OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

FDK goes here. smile

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
clap Another! Another!

I'm loving this story. I'm curious as to how this telepathic connection works as well. It seems to be in response to emotions, but I love watching them figure it out. Well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
All caught up... it took me a couple of days. I am curious how these two are connected - are they brothers? I also like how their emotions are connected to their telepathic ability.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!

Oooh! Another helping so soon! You’re spoiling us hyper

LOIS: /munching some Double Fic Crunch Bars/ Speak *munch* for your *munch munch* self.

It didn't take much to persuade the Kents to help them. Michel couldn't help but feel a little envious as Clark's father pulled two chairs out from the kitchen table and placed them back to back, while his mother darted upstairs to fetch a deck of cards.
Aww, they’re going to teach Clark how to play proper poker with his visually pleasing partner while being holed up in a hotel’s honeymoon suite.

His own mother would probably be having a conniption at the implications of someone being able to read his mind...not that he was exactly comfortable with some of those implications, himself.
Could be worse. Could be that his colleague/slash shipped girlfriend-candidate/ could read his thoughts.

“Now Clark,” she instructed, handing her son the deck, “you look at one of these cards and try to 'send' it to Michel with just your mind. Michel, you try to 'tune in' and see if you can pick up on which card he has.”
Oh. They’re doing ESP testing. Duh! [Linked Image]
CLARK: Um… /thinks back to playing cards with Lois in the honeymoon suite/ uh-oh.

“Six of clovers!” Michel shouted, practically jumping to his feet.

The elder Kents looked to Clark.

He grimaced, holding up the card. “Four of hearts.”
Hey, he only missed the value by two and the color by one. That’s almost a match!
LOIS: The reason I never even had to undress one shoe before Clark was sitting in his skivvies.
When was the last time he had cleaned the grout? Just how often did grout need to be cleaned, anyway? Weekly? Monthly? Yearly?
As often as Lois gets really mad.

“Two of spades?” he finally guessed, turning around in his chair.

Michel shook his head and held up the card: eight of diamonds.
He’s even worse than Michel!
LOIS: /holds up Clark’s skivvies and shrugs/

“Maybe not,” Michel conceded, “but what else can we do?”
Have Clark watch as Lois gets put into danger but make sure he’s unable to do something. Then, Michel must rescue her based on the mental cues he gets from his twin.

Mrs. Kent turned to her husband with an elated grin and squeezed his arm. Mr. Kent smiled at them. “So, can you tell us the card?”

Michel hesitated. “Er, the nine of hearts?”

Clark sighed. “Not even close.”
laugh Queen of clubs?
LOIS: I do *one* nightclub performance and that’s what I end up as?

Clark took it from her and looked it over. It was a picture they'd snapped of Lois during her brief stay in Smallville.
MICHEL: eek Erm…excuse me, but I have to…erm…/runs off towards stream that flows past the backyard/

“A woman...” Michel suddenly murmured. “Passion...Ah! The Queen of Hearts!
rotflol

Those two are adorable!
LOIS: *Two*? *Two*? I believe to have played the main part in this!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard