Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Columnist
Columnist
Pocket Full of Kryptonite

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“Every star is different and unique in its own way.” He brushed his hand against her cheek, “Just like you.”

“Star?” Lois asked in surprise.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A little bit more

“So don’t just sit there. Open it.” She grinned happily, clapping her hands.

“Okay,” he nodded and began to carefully peel back the wrapping paper. Inside was a small velvet box. “What is this?” He peered at her in amusement. He opened the box, and she watched in anticipation, waiting for him to put the pieces together. “A key?”

“To my apartment,” she said shyly. “I just thought…” she shrugged, “…it would be easier when you’re coming and going.”

He leaned in to kiss her. “Thank you,” he whispered against her lips. “I’ll have a key made for you when we get back.”

Her face relaxed, and she smiled back at him. “I’d like that.”

He pulled out a small box from his pocket wrapped in a blue ribbon and handed it to her. She pulled the ribbon loose and opened the box, revealing a simple silver chain necklace with a small star-shaped pendant on it. “Oh, Clark, it’s gorgeous,” she gasped in surprise. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“And you won’t,” he responded carefully. “Every star is different and unique in its own way.” He brushed his hand against her cheek, “Just like you.”

“Star?” Lois asked in surprise.

“Just one of the smaller ones.” He said, fingering the crystalized star with his thumb.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you,” she whispered, leaning against him.

“Merry Christmas, Lois,” he said, stroking her cheek.

“Merry Christmas, Clark,” she murmured against his lips, capturing his mouth with hers.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rules of Family by Folc4evernaday

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Endelda
Rules of Family by Folc4evernaday

Yep!

From the first moment I gathered her in my arms, I knew she was different. Instead of seeing me as either an alien threat or a frightening monster, she saw a friend. She actually relaxed in my arms as we flew to the Planet!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"In His Arms" by Cuidadora.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“She's been asleep for two days,” Lex proclaimed boldly. “It's time for action. I am taking lead. These are, after all, my bunkers which protect and sustain us. Kal-El, are you ready to move forward?"

“I am ready to act, Lex. I am not comfortable doing so without informing Lois of our plans.”

“And if I demand otherwise? You said you would support the resistance. Has your intent changed?”

“My intent has not changed,” Kal-El responded calmly, keeping his tone even and his manner steady. He could tell that the others in the room were very nervous in his presence. All except for the four doppelgängers. “Lois Lane is the leader. I promised to abide her wishes.”

“Because you feel guilty,” Lex spat. “Believe me, she isn't the only victim of this godforsaken invasion. She's not even the only rape victim around here. There are many women in our ranks who were violated by your clone. The woman directly to your right, to start with -”

Lois's gasp cut him off. Her pallor was noticeable in the wake of his brutal words.

“How dare you harass Lois just to win a point against Kal-El,” Lane exploded angrily. “She's suffered enough.”

“It is not my intent to harass anyone,” Lex retorted angrily, even as Lois attempted to calm Lane down by placing a hand on her arm and speaking to her in a low voice. Kent and Clark were visibly agitated, but they remained silent, not wanting to make things worse.

“All I'm doing is reminding everyone our true purpose. Our goal is, and always will be, to free Earth from it's brutal overlords. Right at this moment, people are being tortured and killed. Delay means more people suffer, and more people die. Our only hope of success is if Kal-El can convince his people to stand down. And that is what we need to be discussing. Lois is sick. I'm sorry for that. I hope she gets better. But she is not the lynchpin.”

“How interesting that you are singing the praises of a plan you were so opposed to earlier,” Lane rejoined sarcastically.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Strangers in a Strange Land by L

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“You look a little pale. Are you okay?” She ran her hand up his cheek.

He gave her a weak smile trying to lighten her up with a joke, “Sure. I just got blown up. No biggie.” At her wide-eyed expression, he chuckled, “Lois, I’m fine, really. Go.” He leaned in to kiss her.

Lois looked at him skeptically, “Are you sure?”

“Positive.” He leaned in to kiss her. “Go. Save the lead. I’ll be here when you get back.” He closed the door behind her and let out a long sigh. He really didn’t feel that great, but he wasn’t about to give Lois something else to worry about right now.

“Help! He’s got my car!” The cry for help reached his ears, and he let out a long breath. It seemed rest wasn’t something that would be happening tonight.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
"Sleeping With the Boss" by Folc4evernaday

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

It was odd to be in a room full of people who all seemed to look up to my dad like he was some kind of hero. A part of me wanted to see him through their eyes just for a moment. I tried to picture him as they did — a brilliant doctor who’d saved the careers of countless sports icons. I wanted to see him as the man who’d invented new medical techniques and improved upon existing ones. I wanted to see him as a genius, the way they did.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"Through My Eyes (Sam Lane)" by Deadly Chakram

I'm not sure whether it should be "Sam" (as shown in the Awards Nominees list) or "Samuel" (as is seen on the lcfanfic site).

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes

“So, not exactly how I imagined tonight’s dinner. Staring up at the stars over Chinese takeout.” Lois smiled at him, taking another bite of her food.

“How did you imagine it?” Clark set his glass down, looking at her expectantly.

She smiled, “I don’t know. I mean, we’ve shared hundreds of meals together over the past year. I wasn’t sure what to expect.”

“Are you…disappointed?” his tone remained hesitant as he looked at her quizzically.

“No,” she said softly, meeting his gaze. “Just trying to figure out where to begin.”

“I know,” He smiled good-naturedly at. “Most first dates begin with getting to know you and we….already do.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rules of Trust by Folc4evernaday

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Yup!

New quote:

It had started out as it always did: with one stupid comment. Simple, mundane, something nobody would read into, except of course for Clark. He was a good sport, as he always was. He’d smiled, laughed, thanked the person for their flattery… But the smile didn’t reach his eyes like it usually did, the laugh came out a little too airy, and the thanks were far from genuine.

It was all downhill from there.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Agoraphobia by MouseRocks

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yep

Superman: “All the comforts of home, courtesy of LexMart.”

Luthor: “You’ll never get away with this!”

Superman: “I know. While this island is rather off the beaten path, you’ll be found. In a year or two or three or twenty. I’m betting your, shall we say less public, activities need your firm hand on the rudder. By the time you’re found the whole world will know what I know. In which case I’m not sure how eager you’ll be to return to Metropolis.”

Superman slowly rises upward, smiles, waves.

Superman: “Bye now.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"Rules of Engagement" by Framework

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yep

“It was like I momentarily lost control of my powers. Then it turns out that nobody actually robbed the bank. The door was jimmied just enough to set off the alarm.”

“Red kryptonite!” Jon blurted out, standing. He’d heard this story before, too. And his brother had lived through something similar. Both Lois and Clark looked at him, confused. “It was a test,” he said, starting to pace. “Someone set up a situation that they knew you’d react to, then exposed you to red kryptonite to see what would happen.”

“How…?” Lois asked.

“I’ve seen it happen before,” Jon said, which was more or less true. He’d seen the after effects of red kryptonite poisoning, and it was not pretty. More to the point, he knew how this story ended, and if he said too much more, he might change history. Willing himself to stop, he addressed his parents again. “Look, you need to keep an eye open for that stuff. For the next few days, you have to assume it’s around wherever Superman shows up. If they expose you again, the effects could be worse.”

“Worse than 50 feet underground?” Lois asked.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Relative History by CLeuch

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard