Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The rules are pretty simple. Guess which nominated story the provided quote came from. We have plenty of quotes to get us through till the ceremony. Hope everyone enjoys!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Yes, he was determined that Santa was living in the fireplace; every time we went to light it, he would scream bloody murder: ‘STOP! You’re going to kill Santa!’ We finally had to set him straight on the myth of Santa,” Martha laughed.

Clark wrapped his arms around Lois from behind as he entered the room. “What mischief are you all up to?”

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I don't recognize the story, but kudos to the author. That was a cute snippet.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Yes, he was determined that Santa was living in the fireplace; every time we went to light it, he would scream bloody murder: ‘STOP! You’re going to kill Santa!’ We finally had to set him straight on the myth of Santa,” Martha laughed.

Clark wrapped his arms around Lois from behind as he entered the room. “What mischief are you all up to?”

“Mischief???” Lois scoffed, “I’ve been entertaining while you have been off saving the world. You better have an exclusive for me. You leave your poor parents here on the edge of their seat like that and…” She was cut off by her mouth being captured by his.

He slowly broke off the kiss. “I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Yes, I have an exclusive for you, but I’ll tell you about it later. Now, before anyone else needs saving let me get this out. Lois seems to have developed some complications with the pregnancy…”

At Martha and Jonathan’s concerned look, Lois continued speaking for Clark. “I have something called preeclampsia. It’s a pregnancy disorder.”

“How serious is it?”

“It’s very serious,” Clark replied solemnly. “Lois has to avoid stressful situations at all costs. She had a close-call during the venture with Tempus. We aren’t sure what prompted her bout with nausea a few months earlier either. She hadn’t been having morning sickness for a while and then it was back full force. It could be the preeclampsia, or it could be just normal pregnancy symptoms. We don’t know.”

“We also have a lot of unknown factors in regard to Clark’s heritage as well. We don’t know if this pregnancy is absolutely normal, or if it may differ due to the Kryptonian genes,” Lois replied.

“Oh, my… What are you going to do? Have you seen a doctor yet?” Martha asked.

“We have a doctor picked out. She’s the best in her field. My dad recommended her,” Lois explained.

“Is that safe? What if your doctor detects something?” Jonathan asked, concerned.

“We’ll have Dr. Klein take a look over Lois since he’s the only one that is specialized in my physiology. We need to make sure the pregnancy itself will be normal,” Clark replied.

“My biggest concern right now is Lois and the health of our child. I’m sorry we didn’t tell you guys sooner. It’s just been one thing after another, so we just haven’t had the time to think let alone tell everyone properly.”

Here's a bit more to help place it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Collateral Damage By Folc4evernaday

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Yup you got it!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
New quote :

The doors closed them off from the rest of the world, and quickly the silence filled the space between them uncomfortably. He smelled nice. Lois tried to shake the thought away, but his cologne in this tight space was inescapable, and she let out a small sigh of contentment. Clark turned to look at her oddly, but she didn’t even acknowledge the motion, keeping her eyes trained on the numbers as they slowly approached the ground floor and striving valiantly to keep any embarrassment from staining her cheeks.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You guys seem like you need some help. smile1

He sipped at his coffee in spite of the steam still rising from his mug. “No news is good news, Lois.”

She scoffed. “Maybe for Superman it is. For us? We’re gonna be out of a job.”

His answering sigh of exasperation had her hackles up again. He muttered something under his breath, and that did it. She rolled her chair out from under her desk sharply and stood up, planting her hands firmly on her desk. “What?”

“I said,” he met her gaze head on, “maybe everyone’s just burned out. The city might need a break after, you know…”

“After what? After Lex? You can say it.”

She felt a couple of other stares landing on her at the mention of the name, and she crossed her arms and jutted out her chin proudly. He was her fiance. Heck, he was nearly her husband, had Clark and Perry not stepped in when they did. Even then it’d taken her longer than she was proud of to admit the truth to herself, so if anyone had the right to bring the man up, it was Lois.

Clark’s gaze traveled around the room quickly and came back to meet hers. “Why don’t we go take a break? Maybe get some air?”

Lois wanted to be stubborn and refuse, but some air would probably do her some good. Begrudgingly, she nodded and turned to grab her purse. He followed her over to the elevators, behind a couple of steps, lost in his own thoughts even as they stepped into the elevator car together.

The doors closed them off from the rest of the world, and quickly the silence filled the space between them uncomfortably. He smelled nice. Lois tried to shake the thought away, but his cologne in this tight space was inescapable, and she let out a small sigh of contentment. Clark turned to look at her oddly, but she didn’t even acknowledge the motion, keeping her eyes trained on the numbers as they slowly approached the ground floor and striving valiantly to keep any embarrassment from staining her cheeks.

The doors opened, and together they slowly ambled out of the building and towards their usual spot in Centennial Park. A twinge pulled in her stomach. It was their spot, until she’d ruined it. They hadn’t been back since that day.

In fact, they hadn’t done much together since that day, about three months ago. The Planet had reopened about a month and a half ago, but during that gap time she’d hardly seen Clark. And even since it’d been open, they’d hardly even had a chance to work together on anything. He was always keeping a polite distance, leaving her at an arm’s length. Perry didn’t put them together on as many stories, and suddenly she was wondering if Clark had said something to him, or if he could just see the tension in the air between them. She wouldn’t be surprised if it was a little of both.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
New quote :

Guessing:
Slow News Day by Mouserocks

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That is correct!

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“Son, let me give you some advice…” Perry began.

Jerry scoffed. “Save the advice, Dad. I’ll just do what you didn’t, and Sandy and I should be just fine.”

“You need to spoil her rotten,” Perry said, as if Jerry hadn’t interrupted.

“Duh!” Keith chimed in. “You keep this act up, bro, and some other dude is going to steal her away.”

“What do you know?” Jerry rebutted.

“Hey, I watch television,” Keith countered. “And the lame ass jerks always lose the babe.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
“Son, let me give you some advice…” Perry began.

Jerry scoffed. “Save the advice, Dad. I’ll just do what you didn’t, and Sandy and I should be just fine.”

“You need to spoil her rotten,” Perry said, as if Jerry hadn’t interrupted.

“Duh!” Keith chimed in. “You keep this act up, bro, and some other dude is going to steal her away.”

“What do you know?” Jerry rebutted.

“Hey, I watch television,” Keith countered. “And the lame ass jerks always lose the babe.”

This quote makes it easy smile1
The Importance of Fathers by Virginia R

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That's correct!

“Cl…” she squeaked out painfully. Her head was pounding and her arms and legs were stiff from being tied up.

“Shhh…it’s okay, Lois,” Jonathan whispered, shifting against her. “They haven’t been back in here for hours…”

“Cla…” She squeaked out again with a bit more strength in her voice.

“I don’t know,” Jonathan said grimly.

“Hurt…” She managed, finding more strength in her voice as she swallowed hard. “They’re…going…”

“Clark can take care of himself,” Jonathan said adamantly. “I promised I wouldn’t let anything happen to you and I’m a man of my word. Just try to relax…” Jonathan said, shifting against her back. “We’re gonna get out of here…”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ghost From the Past By Folc4evernaday

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That is correct!

Farm boy, says Lois Lane, and something hidden inside Clark Kent thinks I wish.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Callouses by LWhite.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes!

“You should be on my side, Superman,” Cole informed him arrogantly. “She threw you over for Clark Kent — and believe me, he’ll be nothing without her. My plan will kill two birds with one stone.”

Clark picked up the tape recorder and slipped it into another pocket in his cape. “The police will be interested in this.” He picked up a machine that sat on the ground near Cole. “What’s this?”

“Your little mind could never comprehend it — not with the way you fell for it.”

Clark switched it on. A perfect replica of Superman appeared in the alley.

“A hologram machine? That’s your brilliant design?” Clark switched it off. “That’s not even a new design. Hollywood’s been using it for years.”

Incensed, Cole shouted, “It’s not a hologram machine, you cretin! It’s a hallucination machine. How do you think I got everyone to see it out on the street when I was back here?!”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"A Plot Thwarted," by AnnieB.

I'll be quiet now and let someone else play...

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yep

Superman flashed back a real smile this time. “Do you still need my help sorting it out?” Now his voice held nothing more than concern and friendship.

Lois stayed silent.

How could she repay his kindness by blurting out, “I wish you were Clark?” It would be mean and she had already used up a year worth of cruelty today.

So she settled on the more considerate “Can you travel through time? And take me back with you?”

He shook his head. “Sorry, no.”

“Too bad it’s not one of your powers. Would it be too much to wish for H. G. Wells’s Time Machine?”

At his mystified look, believing he didn’t grasp the reference, she explained: “A dead English writer. It’s one of his better known works. The book’s boring, really, but I wish it were true…”

“What would you undo, if you could?” he cautiously asked.

She focused inwardly. “Easy.” She leaned towards him, her eyes intent. “I’d go back to early afternoon and tell Clark that—” A heartbeat later, Lois lowered her red-rimmed eyes. “I can’t–”

She shrugged. “Well, it doesn’t matter, anyway.”

“It does to you.”

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Blooming Time By Millefeuilles

Cuidadora

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard