Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#281104 06/22/18 09:25 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is your one and only warning. This is an epic. It is full of angst, action, suspense, heartache, love, and excitement and is not a one and done fic, but I do put all my toys away when I'm done playing with them.

Description: Set during House of Luthor. When Lex Luthor discovers Superman’s alter-ego he ensures a way to break his enemy both physically and mentally. Clark finds himself in a mental hospital with no way of reaching those he cares about most and a healthy does of Kryptonite, making it impossible for him to escape.

Huge thank you to Feli for letting me run with this idea. Thanks to Feli and Vicki for letting me bounce ideas off of them. I hope you all enjoy this fic as much as I've enjoyed playing with it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Geez and I thought my original ficlet was evil!

Love it so far, Val smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Geez and I thought my original ficlet was evil!

Love it so far, Val smile

Thanks Feli!

Thanks for letting me run with this idea. My muse took a drastically evil twist with this one and I'm really excited about it. dance

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
hyper OMG! (delayed FDKing, I know, I know) But the good news is I've now read it twice and I'm doubly excited for posting to get under way!

I love the setup. Poor Clark, in a mental hospital? Lex watching him the whole time? Even the hallucination where he reveals himself-- it's just heartbreaking.

Question #1: Is that really Lois coming to see him? I'm guessing not, because otherwise Lex would see her as well, so he must be hallucinating... but how would he know about her hair change?

Question #2: GAH Is it possible to have too many other questions? How will Lois figure out the truth? Where will she go? Is she going to try to testify/bring charges against Lex? How will Clark escape? What will Lex do next? If Lex were to die of natural causes, would anyone remember where Superman was? Does "toys in the box" mean Lex will be sidewalk decoration in the end? Will Clark ever get his life back? How crazy will he go?

Phew. Okay. I'm done, for now. Hopefully more is to come soon, because I'm excited to read this one (and also I'm excited to not be playing catchup and reading the story from the beginning).

wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
hyper OMG! (delayed FDKing, I know, I know) But the good news is I've now read it twice and I'm doubly excited for posting to get under way!

Thanks Mouse! Glad I was able to grab your attention. smile

I love the setup. Poor Clark, in a mental hospital? Lex watching him the whole time? Even the hallucination where he reveals himself-- it's just heartbreaking.

Yes, there's a lot at play which you find out some in Chapter 1 that brought them to this point where he revealed himself.

Question #1: Is that really Lois coming to see him? I'm guessing not, because otherwise Lex would see her as well, so he must be hallucinating... but how would he know about her hair change?

rotflol Very insightful but I'm not ready to reveal that part just yet. You'll get some more information later on though.

Question #2: GAH Is it possible to have too many other questions?

For this fic the answer is 'no' because I left a lot of unfinished business on the table here.

How will Lois figure out the truth?

That is coming soon.

Where will she go?

You will find out in a few chapters I promise.

Is she going to try to testify/bring charges against Lex?

The reason why that isn't an option does come out in the next few chapters.

How will Clark escape?

That is the goal of this fic. There will be plenty of attempts.

What will Lex do next?

That's always a question isn't it? What is Lex going to do? This Lex is far more sinister thanks to the way things have played out. See chapters 1-3 for more intel.

If Lex were to die of natural causes, would anyone remember where Superman was?

Can he even die of natural causes? razz I mean, the guy keeps getting resurrected so my belief of him naturally dying has been lost.

Does "toys in the box" mean Lex will be sidewalk decoration in the end?

LOL! Come on, you know I can't give you that much info.

Will Clark ever get his life back? How crazy will he go?

The question to be asking is: Is he really crazy?

Phew. Okay. I'm done, for now. Hopefully more is to come soon, because I'm excited to read this one (and also I'm excited to not be playing catchup and reading the story from the beginning).

wave

Thanks for the feedback, Mouse. Chapter 1 is up and should answer some of the burning questions as this one is mostly a flashback of the events that led up to the reveal.

Enjoy! wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Posting schedule has been narrowed down for this one. Thursdays will be Delusions. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 were both kinda one-offs but it should be once a week moving forward.

As always all FDK is appreciated.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
I haven't had time to *really* delve in for feedback, but saw this thread and couldn't wait to at the very least express how crazy all over the place my brain is with this fic!

hakjsdhiuewhgafvBawehria;hf

Freakin' Val.

Beautiful. Horrible. Wonderful. Terrifying. Heart-wrenching. Amazing!

Lex is ugh and that scene in chapter 2 is nail-biting, gut-wrenching, sickening and so incredibly powerful. Such striking visuals. Her panic at the other cop's mention of Lex's name is palpable, real, and I can feel that terror in my bones.

I hope Martha has more answers in store for Lois. I hope Henderson helps Lois even more. I hope chapter 3 reveals more, and perhaps more of Clark. And ultimately, I hope I get more time for FDK. goofy

--Mark Twain
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I read NK's story Nobody and liked it. I thought back then that it would be great if expanded to see what happened before and after. And I'm so happy to see you doing it, Folc! I love everything you've written (well, except WCCCD, that was just a oh my goodness who's going to die next crazy ride and I had a hard time finishing it, sorry).

So, I'm really looking forward to reading this when it's finished and seeing where your evil mind is going!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I haven't had time to *really* delve in for feedback, but saw this thread and couldn't wait to at the very least express how crazy all over the place my brain is with this fic!

hakjsdhiuewhgafvBawehria;hf

Freakin' Val.

Beautiful. Horrible. Wonderful. Terrifying. Heart-wrenching. Amazing!

Lex is ugh and that scene in chapter 2 is nail-biting, gut-wrenching, sickening and so incredibly powerful. Such striking visuals. Her panic at the other cop's mention of Lex's name is palpable, real, and I can feel that terror in my bones.

I hope Martha has more answers in store for Lois. I hope Henderson helps Lois even more. I hope chapter 3 reveals more, and perhaps more of Clark. And ultimately, I hope I get more time for FDK. goofy

Hey Mouse!

Thanks for commenting. Glad the last two chapters gave you the intended effect. I'm getting Chapter 3 up as I type this. Hope you enjoy the twists and turns as seen from Clark's POV.

More to come!

Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
I read NK's story Nobody and liked it. I thought back then that it would be great if expanded to see what happened before and after. And I'm so happy to see you doing it, Folc! I love everything you've written (well, except WCCCD, that was just a oh my goodness who's going to die next crazy ride and I had a hard time finishing it, sorry).

So, I'm really looking forward to reading this when it's finished and seeing where your evil mind is going!

Hey PuffyTiger,

Yeah WCCCD is an acquired taste. If you love drama and suspense it works for you but it can be a lot to take in. Yeah, my muse wouldn't let go of the plot bunny NK created so I've actually been bouncing ideas off her and DC to get this one going. I hope you enjoy it when you get time to sit down and read it. Posting schedule is Thursdays and chapters are lengthy.

Chapter 3 is coming up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
*rubs hands together*

Let's dig in.

How he’d gone from not wanting anyone to know to having his story told countless times to these prison guards in white jackets and discounted. Time and time again he said the scariest words he’d known.
Aw. mecry Poor Clark. Depicts painfully just how distressed he is that he's not only sharing his secret, but that he acknowledges it as the scariest words.

Nigel exchanged a look with Mrs. Cox before opening his mouth to respond. He could tell from the expression on Nigel’s face he wouldn’t like the response. “The matter has been taken care of,” Mrs. Cox interjected.
Ooooh. Gonna bite all of them in the rear.

“Ohh, still a little green around the gills I see.”
Haha, I shouldn't be laughing at this twisted a scene, but darn if I don't love a good pun. lol

Clark gritted his teeth, struggling to push the massive weight off of him as the sharp edge of an already bloodied blade grazed against him. Panic rose inside him as he stared at the blood.
shock The same blade he used to (almost) kill Lois?! That's cold, bone-chilling.

It’s only fitting she should die from the same blade as her hero.”
*shudder* see?

“Every delicious yell for help met with silence. What do you think her last thoughts were, hmm? Knowing her hero had let her down with the ultimate betrayal …as she had me.” The eerie calm with which Luthor spoke of Lois sent a panic through Clark. Then he saw it. The blood on his sleeve and the bloodied skin with tears and scratches to his hands.

‘He did it,’
The cold detailed account and the evidence laid before him as Clark finally realizes the truth seriously gives me goosebumps. Very well done.

The shout from above pulled Luthor’s attention away and the man stood up. “Until next time,” he remarked, setting the blade on the barrel above him. “Have a nice death, Superman,”
*mentally bookmarks this knife's location, in case it becomes pertinent later*

Perry asked with a disgusted grunt. “He gets away with attacking Lois? He gets away with destroying the Planet? He gets away with everything?”
Poor Perry, I really don't know how they're going to deal with this situation.

“I’m saying Luthor thought he killed her.” Henderson’s eyes narrowed, “We need to make sure it stays that way.”
Fingers crossed.

She shook her head and whispered just loud enough for him to hear, “Lex, the police are here.”

“Stall them,” he ordered, ridding himself of the last of his bloodied and torn clothing.
Well, crapola! How are they not going to find him like this? Cut, bloodied, no time to change...? Oh, and half-dead Superman in the basement?

The image of Clark Kent on the screen flashed again then moved on to the next supposed victim from the arson on Clinton Street. The only thing was he knew—they all did—that Clark Kent wasn’t in that building when it exploded. Someone was trying to make it seem like he was though.
Clark's dead, Lois' dead, Superman's nearly dead... who will even be legally alive to testify?

“And so the cries for help?” Agent Wallace smirked as she stared back at them, gauging their reaction.

“I’m sorry?” Lex choked out.
You're so close! Twist the knife! You almost have him!

“Lois was obviously very troubled.”

Agent Wallace’s eyes narrowed as she delivered a mighty blow, “Was?”

“Is,” Lex corrected hastily. “It’s easier to think of her as gone when thinking of the painful end to our courtship. I’m sure you understand.”
*mutters curse words under breath* Yeah, and when you've killed her in cold blood.

“Funeral?” Lex feigned surprise as Zymack interjected.

“Ms. Lane is dead.”
Gah! I'm so twisted up inside right now! I love it!

He knew there would be the task of changing out the samples the police had collected from the crime scene for a lowly scapegoat. He’d have to evaluate those involved with Lois to determine who the lucky culprit would be. Nigel still hadn’t been able to track down Clark Kent. If only it was that easy. Frame that giblet of a menace for the murder of his former bride-to-be. It would have been the perfect revenge but sadly it wasn’t meant to be.
Ooh, terrifying. That would have been the perfect revenge, too. Totally could have been plausible that Clark would kill Lois over Lex... if it was a story he was spinning, anyway. Character witnesses would know that Clark couldn't do it, but they did have a loud argument in a very public place and everyone knows that Clark's been hung up on Lois for the majority of the year....

Recalling the information, he’d learned from the globe he’d acquired some months ago he felt giddy as he asked calmly, "If you're not Superman then who are you?"
I did always wonder why Lex never remembered that Clark was sent to earth as a baby, but it worked out in canon. I like how you reference it here though.

“Well, well, well, Clark, it seems you’ve been keeping a little secret, haven’t you?” Lex’s sinister features took on a humorous glare as he stared back at his enemy’s disoriented face, “Now is that any way to treat your best enemy?”
*shudders* Love the inclusion of this line. Even though I know where you're going with this, it's a terrifying process watching it all go down. (But I love it so much!)

Can't wait till next Thursday!

--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Val, this story is just grabbing my interest like crazy! I don't usually enjoy stories with so much angst and crazyness but this one is really drawing me in! Just finished chapter 4 and realized I need to wait almost a whole week for the next one. A t least with this story I'm going to try and not fall behind. Any idea of about how many chapters it might be? clap

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
*rubs hands together*

Let's dig in.

Yes, let's!

Aw. mecry Poor Clark. Depicts painfully just how distressed he is that he's not only sharing his secret, but that he acknowledges it as the scariest words.

Yes, poor Clark is living his worst nightmare and hoping his fear of exposure would be less painful than the mental torture he's enduring at the hands of Luthor.

Ooooh. Gonna bite all of them in the rear.

Yes, yes it will.

Haha, I shouldn't be laughing at this twisted a scene, but darn if I don't love a good pun. lol

I always loved this quote from HOL and thought it suited the scene nicely here.

shock The same blade he used to (almost) kill Lois?! That's cold, bone-chilling.

Um, that would be correct... Luthor is an evil sociopath that would love a chance to deliver poetic justice on his enemy. What better way than to kill his enemy with the same blade that he used to kill the woman he loves?

*shudder* see?

**Hands Mouse a pillow to hide behind**

The cold detailed account and the evidence laid before him as Clark finally realizes the truth seriously gives me goosebumps. Very well done.

Aw, thanks Mouse! I'm glad it came across well. I had a hard time writing that scene.

*mentally bookmarks this knife's location, in case it becomes pertinent later*

**whistles innocently**

I know nothing.

**pushes plot bunnies trying to escape back into the closet**

See? Nothing to see here.

Poor Perry, I really don't know how they're going to deal with this situation.

Yeah, Perry wants justice and the current situation isn't going to get that for him. Lex is too connected and all their evidence is gone.

Fingers crossed.

**Hands Mouse tissues**

Well, crapola! How are they not going to find him like this? Cut, bloodied, no time to change...? Oh, and half-dead Superman in the basement?

Haha, yeah, this one is going to show just how powerful Lex Luthor really is. The next chapter has more for you on that.

Clark's dead, Lois' dead, Superman's nearly dead... who will even be legally alive to testify?

**whistles innocently**

It's a game of cat and....mouse laugh

You're so close! Twist the knife! You almost have him!

Getting warmer....

*mutters curse words under breath* Yeah, and when you've killed her in cold blood.

Or so he thinks.

Gah! I'm so twisted up inside right now! I love it!

I'm glad you got the appropriate reaction from this. It was really hard to get in Luthor's head like that.

Ooh, terrifying. That would have been the perfect revenge, too. Totally could have been plausible that Clark would kill Lois over Lex... if it was a story he was spinning, anyway. Character witnesses would know that Clark couldn't do it, but they did have a loud argument in a very public place and everyone knows that Clark's been hung up on Lois for the majority of the year....

Yes, Lex is a sicko with that twisted of a mind to plan such a thing too.

I did always wonder why Lex never remembered that Clark was sent to earth as a baby, but it worked out in canon. I like how you reference it here though.

Seed planting successful! Yeah, Lex doesn't forget things easily.

*shudders* Love the inclusion of this line. Even though I know where you're going with this, it's a terrifying process watching it all go down. (But I love it so much!)

Can't wait till next Thursday!

Thanks for all the feedback Mouse! Hope you have time to catch up on the other two chapters soon. smile

Originally Posted by Superjan
Val, this story is just grabbing my interest like crazy! I don't usually enjoy stories with so much angst and crazyness but this one is really drawing me in! Just finished chapter 4 and realized I need to wait almost a whole week for the next one. A t least with this story I'm going to try and not fall behind. Any idea of about how many chapters it might be? clap

Hey Superjan!

I'm glad you've been captivated by this fic. My muse read Feli's little twisted ficlet and took hold and wouldn't let go. This is the result. I'm glad you're enjoying the suspense. I don't have an actual chapter count yet as I'm sort of still working on the middle/end out now and circling back again to make sure everything has been covered.

Yeah, only one chapter a week for now. They're pretty lengthly chapters...pushing the limit on how long a chapter can be on here and all. (For the record, the limit is 25 pages in a Document editing software, and most chapters are 20-24 pages long)

Chapter 5 is up now. I went back and forth on how to reveal when Lois learned the truth. I figured I'd compromise and have the revelation come and then lead into the rescue. Hope you enjoy. Still no clue on the chapter number total as of yet. If it makes you feel better, I wrote the ending last week but just need to connect it all. lol Okay, enjoy and see you next Thursday.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So, I was bad and forgot to update last week and yesterday. Sorry!
As you might have noticed there is a chapter number listed now. I'm guessing it'll be around 15-20ish chapters but final chapter count hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

Chapter 6 is up. Lois shows up to rescue Clark but has she gotten in over her head?

Chapter 7 is up. Clark finds himself in a strange place and face to face with Lois Lane. How will he react?

See everyone next Thursday. All comments are welcome.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done.

Framework4
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Framework4
Well done.

Thanks Framework4!

Chapter 8 is up. Thanks for commenting.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It's that time of the week again.

Chapter 8 finally got Lois and Clark talking again but this week's Chapter 9 gives us some insight into the change in their relationship and also shows some of the challenges Lois has had to endure in the past few months.

On another note, the question mark is missing and the chapter numbers have been confirmed. No, this is not a drill. This will be a total of 18 chapters. Which means, yes, you're officially at the halfway mark.

As always, all comments are welcome. Let me know what you think. See everyone next Thursday.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thursdays are for Delusions.

Everyone loves Pepperoni pizza, right? Maybe a little too much. Not sure what I'm talking about? Read Chapter 10.

All comments are welcome.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Nightmares are hard to hold at bay...even for Superman.

Chapter 11 is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Nightmares are hard to hold at bay...even for Superman.

Chapter 11 is up.

<Bump> Unburying

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Posting schedule will be Sunday and Thursday each week.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard