Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story part is HERE.

FDK goes here. smile

Well, I discovered some interesting writing tips with this one. First, I learned that if a scene is not coming together, try tearing it down and doing something completely different. I also learned that the secret to keeping characters from becoming disembodied voices is to give them food. Settings are still hard for me, but I think I'm getting better at it. laugh

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good grief Clark, don't say that! You'll jinx everyone!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!
/fastens seatbelt and crash webbing/

“—which means that, under the right set of conditions, the elements in the meteorite could explode! Susanne concluded that a forceful enough impact could trigger the reaction.”
To be fair, under the right conditions, *water* can explode.

“This Susanne sounds like quite a gal,” Mr. Kent replied, leaning back with his mug of coffee.

Michel nodded. “She is astounding! Her analysis of the meteorite was so thorough, that she found a trace element which even I had overlooked!”
Maybe they should retry their earlier experiment, this time handing Michel that meteorite report.

Mr. Kent took another sip of his coffee. “Maybe we could poke around in Shuster's field; see if there are any other pieces that landed.”
Yes, they could use Clark as a divining rod!

“It's getting late,” Clark noted. He looked at his parents. “You guys need your sleep.”
So, bunk beds? Well, Clark can float above the bed.

Michel folded his arms. “Now you are just showing off!”

Clark grinned at him. “Relax, Michel. We've got tomorrow, and the next day, and the rest of our lives to figure everything out; it's not the end of the world.”
They *are* cute together. Maybe it’s coupled to Clark being secretly in love with his partner.
MICHEL: Hey!

What?

Also, great work with the embodiment!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

Okay, I gobbled these chapters up pretty much the moment you said you'd posted them, but haven't had a moment to FDK till now. Also, where's 26, hmm? Methinks I'm getting spoiled with a double posting.... /shameless begging/

This was great. Michel's gushing about Suzanne under the guise of gushing about science and Kryptonite was perfect. I love his interactions with the Kents. They are so flipping close to catching the drift of this connected-brain thing that it's gotta be right around the corner. I fully expect it to work itself out in the most inopportune moment... perhaps when one of them finally ups their game with their respective partners... /eyebrow wag/

And Clark! /facepalm/ You sweet, lovable, oaf of a farmboy. Don't put yourself on the universe's radar any more than you already have.

On to 25!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard