Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279168 02/21/18 07:40 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Glad to see you continuing this story. hyper

Nice to see Lois and Kal-El working together to find a solution to the problem of determining his strengths and limitations without revealing his presence on Earth.

Bernie is interesting in this universe. Different than in canon and yet still the scientist seeking answers.

Martha had pulled him aside after the opening agenda to speak privately.

He has to trust us, Bernie – he is relying on us to safely see him through his ultimate goal – destroying an asteroid that threatens life on Earth. He needs to trust that we care about seeing him to safety after the threat to our world is gone. He knows this, but I haven't heard him express any fears about his own well-being. I'd wager he won't ever question whether or not we care about whether he lives or dies – he probably thinks he deserves to die for how he thinks he failed two worlds.

Even though she's not his mother in this universe, she still understands Kal-El better than anyone, except perhaps Lois. And I like how she shows Bernie how terribly he's been acting and convinces him to change. She's definitely a great choice for team leader of the scientists!

As an aside, I do hope you'll let us know at some point if Jonathan is alive and well in this universe.

Thanks for posting two chapters. Looking forward as always to the story's continuation!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh! Another sequel! I love it! I feel so bad for Kal-El. While everyone certainly has good reason to be weary of him, he’s also a victim. I love seeing that Lois is having conflicting feelings. Can’t wait to see where this goes!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved LST and SISL so much, and I was beyond excited to find out there's another story in the series. I'm not always great about commenting (or reading WIPs), but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your work and how much I love the worlds that you've built.

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard