Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279455 03/10/18 04:03 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here. We're getting through it, don't worry. Promise.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww poor Clark. I feel so bad for him. Is Martha maybe thinking she could go talk to Lois? I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark still isn't thinking. First stalking and now breaking and entering? You don't live there Clark, you can't just walk right on into the the farmhouse in the middle of the night and start rummaging through the kitchen. You need to knock and wait to be let in.

And Clark, Lois' reaction wasn't extreme. You showed up at her house uninvited and unannounced, without her ever telling you where she lived. You were very lucky she even let you into her home at all and didn't choose to call the cops. Then you start talking crazy and you wonder why she doesn't want you in her home or around her baby?

Hopefully Martha can get Clark straightened out and maybe help smooth things over with Lois after messing things up so bad because he hasn't been using his brain.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"So you told her your biggest secret-- the one thing I've told you your whole life to never tell another soul-- for what? To assuage your own guilt?"

"Jonathan!"

"No. The boy doesn't got any sense, Martha!"

"Jonathan," she snapped firmly this time, fixing him with a hard glare. "Why don't you go make us all some coffee?"

He grumbled and launched to his feet, a new sort of guilt filling Clark's soul as he watched him walk away. "He's right, Mom. I probably shouldn't have told her anything. She... she might not ever let me near them again, and she wouldn't be in the wrong. But I just... I should have told her the first time, when we met. Meeting her again, and consciously not telling her? When would ever be the right time?"

Jonathan and Martha are loving and supportive parents, but sometimes even the most supportive people can reach their limit which is exactly what happened here. His father knows what is at stake if Clark's cover is blown - a secret they have all kept for nearly thirty years. As a father he is deeply concerned that his son has thrown that secret and possibly their lives only to show Lois, who is still a stranger, his ability to fly has put them all in jeopardy.

This is something Clark will learn and understand when he is fully invested as a parent. Right now all he has managed to do is scare Lois out of her wits.

Please Mouse, we need some more. grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So when do we get to see that little beauty again? She's the star of the story, after all.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for all the comments, guys! Sorry I haven't had time to get back to you all individually, it's been a busy week. (Have I told you all that I'm going to be an auntie? hyper Super excited! All sorts of baby shower stuff going on this week). Just posted the next chapter.

Glad you're all sticking with me on this one. Clark's got a lot of amends to make still, and more Havana is to come.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
But there was nobody there. Because it wasn't a thousand years ago. Because Krypton and Rao and everything surrounding was gone. Obliterated. Much like his life.

Rao!!? How does Clark know about Rao ? Got a Kryptonia Encyclopedia tucked inside this globe of his? Hmm….

What a lovely scene you wrote with the Kent family meeting in their kitchen! Nothing better than a midnight snack and Martha’s prodding to put things back in perspective…

He sniffed loudly and wiped his sleeve over his face. "I... I screwed up, Mom."
One might say that.

Wonderful speech from Jonathan about the cares of a parent, and having to second guess oneself all the time.

I strongly believe that Martha’s is Superman’s best superpower. Way to go, Martha!

Oh, and Clark, PLEASE, use your brain a little. It's first rate. Sometimes.

Can’t wait for more…

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard