Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
An idea is born...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Um...is Clark going to tell her everything? Like "Hey, you remember Nightwing, the guy who worked with Batman in Gotham City? That was me." Or "Hey, I ran away from the foster system in Kansas because I got weird and I was afraid of hurting someone." You mean that kind of everything?

Whatever he does tell her, it doesn't sound like the kind of conversation that would encourage smooth digestion. And I wonder how she'll react? She might not believe everything he says, just because it's so bad. Or she might pull back from him, scared that his experiences have scarred him psychologically to the point where he has a form of PTSD and can't maintain an intimate (not necessarily sexual) relationship. And maybe she'll come to the conclusion that his dislike of Luthor is part and parcel of his tormented past rather than a reasonable subconscious summation of the evidence.

This is good. I like the altered dynamic between Clark and Lois. And Clark's relationship with Bruce Wayne is very interesting. Now I'm waiting for Luthor to learn about the Wayne Tech/STAR Labs merger - that reaction will be quite revealing. Might even turn Lois's opinion of both Clark and Lex in different directions so that she trusts Clark completely and doesn't believe Lex is even a human being.

Hey, this would be an interesting twist. Superman appears on the scene and public opinion quickly latches onto the idea that Luthor is Superman! Clark can't correct that impression without revealing himself, and whenever Luthor denies it the public just laughs and accuses him of being a secret hero. And Clark might decide that not appearing when Luthor is around is the best camouflage Luthor's ill-gotten money can buy. Even Nigel might start looking at his employer out of the corner of his eyes, especially when some of Luthor's peripheral operations get shut down.

Enough speculation! On with the actual narrative!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
I like how Clark asked Alfred to make the new suit. I especially loved the conversation about the color scheme.

I also like how honest Clark is with Lois and how he isn't hiding things from her. I really enjoy this story and the dynamics.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Um...is Clark going to tell her everything? Like "Hey, you remember Nightwing, the guy who worked with Batman in Gotham City? That was me." Or "Hey, I ran away from the foster system in Kansas because I got weird and I was afraid of hurting someone." You mean that kind of everything?

Whatever he does tell her, it doesn't sound like the kind of conversation that would encourage smooth digestion. And I wonder how she'll react? She might not believe everything he says, just because it's so bad. Or she might pull back from him, scared that his experiences have scarred him psychologically to the point where he has a form of PTSD and can't maintain an intimate (not necessarily sexual) relationship. And maybe she'll come to the conclusion that his dislike of Luthor is part and parcel of his tormented past rather than a reasonable subconscious summation of the evidence.

This is good. I like the altered dynamic between Clark and Lois. And Clark's relationship with Bruce Wayne is very interesting. Now I'm waiting for Luthor to learn about the Wayne Tech/STAR Labs merger - that reaction will be quite revealing. Might even turn Lois's opinion of both Clark and Lex in different directions so that she trusts Clark completely and doesn't believe Lex is even a human being.

Hey, this would be an interesting twist. Superman appears on the scene and public opinion quickly latches onto the idea that Luthor is Superman! Clark can't correct that impression without revealing himself, and whenever Luthor denies it the public just laughs and accuses him of being a secret hero. And Clark might decide that not appearing when Luthor is around is the best camouflage Luthor's ill-gotten money can buy. Even Nigel might start looking at his employer out of the corner of his eyes, especially when some of Luthor's peripheral operations get shut down.

Enough speculation! On with the actual narrative!

Well, he's not *quite* ready to divulge Nightwing but he'll be telling Lois...*some* things. And no, it's not a fun conversation either way. He's really had a pretty hard life, living in Wayne Manor aside.

I'm glad you've been enjoying the story and Lois and Clark's deepening relationship. It's been fun writing the closer than usual relationship between Clark and Bruce too. At least they haven't bonded over their moms having the name Martha. (eye roll)

Thanks for reading! New chapter this weekend. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I like how Clark asked Alfred to make the new suit. I especially loved the conversation about the color scheme.

I also like how honest Clark is with Lois and how he isn't hiding things from her. I really enjoy this story and the dynamics.

Well, without Martha, someone has to do it, right? wink Clark's being as honest as possible with Lois, without telling her everything so far. Kind of like canon Clark. Hiding things while being painfully honest and open.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Even though he was just joking Lois is probably going to go out and buy a case or two of her favorite candy. goofy

Looking forward to the next chapter. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Even though he was just joking Lois is probably going to go out and buy a case or two of her favorite candy. goofy

Looking forward to the next chapter. smile

Haha! I'm not entirely convinced she needs an excuse like Clark's joke to go buy a few cases of it. wink

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And the next step is done, Clark will become Superman. I'm curious to see how Lois will react to the alter-ego in this verse. Canon Lois hadn't really seen Clark before he created Superman and it could be expected that she'd see the flashy hero more than the normal guy.

Here in your story she is a bit nicer to Clark from the beginning than she was in Canon and the two already share a friendship.

Also their talk about Luthor was nice. Clark could explain himself and his dislike of the billionaire without Lois thinking he is just jealous.

I also like the pace you set with Clark telling Lois about his life. It fits very well.

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard