Next Thread
Print Thread
#280927 06/09/18 09:39 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yes, that's right, the next one is up. Okay, this one is already written. I'm not sure on a posting schedule. It's a we'll play it by ear type of thing. Basically the more I'm harassed the more often I'll post in the week wink

I really hope you all enjoy this one.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Is anyone actually reading this version?

confused

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes. I am. Time is really tight these days so I will drop a line whenever possible. Good job with this story!

Glad Mallow survived. I never liked how his character was thrown away on a demonstration. Gotta love Henderson and the boys in blue!

Isn’t Dan’s leg still healing? There wasn’t any mention of crutches or him wearing a cast. In this fic he is still the same arrogant nitwit from the series. He sounds hurt and disappointed that Lois is now engaged. Did he really expect her to sit around waiting for him?

Sarah Silverman is really cool. Another character who should have been around for more a that episode.

If Sam Lane cannot be so bothered to call either of his daughters, why bother trying to get him involved in the wedding? Ellen should not have bothered to meet with him if she cannot handle her feelings when he’s around. Perry or Uncle Mike would be thrilled to walk Lois down the aisle.

On to the next part ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part 6

He’d been a bit shell-shocked at the news of her engagement but then again so had his partner, Jenna before she broke up with Frank. Engaged wasn’t married. Engaged wasn’t forever. If anything it was what proved to tear couples apart. True, he’d yet to catch the eye of the lovely brunette, but that was a challenge he thought he could handle. He wasn’t one to back down from a challenge. He knew if given a chance Lois Lane would see her attention was better spent elsewhere.

The way to Lois Lane’s heart seemed to be through a story and a story he would bring her...again and again. Until she finally saw how useful he could be to her journalism career. He’d gone by the Daily Planet earlier and been sent here to find her. Hopefully, the news he had for her would be enough to pull her away from whatever it was she was doing …. maybe she’d even be interested in having dinner with him? The sky was the limit as far as he was concerned.

I have seen and read about arrogant creeps, but this is the limit. Engaged is engaged. Lois is happy where she is. Useful to her career? Yeah, about as useful as a pin in a toilet bowl.

Urgh! Somebody needs to put him in his place. wildguy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part 7

Ellen had had enough. She had seen the look a few days ago, and she’d seen it again tonight. She wouldn’t be doing her job as a mother if she let it stand. Though her daughter and future son-in-law appeared to be oblivious to Dan Scardino’s intentions she was not.

She had stood by and said nothing with each nurse or assistant that had been hired at her husband’s firm then when things got rough at home she’d lost her family to that look. That adulterous, no respect expression. She knew people like Dan Scardino all too well, and she wouldn’t stand by and do nothing.

When I read these lines it came as a pleasant surprise! Phyllis Coates, the original Lois Lane from the 1950s TV series comes to mind not Beverly. This is Momma bear coming out to protect her children and no one does it better and with more determination than anyone thinks she is capable of. Bravo!!!

“My daughter is not on the market. She is never going to be on the market. So you can get that thought out of your head right now. I know people like you, Mr. Scardino. Those too lazy to try at a real relationship. Those that think they can float through life on their looks and take what doesn’t belong to them. Well, I’ve got your number.”

Yes! Who chases after an engaged woman like this unless it is a matter of life and death? He is too lazy to find/maintain a relationship of real depth on his own. That takes work and guts not to run at the first sign of trouble. He is floating. Ellen definitely has his number.

Ellen’s voice hitched a few octaves as she growled angrily at the man in front of her. The rage and hurt she’d suffered came to a boil as she confronted the man she knew to be nothing more than a menace. She would not sit back and do nothing. “I will not stand by and watch you try to take that from her. I won’t stand by and watch you try and manipulate your way into my children’s lives. You will stay away, Mr. Scardino. You will stay far, far away because if you don’t, I’m going to get on the phone with a lot of very important people that I've worked with for the last twenty-five years and make sure you do stay away.”

She reached for his collar and whispered in a menacing tone, “Maybe you get fired. Maybe you get transferred. Maybe you can’t get promoted for the rest of your career. Either way, it makes no difference to me as long as you stay away from my family. Are we clear?”

“Crystal.” He swallowed hard, eying her with apprehension as he readjusted his collar.

“Good.” She patted him on the shoulder. “I'm so glad we could have this talk.”

Totally crystal. Understand Mr. Scardino, this woman is not playing around. Come near any of the Lane or Kent clan and you will know what it feels like to be hit by a torrent of hammers.

Well written.

Last edited by Morgana; 08/19/18 11:30 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Yes. I am. Time is really tight these days so I will drop a line whenever possible. Good job with this story!

Glad Mallow survived. I never liked how his character was thrown away on a demonstration. Gotta love Henderson and the boys in blue!

Isn’t Dan’s leg still healing? There wasn’t any mention of crutches or him wearing a cast. In this fic he is still the same arrogant nitwit from the series. He sounds hurt and disappointed that Lois is now engaged. Did he really expect her to sit around waiting for him?

Sarah Silverman is really cool. Another character who should have been around for more a that episode.

If Sam Lane cannot be so bothered to call either of his daughters, why bother trying to get him involved in the wedding? Ellen should not have bothered to meet with him if she cannot handle her feelings when he’s around. Perry or Uncle Mike would be thrilled to walk Lois down the aisle.

On to the next part ...

Hey Morgana!

Where to begin?

Yes, I wanted to have GE Mallow not die and interfering in the demonstration and having him found before he could be activated to kill was the perfect way to do that.

At this point Dan's leg has healed up from his injuries. The time from the shooting in Rules of Guilt till now is roughly around eight weeks total.

Yes, Dan's still an arrogant jerk that's a bit too full of himself. He thinks he's God's gift to women as he did in the series. I think he's more surprised that Lois would be engaged to Clark and not give him---Dan Scardino the attention he thinks he deserves.

Sarah really was an underused character. She could have been a fun reoccurring character.

Sam the workaholic isn't putting priority on family, but on work. Which is what causes Ellen to tear into him. She was the doting wife, trying to keep her family together for so long and even now she still tries her best.

Part 6

He’d been a bit shell-shocked at the news of her engagement but then again so had his partner, Jenna before she broke up with Frank. Engaged wasn’t married. Engaged wasn’t forever. If anything it was what proved to tear couples apart. True, he’d yet to catch the eye of the lovely brunette, but that was a challenge he thought he could handle. He wasn’t one to back down from a challenge. He knew if given a chance Lois Lane would see her attention was better spent elsewhere.

The way to Lois Lane’s heart seemed to be through a story and a story he would bring her...again and again. Until she finally saw how useful he could be to her journalism career. He’d gone by the Daily Planet earlier and been sent here to find her. Hopefully, the news he had for her would be enough to pull her away from whatever it was she was doing …. maybe she’d even be interested in having dinner with him? The sky was the limit as far as he was concerned.

I have seen and read about arrogant creeps, but this is the limit. Engaged is engaged. Lois is happy where she is. Useful to her career? Yeah, about as useful as a pin in a toilet bowl.

Urgh! Somebody needs to put him in his place. wildguy

Alas, if you don't know how to respect the institute of marriage / a relationship then it means nothing. As we saw in the show, even after Lois admitted to being involved with Clark, Scardino still pursued her.

Part 7

Ellen had had enough. She had seen the look a few days ago, and she’d seen it again tonight. She wouldn’t be doing her job as a mother if she let it stand. Though her daughter and future son-in-law appeared to be oblivious to Dan Scardino’s intentions she was not.

She had stood by and said nothing with each nurse or assistant that had been hired at her husband’s firm then when things got rough at home she’d lost her family to that look. That adulterous, no respect expression. She knew people like Dan Scardino all too well, and she wouldn’t stand by and do nothing.

When I read these lines it came as a pleasant surprise! Phyllis Coates, the original Lois Lane from the 1950s TV series comes to mind not Beverly. This is Momma bear coming out to protect her children and no one does it better and with more determination than anyone thinks she is capable of. Bravo!!!

“My daughter is not on the market. She is never going to be on the market. So you can get that thought out of your head right now. I know people like you, Mr. Scardino. Those too lazy to try at a real relationship. Those that think they can float through life on their looks and take what doesn’t belong to them. Well, I’ve got your number.”

Yes! Who chases after an engaged woman like this unless it is a matter of life and death? He is too lazy to find/maintain a relationship of real depth on his own. That takes work and guts not to run at the first sign of trouble. He is floating. Ellen definitely has his number.

Ellen’s voice hitched a few octaves as she growled angrily at the man in front of her. The rage and hurt she’d suffered came to a boil as she confronted the man she knew to be nothing more than a menace. She would not sit back and do nothing. “I will not stand by and watch you try to take that from her. I won’t stand by and watch you try and manipulate your way into my children’s lives. You will stay away, Mr. Scardino. You will stay far, far away because if you don’t, I’m going to get on the phone with a lot of very important people that I've worked with for the last twenty-five years and make sure you do stay away.”

She reached for his collar and whispered in a menacing tone, “Maybe you get fired. Maybe you get transferred. Maybe you can’t get promoted for the rest of your career. Either way, it makes no difference to me as long as you stay away from my family. Are we clear?”

“Crystal.” He swallowed hard, eying her with apprehension as he readjusted his collar.

“Good.” She patted him on the shoulder. “I'm so glad we could have this talk.”

Totally crystal. Understand Mr. Scardino, this woman is not playing around. Come near any of the Lane or Kent clan and you will know what it feels like to be hit by a torrent of hammers.

Well written.

I'm glad Phyllis Coates' Ellen came through in this. That was actually who I imagined when I was writing her. I do like Beverly Garland's portrayal but for this version I tried to bring a little life to the lesser written about version of Ellen Lane.

She cares about her children and tries to do what's best for them and her family--even if they can't see it. She's protective and doesn't let anyone hurt those she cares about most.

Ellen's past with Sam helps her spot and stop trouble before it can form into something dangerous. She knows Scardino isn't good for her daughter and she's doing what she can to protect her.

lol Torrent of hammers I just got a funny mental image.

Yes, Scardino has been scared straight and now Lois and Clark are safe to plan their impromptu wedding away from the chaos....or are they? devil

Okay, enough teasing. Thanks for reading and commenting Morgana. Glad you enjoyed it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard