Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

Lois rolled her eyes. “Oh Clark, stop it. I know you’re Superman. And you have a terrible poker face. Besides, I’m an investigative reporter, Clark. Did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out?” She patted him on the chest as the elevator doors opened with a merry ‘ding’. “You don’t have to worry about me, Clark. But I do think you need to do something about Wayne Irig.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Payback by Nostalgiakick

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

Lois’s eyes widened with interest. “Have I told you how much I love your powers? I wish I could have read through them myself. Can you share anything with me that jumped out at you?”

“A few things. There were copies of his research from MEPWar, files on the members of Dynonomics, files on the girls, Trisha included. He also had a financial file that listed ‘Draden Enterprises’ as his main sponsor, and a file that contained a chemical formula with a one word heading in Greek, ‘Oracle’. Does any of that mean anything to you?”

“Draden Enterprises was Mensa’s original sponsor for MEPWar. It came up again during my Lex Luthor investigation. It turned out to be a shell company associated with several scientific projects, but I never found anyone else associated with it.”

“And ‘Oracle’?”

“‘Oracle’ was a drug that Mensa was working on when I first started investigating him. The drug would allow him to implant instructions along with a trigger word in the subconscious of a psychic’s brain. With it, Mensa could use someone like me to do whatever he wanted and all the while, I would be unaware. My guess is that he wanted to continue with his criminal aspirations using these girls as his pawns.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
"Nothing Is Impossible" by BJ

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

On your marks. Leila Kent, with the unruly mess of hair and the long legs and the seriousness of her determination on the running track, flitting between the different groups in school and never really fitting into any one of them. Get set. The crowd in the stadium is hushed, waiting. She imagines for a second, impossibly, that she can hear her brother squealing excitedly with her grandpa in the field behind her, imagines the sound of her grandmother humming in the kitchen, the familiar rumble of a truck on the dusty roads leading to the farm, the rustling of the earth under her feet, no, it must just be in her head, it must just be her imagination. There’s the starting gun — and she goes.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Starting Blocks by LWhite

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“Stop? Why would I stop? Stopping is for inferior people, not me.”

“There are rules about impersonating someone!”

“Those don’t apply to me. They’re only for little people like you.”

At that moment, Clark’s powers kicked back in. Ignoring the sudden deafening babble of voices and other city sounds, he lunged at his opponent — and went right through him.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"A Plot Thwarted" by AnnieB

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

"Super-ventriloquism," he repeated louder.

"What on Earth is super-ventriloquism?"

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The Least Useful Superpower by MrsMxyzptlk

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“I’m the part of you that you want to deny.” He snapped at him with an icy edge in his tone as he continued to circle him. “That damaged part of you that you’ve buried so deep inside you don’t even know it’s there. You can deny it all you want, but you know what I did today was something you’ve wanted to do for a long time. You wanted to make those men pay. You wanted to keep those children safe. You know it and I know it. I’m a part of you. Every memory you have, I have. You can’t deny it and you can’t destroy yourself.”

“I’m nothing like you!” Clark growled angrily.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
"My Own Worst Enemy" by Folc4evernaday

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yep

The contrast between Lex and Clark was striking. While Lex wanted her to serve his ego, Clark seemed to care almost nothing about himself. He wanted her to trust him, of course, but in the beginning it was because he needed her cooperation to protect her. The days since their “swim date,” as she called it in her head, had been different. He’d let down some of his protective walls and allowed her to see inside his heart. She wondered how much of his heart he’d revealed to Mayson – then decided it didn’t matter. If Mayson had had the death grip on his heart she wished she had, he wouldn’t have opened up to Lois so easily.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
"State’s Evidence" by Terry Leatherwood

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

"Yeah, you had a large leather bound journal; it was like something from another age. Most people, even at that point, were writing on their tablets and not on paper. I remember commenting on how unique your penmanship was, like calligraphy.” It had been many years, but the memory of seeing the spare, yet fluid design of Henry’s notes written in a distinctive blue ink stayed with him.

Rubbing his chin, the geneticist joined into the spirit of the conversation – like a contest of memories. “Exactly right! Mentioning my handwriting made me think about the discarded gloves we had in the evidence container that had been found at the crime scene. Everyone thought those gloves belonged to the victim ...”

“You tested the DNA sample from the discarded glove, it was assumed to belong to the victim; Leonardo Carstairs yet actually matched Farnsworth, the killer!”

Henry shrugged as if solving a murder was all in a day’s work.
“People like Michael Farnsworth always think they are the smartest person in the room. Such arrogance usually leads to unpleasant consequences. I merely used scientific deduction, careful observation and reasoning. Since the late Leonardo Carstairs was the Treasurer of Carbide it was obvious he discovered Farnsworth - the Chief Executive Officer - was embezzling from the company. With evidence in hand Jo made short work of getting a confession out of him. He killed Crawford to keep him quiet.”

Clark shook his head in wonder. “You used such deductive reasoning to cut through our cover story and discovered who I really am. Lois and I are going to have to work harder to keep my death a secret.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Waiting For A Lady by Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

She reached for the copy of Janet’s story, leaning back against him. “All right, Mr. Encyclopedia. Help me finish this up so we can go home.”

His body rumbled against her as he laughed, “Gladly.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
"Sleeping With the Boss" by Folc4evernaday

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“What sort of circumstances?”

Jonathan laughed and went back inside the house.

“What sort of circumstances?” Lois repeated to Clark.

“Lois, I’m adopted. More to the point, I’m a foundling in a town where everybody knows everybody else’s business and strangers don’t just drive in without being noticed.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh well I'll play.

"A Town Called Smallville" by Dandello

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard