#280261 05/06/18 08:08 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

So it's been a long time coming, but I *finally* finished another chapter

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Yay! I'm sorry you're struggling so much with this one, but it's a very interesting story! Poor Clark! What a mess. But I'm loving seeing all his friends and greater family (Smallville) rally around him even if he can't see it. *gets out the pom poms to cheer for more*

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay for Perry and his words of wisdom and comfort! Boo for that 'what he said was true so far' crud from Lois.

I want to wrap nearly everyone in this story in a warm blanket & cuddle them until it's all better (or as all better as it can be for them in a post-reveal world, anyway)

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So happy to see that you posted a new chapter! Really enjoying your story so far but I will say that it has been hard reading about all the horrible beatings Clark has had to endure and now his outing as Superman. My heart aches for him! So glad that Lois is finally realizing what kind of man Lex really is. Thanks for persevering with this story clap !

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
It was strange, seeing it. While yesterday she’d been forced to accept that Clark and Superman were one and the same person, knowing the truth and seeing the truth were two different things.

The reveal.
I do have to say this is a nice insight into how Lois processes this revelation. She knows the truth because of Clark's revelation, but knowing it and seeing it are two completely different things.

The proof was right there, on the monitor, for all the world to see. The man she’d lusted after, dismissed, pursued, ignored…
Destroyed.

Ah, the guilt. Hopefully, Lois can put some of these emotions to good use and help Clark instead of wallowing in her denial like a petulant child.
Come on! Get up. Put your tail between your legs and go beg for forgiveness.

If she’d just listened to him…

See? More guilt.

Just go TALK to him!

Luthor watched LNN’s coverage of the Superman expose with a self-satisfied smirk. Seeing his enemy’s secrets laid bare on national television like that was thrilling; thrilling enough to almost make up for Lois Lane’s rejection of his proposal. His smirk morphed into a scowl. He’d thought he’d had Lois firmly in his grasp, so what had happened? Had he been too precipitate? Had he not succeeded in destroying the relationship between her and the alien?

Simple you didn't anticipate Clark beating you to the punch and revealing his identity to his friends.

“And the next phase of the plan?”
“Already in train, Nigel. Already in train.”

Crap.

This guy really needs a hobby.

And what would a few missing bolts matter to anyone, he reasoned as he slid the last one out of its hole and put it in his pocket.

No, no, no, no, no.....

No wonder Clark had sounded so stressed; his home was essentially under siege.

Poor Clark! Somebody go over there and give him a hug. He needs some support from his friends.

He nodded in response. “So what do you want?” Clark asked abruptly. “Every gory detail? From farm kid to reporter and part-time superhero?”

Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine?
Seriously, put a hand on his shoulder and give him some yarn about how things will get better. He needs a hug. He needs his parents. He needs a way to drop kick Luthor into tomorrow without his powers.

“Forget about the interview for a minute, son. How are you holding up?”
“I’m fine.”
“Uh huh,” Perry responded sceptically.

Sure you are. We don't believe you for a minute.

“Clark, let me tell you a little story.
Elvis yarn! Woohoo!
You’ve got a pack of reporters stuck outside your door waiting for Superman. But to the people that care about you, you’ll always be Clark Kent.”

Awwww! Nicely done. Love the Elvis yarn.

It was out. All their care, all the years of hiding what their son could do, were for nothing. His biggest secret- their biggest secret- had been exposed. She looked over at her husband who sat in grim silence, his eyes glued to the screen.

Oh, poor Martha and Jonathan!
That has to be terrifying. Not being able to help and go to Clark.

“Is he- I mean, Superman hasn’t been seen around and I just wondered-”
“He’s laying low till he gets his powers back. I need you to run these names for me.” He fished the list he’d made out of his pocket and held it out to the younger man. “Everything you can find on them, financial records, everything. But” he held a finger up in warning. “No phone calls. Clark says our phones are bugged so we can’t use them for this until he can give us the all clear. And don’t show anyone what you’re working on. Not even Lois.”
He caught the look of distaste on the copy boy’s face. “Never thought I’d live to see Lois side against Superman,” he remarked.
“Me neither, kid. Me neither,” Perry muttered to himself as Jimmy left the room.

Ouch.
Hopefully Lois can earn everyone's trust again, and hopefully, Jimmy can conjure up some intel to bring Luthor down once and for all.

“What do you all think you’re doin’?” he demanded, making sure to keep the rifle barrel pointed at the ground. He could hear the faint gasps as the strangers closest to him took in the .30 he held. “You’re trespassin’ on private property.”
“We’re looking for the people that own this farm,” one of the bolder men closer to the door spoke up.
“They’ve gone away for awhile. I’m lookin’ after the place till they get back. Now get outta here before I call the sheriff.” He raised the gun a little for emphasis, grimly amused when the ones closer to him recoiled.

Haha! Love this! Wayne Irig seems like he wouldn't take anything from anyone. What with being tortured by Trask and still not giving up Jonathan's name in GGOH.

“Town’s swarming with reporters and rubberneckers.”
“Yeah, well that’s what I came to tell you. I had to chase a bunch of ‘em off the Kent’s farm a little while ago.”
She swore under her breath, turning and yelling to a deputy in the back of the bullpen to get a cruiser and head out to the farm.
“At this rate, I’m gonna have to swear in a bunch of new deputies,” she commented.
“It’s only gonna get worse,” Wayne responded darkly. They exchanged a look, both grimly aware that their sleepy little Kansas town may not ever be the same.

Love the exchange between Rachel and Wayne. Yeah, unfortunately, things will continue to escalate until Luthor is put behind bars and Clark faces the siege of media as Superman. He needs to hold a press conference.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This clip was like a car wreck, Lois decided as the primary colours of Superman’s Suit blended once more into the drab hues of Clark’s business suit. You knew it was coming, knew it was going to be bad, and yet you still couldn’t bring yourself to look away.

It is very unlikely that Clark is going to be able to explain this away. He is truly unmasked and from Lex's viewpoint, completely vulnerable.

“Safe?” She snorted. “Any moment now they’re going to start digging. Somewhere, some reporter is going to start looking for us. How safe do you think we’ll be then?”
“Clark told us to stay put. He knows better than we do what’s going on, Martha! And that’s what we’re going to do until we hear otherwise.”
Martha turned away, exasperated. Jonathan was right. She knew he was right. But that didn’t make it any easier.

What? No cavalry? thud Both Clark's private life and his parents are well done. (Ooops! No pun intended! blush

“We’re looking for the people that own this farm,” one of the bolder men closer to the door spoke up.
“They’ve gone away for awhile. I’m lookin’ after the place till they get back. Now get outta here before I call the sheriff.” He raised the gun a little for emphasis, grimly amused when the ones closer to him recoiled. He stood his ground while the crowd filed past him, edging away from the rifle as they got to the bottom of the stairs, and waited till the last of them had gotten in their shiny cars and driven off before tramping across the yard to the barn. He took care of the animals, keeping the rifle close and one ear out for the sound of vehicles returning, before getting back in his truck and turning it towards town.

You gotta love Wayne's loyalty to the family.

OK NK ...now what?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
So I’ve been incredibly slack on the feedback replying... sorry everyone!

PuffyTiger- this story has been a real bear, and thank you for sticking with me on it! I just keep thinking that often the effects of Clark’s secret getting out seem to be confined to him and his family, but it’s more like a ripple effect- sooner or later, there’s a lot more people that’ll be affected.

Endelda- hahaha, yeah I haven’t been nice to pretty much anyone in this story (except Luthor; he’s having fun) and they probably could use a hug!

Superjan- to be honest, it’s ended up darker than even I thought it would. But I promise things will start looking up a bit soon!

Folc- couldn’t have done it without you, Val! Loving your huge feedbacks too, btw.

Morgana- see, poking my muse does work occasionally. I always figured Smallville would close ranks and do it’s best to protect Clark and the Kents if the secret ever got out.

Thanks everyone! More soon, I promise- I got a big chunk written today

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 05/22/18 08:57 AM. Reason: Formatting error

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard