OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story part is Here.

Comments go here. smile
I hope y'all enjoy! ^_^

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting idea, the dissociative behavior. Could this be in part due to the link between Clark and Michel? Each one sensing other one's feeling of being lost and confused?

Enjoying the story!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh boy oh boy, I didn't get this many wishes on my birthday!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
Kerth
clap Oooh! Another twist! Love the dissociative issue on top of everything else. Clark sensing Michel's feelings, and vice versa (which is which, who knows)... It almost is like a feedback loop of confusion. Hopefully they can sort it out soon. I also kinda hope that they swapped places but we shall see.

I loved Lois' thought about dealing with a partner who speaks in the third person. lol So Lois. Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Let’s see, I think I can still remember something. This is the one with the amnesia, isn’t it?
He stared into the large mirror that ran along the wall of the interrogation room. A stranger stared back at him.
Given the whole mirrorverse situation they have got going on, this could also have been simply a window with a stranger staring back at him.

Who else had he forgotten?
Mayson?
MICHEL: Who?

accompanied by an inspector and a very lovely brunette. The brunette stepped towards him and gave what she probably thought was a reassuring smile. “Hi, Clark. I'm Lois Lane, your partner.”

His eyebrows rose.
Yep, he’s the French copy.

“...At the Planet,” she clarified. “We're reporters.”

Oh.
laugh

“Physically all right, I suppose, but...he feels so lost and confused.”
He? Good one!

Ms Lane blinked at him. “He? Who's 'he'?”
‘Clark’.
LOIS: You’re Clark.
MICHAEL: *blinks*

“I know, I know.” Ms Lane sighed. “Patience, understanding, and all that stuff. I guess I can manage having a partner who talks about himself in the third person.”
Lois and patience, understanding, and all that stuff? rotflol

“NO!” Rene's face turned redder than the woman's hair. “It's a friend of *yours* actually! That man from your work...Dr. Renaud? Someone found him in the mountains, confused from hypothermia!”
Huh. I did not see that one coming.

The woman shot Rene a glare before turning her attention back to him. “Michel, how are you feeling?”

He thought about it. “I don't know...okay, I guess? He feels lost...”

She raised an eyebrow at him. “He?”

“See what I mean?” Rene said. “Totally confused.”
I’m wondering, now that they have been factory-reset, they might subconsciously accessing the respective other’s mental state when queried by name. So, if they were to be spoken to with their correct names, they will probably answer in the first person, instead.

“I'm Susanne Soileau.” She paused. “*Dr.* Susanne Soileau. We work together.”
So, what I really don’t remember is, how did she end up in the Alps?

Susanne's eyes widened. “An injury...” she whispered. She turned to Rene, a too-large grin suddenly plastered onto her face. “Er, I think it would be best if I simply took him home.”
/scratches head/ does she know he’s super or is she just trying to take advantage of the poor helpless male?

The usual musings about good parts in small does apply.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, guys! laugh

So, what I really don’t remember is, how did she end up in the Alps?

She drove. smile

Part 28 is in progress, but it's not coming together as easily as I'd like. I'll try to have it done before too long. Incidentally, this episode is another point in my outline where the story could have gone five different ways. Sometimes the writing process feels more like plot-wrangling than anything else. wink

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just want to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten this. I'd hoped to have the next part ready by now, but... Have you ever had it happen where you're writing a story and your muse keeps nattering on about this one super, special, awesome part that will just be so amazing, and then you finally get to that part of the story and say "Okay, I'm here. Now what?" and your muse just gives you a blank look and goes "...uh..."

Rest assured, the part will get written. Also rest assured, I'm going to try to have a lot more of a buffer for my fics in the future so these delays don't keep happening. Sorry for the hold up, everyone, and thank you for your patience.

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So happy to hear that this fic is still kicking! Have fun whipping your muse into shape! lol

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Have you ever had it happen where you're writing a story and your muse keeps nattering on about this one super, special, awesome part that will just be so amazing, and then you finally get to that part of the story and say "Okay, I'm here. Now what?" and your muse just gives you a blank look and goes "...uh..."

rotflol Hahaha, omg! I've never heard a more accurate description of my muse and (I suspect) all muses! This happens to me every single time, without fail. Muse is too excited to write anything but said scene, then finally eeks out the story up to the pivotal moment, and then is either too bored or distracted or nervous about it ending and not being perfect to actually make the genius idea happen. lol So painfully true!

That said, don't sweat it too much. It always (read: usually) works itself out and she'll start cooperating again, and I'm looking forward to reading it when she's good and ready to deliver! (No pressure! I promise!)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Muses. *sigh* Also, I believe they learn that trick during their first semester in Muse college.

MUSE: What? It's *not* my fault you don't know how to develop a perfectly fine plot point. I mean, I *gave* you the perfect setup and all you do is *nag nag nag* this is too harsh *nag nag nag* you can maybe say that but you can't write it *nag nag nag*...

/pushes muse aside/

As I was saying...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard