's terror and desperation shine through so well. I can only imagine how absolutely trapped and determined he must feel, seeing his son's life on the line like that.

Well done! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yay, glad these weren't too dusty to be enjoyed! Thanks to everyone who read them!

Wow, what a treat to get such feedback, Mouserocks! Clark's nerves always hit me as particularly endearing, and it was great fun to try to imagine what made him finally decide to take the plunge here (though in a few episodes, I bet he was probably wishing he had waited to ask her out until after Scardino had left town!).

Jonathan Kent is one of my very favorite characters, and somewhat underused in a lot of fanfiction (not to mention most Superman mythos, which seems to prefer him dead), so I have to remind myself not to OVERuse him in compensation. But, really, he's such a rich character, and a lot of his moments are small but really deep. The whole point of these Quotables was to add nuances to the episode, so your comment just completely left me feeling validated! love

I love Lois's slow progression of recognition toward Clark through season 2, and I felt that her recognizing him as a journalist was long overdue -- but sweeter for the wait! And yes, I try not to do the math on how many of these I have left to do, either! smile

Thanks, folc4evernaday! I do feel like poor Clark gets put through a LOT in season 2 -- it starts out a bit easy on him, but very quickly he's pulled into quite the roller coaster of emotional torture and mental anguish. Ah, but how I love to watch (and write) tortured Clark...

Poor Jonathan always seems like the alarmist next to Clark and Martha's optimism, so I think his fears sometimes get shrugged off, but Top Copy really brought them out for him! And yes, Lois does have the best partner, doesn't she? wink

Thanks, DC! You're always my biggest fan! So glad that you had time to read these with all your other responsibilities!

Thank you, everyone! I hope to get some time to post the next few either Monday or Tuesday! Almost done with season 2, which means near the halfway mark!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All of these stories were so cool to read. It's great to have Anti-Kryptonite back where she belongs. Oh yeah, the website is totally off the chain.

“Oh boy, what am I doing playing with lasers? I’m a farmer.”

But still Jonathan steadied his hands, and he played with the lasers, and he fought his fear.

Because he was, after all, more than a farmer.

He was a father.

He's a father who loves his son and has no intention of letting Clark's private life be destroyed because some reporter simply wants to boost her ratings. So Jonathan, get your telemetry straight! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard