Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feedback goes here, please. Thanks and enjoy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
This was so good of making Lex sound even more evil than he was. He really got into his head. By the way love the song choice.

Kerth
Kerth
Woah! I read the story title, laughed a little at the memory of a great song... And then got a fic far darker than I'd imagined!

Wow. This piece is beautifully well crafted. You can really see Lex's narcissistic tendencies coming out to play. It also puts his actions into a better light. Because he does move too fast but the way you've painted it, he's not only aware it's too fast, but it's strategic. Bone chillingly good. clap

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm brushing my arms with my hands to get the creepy off, but it's not working!

Yikes. That was some terrifying peek into Lex' demented mind and heart. Reading him think about trapping Lois, about pulling down her friends and her support system, driving a wedge between her and Clark, slowly and agonizingly taking Superman's life - ugh, now I have chills along with the creepy. As Mouserocks wrote, it's a dark story - and when you have both Mouse and me tell you it's dark, you'd best bring a searchlight.

More, DC! I want to read more of your stuff! With the lights on, of course.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
This was so good of making Lex sound even more evil than he was. He really got into his head. By the way love the song choice.

Thank you! I've always felt that his pursuit of Lois was driven by more than just love/lust. There was an absolutely need to "dominate" and "win" as well.

As for the song - my car radio never leaves the local classic rock station, unless we are streaming Disney for the kids via Spotify. wink Total luck that this song played after I read the challenge.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Woah! I read the story title, laughed a little at the memory of a great song... And then got a fic far darker than I'd imagined!

Wow. This piece is beautifully well crafted. You can really see Lex's narcissistic tendencies coming out to play. It also puts his actions into a better light. Because he does move too fast but the way you've painted it, he's not only aware it's too fast, but it's strategic. Bone chillingly good. clap

Glad to surprise you, Mouse! You know my muse - she's pretty twisted and you never know exactly what she's going to throw at you. I suppose the song could have worked for Clark, but I got this really creepy/stalkery vibe from it when I heard it (for the first time in ages) and immediately knew it had to be a Lex fic.

So glad you liked it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I'm brushing my arms with my hands to get the creepy off, but it's not working!

Yikes. That was some terrifying peek into Lex' demented mind and heart. Reading him think about trapping Lois, about pulling down her friends and her support system, driving a wedge between her and Clark, slowly and agonizingly taking Superman's life - ugh, now I have chills along with the creepy. As Mouserocks wrote, it's a dark story - and when you have both Mouse and me tell you it's dark, you'd best bring a searchlight.

More, DC! I want to read more of your stuff! With the lights on, of course.

Haha! Not sure brushing off will be enough! After a shower I'm still feeling slimy from being in Lex's head. wink

I really do feel like his "courtship" of Lois was very systematic and planned down to the last detail. He was all about "winning" even if some of his reason for going after her was love/lust (and I've seen the notion of maybe Miranda hit him with the 100% and permanent Revenge spray).

I've got a few, less dark ideas floating around in my head. And one or two dark ones. I can promise a bit of dark twistiness in the later part of "A New Dawn" - my 3rd and final installment of my Batman/Superman series. That one is in with my beta at the moment, but hopefully won't be too long in coming after I'm done posting "Stepping Into The Light."

Thanks for reading. Your feedback made me laugh a nice evil laugh.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And the creepiest introspective award goes to Vicki! Stalker Lex is really coming out with this one. Kudos!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
And the creepiest introspective award goes to Vicki! Stalker Lex is really coming out with this one. Kudos!

Haha, thanks! I enjoy creeping people out. What character better to do that with than Lex? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Nice introspective look into Lex’s twisted mind. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lois actually married him that he would’ve ended up being physically abusive to Lois since he already demonstrated that he could isolate Lois from everything he held near. Good here that Lex realises very quickly that his real rival was Clark and not Superman even when Lois didn’t realise who she truly wanted to begin with

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 03/21/18 03:41 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Nice introspective look into Lex’s twisted mind. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lois actually married him that he would’ve ended up being physically abusive to Lois since he already demonstrated that he could isolate Lois from everything he held near. Good here that Lex realises very quickly that his real rival was Clark and not Superman even when Lois didn’t realise who she truly wanted to begin with

Thank you! I can definitely see the potential for Lex to turn to physical abuse down the road. He does have the occasional rage issue - him yelling "What have you done to me?" at Dr. Gretchen Kelly when his hair is failing out comes to mind. And he was very quick and efficient in isolating Lois from her support network during their engagement.

I do think Lex is a very intelligent man who observes more than he lets on. He might not know that Clark is Superman, but he's smart enough to realize the hero would be likely unattainable, while the best friend is right there, always.

Thanks for reading this creepy little fic! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow. This is indeed a hair-raising plunge into our favorite psychopath.
This awesome vignette shows that this smooth villain, despite his elegance and outward class is the basest of human beings. Lois certainly escaped a fate worth than death...
Bravo!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
Wow. This is indeed a hair-raising plunge into our favorite psychopath.
This awesome vignette shows that this smooth villain, despite his elegance and outward class is the basest of human beings. Lois certainly escaped a fate worth than death...
Bravo!

Thanks so much! It took a while to really slip into his mind, but once I got in there, it was terrifying. I'm glad you called it hair-raising because his mind was seriously creeping even me out. He's definitely no better than a common street thug in some ways with his disregard for human life.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
I want you to want me.

Don’t fight it, Lois.

You know you want it too.

Ever since you first began to pursue me
Funny thing happened. I really thought that this was Clark at first. Then I got confused before I realized that it was Superman. Only to remember, no, the blurb said ‘Lex Luthor’! Oops blush

And the wine was of such a rare vintage that you’d never even dreamed it existed.
LOIS: It tasted bitter, kind of like sucking on a piece of oak. Made it easy to not over-imbibe.

granted, for an exposé for your precious Daily Planet
[…]
You kept circling back to your tidy little list of questions.
It’s adorable how he takes her and her profession so serious.

I may even thank you for your naiveté one day.
Wouldn’t it be funny if she already suspected a lot more and then splashed the interview and the truth both on the front page, together with incontrovertible evidence?

I learned long ago to look for any sign that that might occur and to dismiss those women straight away.
‘dismiss’ Great choice of words clap

After all, it’s not enough to hook the fish on the line. The fisherman must also reel in his prize and create a suitable habitat for it if he wishes to keep it for him to admire.
*That’s* why he built the cage. And he could certainly combine Superman’s habitat with creating a habitat for her to willingly stay in. I mean, holding the virgin damsel hostage is a tried and true way to get the hero to do your bidding, isn’t it?

Like a hunter, I wove my trap, drawing you in, closer and closer, ensnaring you with a quick jerk, but with barely-there movements you were oblivious to. Each successful date brought you more and more under my spell. I tried to gauge (after each one) how deep into my net you’d become, until I could no longer bide my time.
He reminds me of an Australian funnel-web spider.

I easily could have gone bigger and more expensive, but for what purpose? I’d already chosen a stone that was bigger than any woman has a right to ask for.
He’s so charming clap A true paragon of virtue and chivalry clap

He’ll be dead and buried in a place where God himself won’t be able to find the alien’s desiccated corpse.
So, mixed into Big Belly Burger’s beef patties?

And anyone with working eyes and a couple of functioning brain cells can see that he is completely and hopelessly smitten with you.
LOIS: jawdrop I had no idea!

My eyes and ears are everywhere in this city.
Things one gets for donating the city’s streetlight system.

Yes, Lois. I want you to want me, for now and for always, in all things. Because there is no room in my plan for you to have anyone else.
Well, he does not sound entirely stable. Maybe he even has a couple of light psychopathic tendencies buried in there somewhere. They should definitely make an appointment with a relationship counselor, though, if they do go through with the marriage.

Creepy!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Funny thing happened. I really thought that this was Clark at first. Then I got confused before I realized that it was Superman. Only to remember, no, the blurb said ‘Lex Luthor’! Oops

rotflol Well, Clark DID kinda do the creepy stalker thing when he was floating outside her window when he met her. goofy

LOIS: It tasted bitter, kind of like sucking on a piece of oak. Made it easy to not over-imbibe.

Lex: (executes the wine maker)

It’s adorable how he takes her and her profession so serious.

(Oblivious Lois defends how "supportive" he is of her.)

Wouldn’t it be funny if she already suspected a lot more and then splashed the interview and the truth both on the front page, together with incontrovertible evidence?

Now THAT would be a fun fic idea. Lois agrees to marry him just to get on the inside, on a sting operation only she knows about. All her fights with Clark hurt worse than the last but she can't tell him because she needs Lex to know the fights are "authentic" so as not to raise suspicions...

‘dismiss’ Great choice of words

Lex: I'm the king and all you people are my willing servants.

*That’s* why he built the cage. And he could certainly combine Superman’s habitat with creating a habitat for her to willingly stay in. I mean, holding the virgin damsel hostage is a tried and true way to get the hero to do your bidding, isn’t it?

Lex: Nigel, I'm going on this evening. Please ensure Lois is fed and watered, and take her out around midnight so she can do her business. Don't let her mess on the carpeting.

He reminds me of an Australian funnel-web spider.

Good, because that's pretty much what I was envisioning too! clap

So, mixed into Big Belly Burger’s beef patties?

Nah. More like the "special" at Ralph's Pagoda.

LOIS: I had no idea!

Clark: wallbash

Well, he does not sound entirely stable. Maybe he even has a couple of light psychopathic tendencies buried in there somewhere. They should definitely make an appointment with a relationship counselor, though, if they do go through with the marriage.

He's just a little creepy. Nothing to be concerned about.

Dr. Friskin: I'm not touching this with a 10,000 foot pole. (Nopes right out of the situation)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

(Oblivious Lois defends how "supportive" he is of her.)
clap
Post-ARGH-Lois: Can I please lobotomize her? Maybe Cat’s personality? Something? Hello? He-llo? Anyone? A little help here!

Now THAT would be a fun fic idea. Lois agrees to marry him just to get on the inside, on a sting operation only she knows about.
There’s a fic about that: Dirty Bubbles by Zoomway

Lex: Nigel, I'm going on this evening. Please ensure Lois is fed and watered, and take her out around midnight so she can do her business. Don't let her mess on the carpeting.
rotflol
NIGEL: Very well, sir. I will also make sure she takes her rabies medication.
LEX (distracted): Yeah, yeah, on with it. /waves his fingers/

Dr. Friskin: I'm not touching this with a 10,000 foot pole. (Nopes right out of the situation)
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard